IGNORED

Qatar's Dreamliner B787

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

I am in the process of booking Qatar Airways for my October/November flights LHR-----BKK and the flights

i have in mind are 3 x Airbus A380'S and the final leg from Doha to Heathrow is a 787 Dreamliner.

I have myself used it 2 years ago but the middle seat was empty so never thought anything about it.

Been on SeatGure and the reviews on there or damming and very unhelpful to make a choice.

Firstly there are many complaints about being cramped and also very poor leg room and also all the

entertainment boxes in seats A,C,D,F,H and K reducing comfort.

Many people said they would never travel on a Qatar Airways Dreamliner again because of the lack of comfort.

I have not seen one person with a decent thing to say about there Dreamliners all doom and gloom.

So my question to you guys has anybody traveled on a Qatar Dreamliner and did you enjoy it and did

you have plenty of room and comfort i'm very interested to know before i make my mind up on what to do.

Not yet but will be in July with my 15 year old. We got Dreamliner or one leg and A380 on the other. I to have been on seatguru and dismayed to find out about the entertainment boxes under the aisle seats

Really wasnt expecting that at all

Imo opinion if you can choose a380 777-300 with a 9 seat in economy not 10.. Dreamliner is ok but I perfected a380 or 777 on long haul. Just my opinion

I tried to do a spreadsheet for myself when I was considering trying to save money and not flying in Business.

As airlines use different equipment on the route at different times, it may not make much sense - though I understand what I've written

:-)

For your question, the third number in each column next to Qatar is the Dreamliner. Narrowest seat and least legroom of any plane on the route.

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Flewn both the Qatar 380 and 787 and they are super cramped in monkey class unless you are a midget.
1 inch may not sound a lot but it makes a whole lot of difference on long haul and personally I would pay the few £ extra to get best possible space for the bucks

Business, on the other hand, is superb on all Qatar long haul, pure pleasure :-)

Thanks for the reply's guys but went to book Qatar Airways today and found the fare has increased by £32.

So booked with Etihad Airways for an amazing £350 LHR--BKK, 4 X B777  1,35 and 1.0 stop-overs

Good flights EY18/408 and EY403/17 so now well pleased avoided the dreamliner B787.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply's guys but went to book Qatar Airways today and found the fare has increased by £32.

So booked with Etihad Airways for an amazing £350 LHR--BKK, 4 X B777 1,35 and 1.0 stop-overs

Good flights EY18/408 and EY403/17 so now well pleased avoided the dreamliner B787.

you won't be pleased when you get on it, it's super cramped

Should of paid the extra 32 quid. Qatar 777 is the best long haul plane I e flown on.

Only has 9 seats across, all the others have 10

Qatar don't use the 777 out of Heathrow now as far as I can see and only on one of their Bangkok flights.

At least, that's what SeatGuru shows for October.

Do some airlines reliably post the planes they fly on their regular flights somewhere online?

I know they'd likely not want to be bound to those choices, as they might have to choose a another plane if the bookings are significantly different than they planned, but it sure would be convenient to know....

SeatGuru is usually pretty accurate.

http://www.seatguru.com

They can be a bit slow to update when airlines change equipment but it's a decent starting point.

http://www.seatplans.com

Is another option.

SeatGuru is usually pretty accurate.

http://www.seatguru.com

They can be a bit slow to update when airlines change equipment but it's a decent starting point.

http://www.seatplans.com

Is another option.

Many thanks from someone who is actively searching for a flight from LAX to BKK....

Pattaya bound.

Should of paid the extra 32 quid. Qatar 777 is the best long haul plane I e flown on.

Think you will find that Qatar B777-300ER are now being converted to 10 across in economy !

Many thanks from someone who is actively searching for a flight from LAX to BKK....

Pattaya bound.

I fly out of LAX My recommendations.. Try to get on a 777 with a 3x3x3 layout If the flight is cheaper on 3x4x3 economy later, don't do it 777 are meant to have 3x3x3.. EVA has a great 777 layout from LAX-TpE -BKK.. I'm loyal to one world so don't use them much anymore but flew with them 4 times .. Now I use Cathay out of LAX But if your not a airline mile chaser go with EvA .. Usually get them for 700 -800 RT

Many thanks. I've been using Expedia to search for flights and I don't recall ever seeing EVA show up on the LAX to BKK I pull daily. Suggestions for finding EVA? Should I be searching their site only?

I'm flying on BA next month, and Eva in September, and believe that both are still 3-3-3 on their B773 between BKK & LHR ?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/seating/seat-maps/world-traveller-seatmap

I'm on Qatar in July and have avoided the Dreamliners. Got A340 on first leg at 8 across and A380 on 2nd leg. From reading elsewhere the AVOD boxes are a real pain in Aisle seats

I'm flying on BA next month, and Eva in September, and believe that both are still 3-3-3 on their B773 between BKK & LHR ?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/seating/seat-maps/world-traveller-seatmap

According to SeatGuru, yes.

Many thanks. I've been using Expedia to search for flights and I don't recall ever seeing EVA show up on the LAX to BKK I pull daily. Suggestions for finding EVA? Should I be searching their site only?

Go to EVA website directly and join their Twitter page a lot of time they have mobile deals ... EVA is wonderful with great route/transit times...

I've found that Kayak pulls from just about everyone (I think Expedia, Travelocity, etc. are included in the shown fares).

Don't know what your budget is, but I'm planning on doing Premium Economy once (if?) my war chest of frequent flier miles runs out and I stop flying business class.  If you're taller than 5'7" and weigh more than 160 lbs., the extra width and leg room makes the flight MUCH more bearable.

I have to fly to Cebu next week, and premium economy tickets are now running about $1600, but economy tix are only around $800 (both on Cathay).

I tried to do a spreadsheet for myself when I was considering trying to save money and not flying in Business.

As airlines use different equipment on the route at different times, it may not make much sense - though I understand what I've written

:-)

For your question, the third number in each column next to Qatar is the Dreamliner. Narrowest seat and least legroom of any plane on the route.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That chart is FREAKIN' AWESOME, davidge!  

Thanks for posting it!

To put those numbers into perspective for USA-based BMs, a typical Southwest plane features a seat width of 17 inches and pitch of 32-33 inches.

I've found that Kayak pulls from just about everyone (I think Expedia, Travelocity, etc. are included in the shown fares).

Don't know what your budget is, but I'm planning on doing Premium Economy once (if?) my war chest of frequent flier miles runs out and I stop flying business class.  If you're taller than 5'7" and weigh more than 160 lbs., the extra width and leg room makes the flight MUCH more bearable.

I have to fly to Cebu next week, and premium economy tickets are now running about $1600, but economy tix are only around $800 (both on Cathay).

That chart is FREAKIN' AWESOME, davidge!  

Thanks for posting it!

Thanks. It shows Heathrow to Bangkok not from the States but should still give an idea.

It will get out of date as airlines change equipment though.

Archived