IGNORED

Lost licence

rooter6969

hi,

i lost my wallet with my Thai drivers license in it,which i only just renewed.To get a replacement can i just take down my old expired licenses and ask for a new one,as i will be on there system as holding a current license or will i have to go through the whole process again including getting the proof of address from immigration and do the colour test etc,had anyone been through this,any help appreciated

i lost mine last month ....  show passport fill out form pay 205 bht take new pic , get new license . / i did not need a police report . very easy ymmv 

thanks mixxer,thats good news.Do you know if i still need to get down there at 8am or can i go in the afternoon after the crowd has already been through,cheers

I needed the police report when I lost mine although it was about four years ago.

Mixxer's info is much more current but it is so far to go out to the DLT office that the small amount of time and money it takes to get the police report might be a good idea. 

nothing is ever set in stone here .... if you are near soi 9 maybe best to get one ... better to have it and not need it . 

i went at about 10.30 .... checked the paperwork got a number , went for a 2 hour lunch and done by 2.30 . 

very easy and very friendly . nong chock office in bangkok so not used to dealing with farang . 

banglamung office may can have a bit of an attitude problem .... hopefully you catch them on a good day 

in theory it should be straight forward .... but hey TIT  :GoldenSmile1:

good luck

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2016 at 9:47 AM, mixxer said:

i lost mine last month ....  show passport fill out form pay 205 bht take new pic , get new license . / i did not need a police report . very easy ymmv 

i lost both mine , needed letter from immigration. proof of residence,needed to show passport copies of passport and visa. licences were cheap. TIT  depends where you go to get replaced, as with all government institutions, seems to be no continuity on requirements.My Licences were issued and replaced in pattaya .   

• 1 year later...
On 21/03/2016 at 10:27, Goolabert said:

I needed the police report when I lost mine although it was about four years ago.

Mixxer's info is much more current but it is so far to go out to the DLT office that the small amount of time and money it takes to get the police report might be a good idea. 

Also if the lost one is used illegally you will have the police report logged at the police station.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived