IGNORED

KL transit time question

RCR

I'm planning on a trip from Melbourne to Phnom Penh next month. Shortest stop over is 2hours 10 minutes in KL.

Is this enough time?

Alternatively, anyone flown from MEL to PNH and what flights do you recommend or general advise?

Barely. I had two hours after Singapore for a domestic at don meuang. Fucking plane was 1.5hrs late. Missed domestic and all fully booked that day and the next. NCA buses fully booked. I had to pay 5000 baht for a taxi to Sisaket. I'll be more cautious in future.

I had a lot longer, 6 hours I think at the LCCT so went to Tune (10 minutes stroll) and booked the 4 hour package , had 3 hours snooze, some KFC and a shower. That  was Airasia. If going MAS  they are pretty good at moving your luggage if timing is tight as I once found out going from Singapore to BKK through KL. If you were going from the main terminal to LCCT I not sure if 2 hours is enough. If all at the same terminal should be plenty of time. I personally would like about 3-4 hours to allow for stuff ups but you could do it if luggage was checked through pretty easy. I caught the late night AA flight out of Tulla and arrived early morning. and had to drag my stuff. I think my flight to PP was around 13.00. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I've had a one hour connection at KL.

Both flights were Malaysian, flight was on time, made the next flight easily.

As long as your first flight is on time, you'll make it easily.

If there was a significant number of passengers on an incoming late flight wouldnt the connecting flight wait,i thought i read somewhere that this sometimes happens!

Archived