Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fresh oysters

Where is good sea food buffet serving unlimited fresh oysters?

Anyone knows?

Thank you in advance.

Unlimited? you randy git.

Pullman ...saturday...could be on friday also

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

I think most of them have oysters, particularly at the weekend. How much do you want to spend? What else do you want?

I love them too. Never seen any place that would do unlimited. Generally pretty expensive. I think it's a contaminated one that gave me the shitters in my previous trip. So careful

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you want fresh sea food go to the Naklua Market, there you pick out what you want. And they will cook BBQ, Boil, or fry what you purchase.  You can eat there in the park or take it to the beach.  They have cold beer there too.  I do not remember seeing big oysters, but the smaller ones are there.  Enjoy. 

Pullman ...saturday...could be on friday also

Miss the Pullman.Didnt make it there this trip.

Usually at least every other week we head down there.Some of the best food in Thailand.

Anyone knows?

Thank you in advance.

On saturday ROYAL CLIFF

Havent had it for a while and would love to have some but not unlimited! Maybe 4 or 5

Please remember to like and subscribe.

You should remember that oysters filter water and water to make you have the runs just as drinking water can so be careful. It's not so much they are spoiled but have bacteria you stomach isn't used to (eg montezumas revenge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them too. Never seen any place that would do unlimited. Generally pretty expensive. I think it's a contaminated one that gave me the shitters in my previous trip. So careful

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

A bad oyster will give you more than the shits, I had a dodgy one on Samui about 4 years ago, nearly passed out then spent 3 days in the hotel room with it coming out front and back so to speak. Worst experience with food I ever had. Lost a couple kg's though so there was an upside, 555 !!!!

You should remember that oysters filter water and water to make you have the runs just as drinking water can so be careful. It's not so much they are spoiled but have bacteria you stomach isn't used to (eg montezumas revenge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a good point, I tend to eat any shit so my stomach is pretty strong when it comes to stuff like this.

Its not so much dirty food but what you stomach can usually handle

Anyone knows?

Thank you in advance.

Never ever order oysters in Thailand.

In most restaurants they will pile ice cubes on top of the oysters, which completely spoils them.

At the international buffet at Cherry’s restaurant there is a bowl with iced water with the oysters swimming in it (without shells).

Tried them once, many years ago. Left the restaurant and 15 mins later I threw them up on the side of the road, on the way home. Off my list in Thailand. I do eat them in other countries.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

Oh.. Thank you for so many answer and concerns.

Actually I have gone to several hotel srafood buffet at bangkok.

They all served good fresh oysters.

I have not taken any problems.

And my gf also love Oysters.

So I decided to try one while in Pattaya.

Actually I called and asked Mercure hotel about their Seafood buffet Saturday.

Because I saw mercure hotel buffet was good at this forum.

They said they do serve oysters.

We will try there and will post our experience.

Thank you to all again.

Actually I called and asked Mercure Hotel about their Seafood buffet Saturday.

Because I saw mercure hotel buffet was good at this forum.

They said they do serve oysters.

We will try there and will post our experience.

The Mercure does include oysters and it is good for the price. I go there quite regularly. Siam@siam is also quite good. At a higher price the Hilton on Friday evening would be suitable, as would the Imperial (ex-Montien), the Dusit, the Centara (both Naklua and Pratumnak), the Amari on Sunday, plus the others previously mentioned.

But almost everywhere does oysters in their buffets, especially at weekends, as I mentioned. It's a shame that you didnt come back with what else you want and what price you are looking for as oysters are only part of the meal as far as I'm concerned.

The Mercure does include oysters and it is good for the price. I go there quite regularly. Siam@siam is also quite good. At a higher price the Hilton on Friday evening would be suitable, as would the Imperial (ex-Montien), the Dusit, the Centara (both Naklua and Pratumnak), the Amari on Sunday, plus the others previously mentioned.

But almost everywhere does oysters in their buffets, especially at weekends, as I mentioned. It's a shame that you didnt come back with what else you want and what price you are looking for as oysters are only part of the meal as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for concerns and recommendations.

We are focusing the Oysters.

And we removed siam@siam because of bad reviews.

And the matter of price, 2k for couple will be nice.

