Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air Fares from Uk and visa advice

jed§

First, I always book my flight with ebookers. I also always go non-stop. Lots of people give me advice about cheap flights and tell me I pay too much. When I look there aren't any, or there's a catch. I was wondering if anyone books with a particular agency or airline and if it's always the cheapest. I'm coming in November and you can't book a flight with ebookers now for then yet but you can with 'dial a flight', although they don't seem to be cheaper than ebookers flights are in September, which you can book for now.

Second, I'll be staying a week more than the 30 day maximum before I need an extension. What will I need to take with me to Jomtien immigration to get that week's extension?

Thanks, in advance.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, I always book my flight with ebookers. I also always go non-stop. Lots of people give me advice about cheap flights and tell me I pay too much. When I look there aren't any, or there's a catch. I was wondering if anyone books with a particular agency or airline and if it's always the cheapest. I'm coming in November and you can't book a flight with ebookers now for then yet but you can with 'dial a flight', although they don't seem to be cheaper than ebookers flights are in September, which you can book for now.

Second, I'll be staying a week more than the 30 day maximum before I need an extension. What will I need to take with me to Jomtien immigration to get that week's extension?

Thanks, in advance.

u have till september. wait till under 90 days before departure and get a single entry tourist visa before u fly.

1. it's cheaper at 25.00 pounds instead of 1900 bht

2. without one your airline may get sticky at check in and be reluctant to let u board.

u have till september. wait till under 90 days before departure and get a single entry tourist visa before u fly.

1. it's cheaper at 25.00 pounds instead of 1900 bht

2. without one your airline may get sticky at check in and be reluctant to let u board.

How do I get a single entry tourist visa for Thailand in the UK?

How do I get a single entry tourist visa for Thailand in the UK?

either by post or from 1 of the embassies/consulates.

you can download the form u need on line.

i pop into the thai consulate in Queens gate london............they only take cash if you go in person and it's ready the next day after 11.00 am

it will save you a trip to jomtien and also the time which is precious if u are here for 5 weeks.

but it will save u any drama at check in !!

I'm surprised ebookers won't do the flights yet. Airlines usually sell tickets from about 11 months out and most agents do the same.

I can see Eva for under £500 for November with a number of reliable agents - eg Expedia.

I use the airline websites to get an idea of what fares are - do the 5-day view calendar to see if some dates are cheaper.

Then use Skyscanner or Kayak or travel supermarket to see which agents are cheapest.

I'd generally pay a little more with an agent I'm used to rather than one of the newer 3rd party sellers.

Edit: Eva show £484.95 on their website throughout November.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Tried all these so called cheap websites ,,, and came till the conclusion that booking on the airlines websites usually gives you the best deal . 

either by post or from 1 of the embassies/consulates.

you can download the form u need on line.

i pop into the thai consulate in queens gate london............they only take cash if you go in person and it's ready the next day after 11.00 am

it will save you a trip to jomtien and also the time which is precious if u are here for 5 weeks.

but it will save u any drama at check in !!

Thanks for that, but I live outside London so 2 trips in there would not be cost or time effective compared with going to Jomtien. However, I will look carefully when I'm in the mood at the website to download the appropriate form, although last time I tried that I didn't know what the right form really was.

I'm surprised ebookers won't do the flights yet. Airlines usually sell tickets from about 11 months out and most agents do the same.

I can see Eva for under £500 for November with a number of reliable agents - eg Expedia.

I use the airline websites to get an idea of what fares are - do the 5-day view calendar to see if some dates are cheaper.

Then use Skyscanner or Kayak or travel supermarket to see which agents are cheapest.

I'd generally pay a little more with an agent I'm used to rather than one of the newer 3rd party sellers.

Are these all non-stop? I will try the ones you suggest, thanks. I've tried ones like Kayak and after clicking it turns out their prices are one way!! Also, I'm coming back early Jan and many prices are dependent on you returning within a certain time; ie. not very flexible - try longer and the price hikes up.

try netflights.com

Just tried it - cheapest non-stop £664 with EVA - not very 'cheap' but thanks for suggesting them...

The application form for a Tourist Visa is fairly straightforward and all you need is a photo, a postal order and send to the London Consulate by recorded delivery. Once processed you have to fly within 3 months and you only need 1 photo of yourself and not 2 like it says on the form.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Are these all non-stop? I will try the ones you suggest, thanks. I've tried ones like Kayak and after clicking it turns out their prices are one way!! Also, I'm coming back early Jan and many prices are dependent on you returning within a certain time; ie. not very flexible - try longer and the price hikes up.

Yes they are non-stop return BUT go up to £684.95 to return in the first week of January.

Cheapest flight I ever had was 18 hours to the Falklands but the RAF footed the bill.

It's a bit early yet for Thai to put out offers. BA are just over £600.

If you want cheap, crap, indirect then Gulf are under £400.

Cheapest EVA Air flight in November for the dates I want (return early Jan)  is £710.....but thanks for the suggestion and thanks for trying....also I'm not flexible within 3 - 5 days of my 'dates' - awkward bugger, aren't I?

Egypt Air are discounting at the mo

Flying back first week January is always expensive. If you see a fare you're happy with then just book it.

I'm even more inflexible than you. I have to wait for my Sister to book flights from Oz then book mine so we can meet at Heathrow in each direction to hand over the car keys!

Cheapest EVA Air flight in November for the dates I want (return early Jan)  is £710.....but thanks for the suggestion and thanks for trying....also I'm not flexible within 3 - 5 days of my 'dates' - awkward bugger, aren't I?

January 1, 6, 7 & 8 are the most expensive dates on the Eva website.

Try looking at www.jetcost.co.uk They come up with some good prices

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Yes they are non-stop return BUT go up to £684.95 to return in the first week of January.

Thanks and yes, that seems to be the problem - the timing of my return. It's like anything else, isn't it? Something out of the ordinary and the cost goes up - unless you're Mr Boring Average you have to pay through the nose - shoes, trousers, you name it - now I'm getting pissed off.......I'll probably do what I've always done and just book the f.....king flight and put up with the 'you could have got it cheaper' comments which tend to make me want to .......wait a minute.....why don't I make it up - how much my flight cost - I wonder if that's really what everyone else does? 

January 1, 6, 7 & 8 are the most expensive dates on the Eva website.

I tried 2nd and 3rd 

I ill take a look

image.png

Cheapest non-stop flight on my dates is $1089 on their site -  £757 - more or less about the same as every other site, company. airline website ----- but again thank you very much for the suggestion.  

As I said right at the start of this topic            "When I look there aren't any"

That's great thanks - that's about the cheapest I've seen so far - not by much, but at least it's a start.

Archived