Have a nice day.

1000B each covers the Hilton (barely), Cape Dara, Mercure, Siam@siam, the Imperial, Centara and the Bayview though drinks will push you over the top in some of them. It doesnt stretch to the Dusit or the Royal Cliff or the Amari.

If you intend only eating oysters (a strange choice, but it's your money) then you might find that some of the places run out if you aren't there early. Oysters are generally considered as just one starter amongst many in these buffets, and all of them have plenty of other nice things to eat.

Surprised you have rejected Siam@siam. Are you sure that the bad reviews were made by sensible people? I've been many times and whilst it is not the bargain it was when it started it is still fair value for money.

1000B each covers the Hilton (barely), Cape Dara, Mercure, Siam@siam, the Imperial, Centara and the Bayview though drinks will push you over the top in some of them. It doesnt stretch to the Dusit or the Royal Cliff or the Amari.

If you intend only eating oysters (a strange choice, but it's your money) then you might find that some of the places run out if you aren't there early. Oysters are generally considered as just one starter amongst many in these buffets, and all of them have plenty of other nice things to eat.

Surprised you have rejected Siam@siam. Are you sure that the bad reviews were made by sensible people? I've been many times and whilst it is not the bargain it was when it started it is still fair value for money.

Thank you again, KK!

actually I read from this forum about the siam@siam.

so I am not sure that. Maybe just their tastes...

We are leaving on next monday. So we can visit only one place.

Because most of hotels serve seafood at only friday or saturday.

If you were me, where will you visit for fresh oysters as well as good foods?

We will be happy, as far as there are many fresh oysters.

If you don't mind, pick place not far from Central pattaya beach.

I think you have a lot of experiences about pattaya buffet.

Thank you in advance.

Well, you could look at both the Hilton and the Bayview (cheaper) on Friday evening and eat in one or the other if you fancy them, and then still go to the Mercure on Saturday. If my time was limited I would do the Hilton and the Mercure. :wink:

If you dont like the look of the Hilton or the Bayview when you get there you could also take a bahtbus along to Siam@Siam and look at that. There's also the buffet in the A-One at that end of the beach to look at, and I'm fairly sure that they have oysters. It's a bit touristy though and I dont go there. Looking is free!

Wherever you go be sure to start at 6pm as the Thais get in very early and some places may run out of some things if you get there late.

Both the Bayview and the Mercure are a fair step down from the Hilton in quality, though both are quite a lot cheaper too. The Mercure is probably the best value for your 600B if you happen to like the things that they do.

Well, you could look at both the Hilton and the Bayview (cheaper) on Friday evening and eat in one or the other if you fancy them, and then still go to the Mercure on Saturday. If my time was limited I would do the Hilton and the Mercure. :wink:

If you dont like the look of the Hilton or the Bayview when you get there you could also take a bahtbus along to Siam@Siam and look at that. There's also the buffet in the A-One at that end of the beach to look at, and I'm fairly sure that they have oysters. It's a bit touristy though and I dont go there. Looking is free!

Wherever you go be sure to start at 6pm as the Thais get in very early and some places may run out of some things if you get there late.

Both the Bayview and the Mercure are a fair step down from the Hilton in quality, though both are quite a lot cheaper too. The Mercure is probably the best value for your 600B if you happen to like the things that they do.

Thank you so much.

I deeply appreciate your kindness.

Have a wonderful days.

Thank you so much.

I deeply appreciate your kindness.

Have a wonderful days.

Please do a FR on the meal and let us know here. I'm sure many including me would like to know

Please do a FR on the meal and let us know here. I'm sure many including me would like to know

OK.

I promise to post FR.

My gf and I decide to visit siam@siam buffet this evening after watching movie "Superman vs Batman".

I will post our experience with pictures.

Have a good day.

OK.

I promise to post FR.

My gf and I decide to visit siam@siam buffet this evening after watching movie "Superman vs Batman".

I will post our experience with pictures.

Have a good day.

Bear in mind that Siam@Siam does a free-flow wine option (box wine) that is good value at around 350B for those who like a few glasses of box wine with their meal. And decent coffee (original presentation) is included.

Be sure to leave room for their crepes Suzette which I think are very good.

Archived