IGNORED

Eastiny Soi 7

robert

Fifth time I am staying here good for the price free breakfast and Internet

Someone told me that in room safes have been broken into a few times has anyone heard about it

I stayed there twice last year and did not experience that or hear about that.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

I stayed in the one on soi 8 easterny plaza a few years ago and had my safe done but they had the manners to lock it behind them if your happy there its up to you

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

If the safe is your only concern you can rent a safe box at siamsecure about 600 baht/month i did it very pleased

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

yes I stayed there two years ago a load of safes were done by the assistant manager he did a runner I was lucky never use them I just hide my bank cards and use xash machines I stayed there last year it's ok hotel for soi 7 and 8

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

It must've been going on for years, I read this on a trip advisor report from August 2011;

Be on your guard using roomsafe at any eastiny hotel in pattaya. Someone cleared out my cash from roomsafe on first night. No forced entry. hotel staff didn't care, obviously involved. 6 more rooms done 2 days later, same no damage. BE WARNED. DO NOT USE ROOMSAFE, IT'S NOT SAFE.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Thanks for all your responses

It must've been going on for years, I read this on a trip advisor report from August 2011;

Be on your guard using roomsafe at any eastiny hotel in pattaya. Someone cleared out my cash from roomsafe on first night. No forced entry. Hotel staff didn't care, obviously involved. 6 more rooms done 2 days later, same no damage. BE WARNED. DO NOT USE ROOMSAFE, IT'S NOT SAFE.

Not all Eastiny hotels have room safes.  The Bella Vista doesn't but there are safety boxes behind the hotel counter.

• 2 weeks later...

I put my valuables in the boxes behind the desk and did not have a problem but probably will not stay there again

The worst hotel I have ever stayed. Drunk receptionists at night. Infact they even tried to threaten me.

Just left in morning and can't even think if returning back.

I stayed there Feb 16, my standard room had no in room safe so used box behind the desk with no problems. Good value for the money basic 3 star hotel. Perfect for Bars but noisy from Bars outside till 3 am.

Most don't but if you think even drunk up you may try a ladyboy then don't stay at any Eastiny hotel, they are adamant about no kathoey and don't hesitate to embarrass you.

• 9 months later...

Does any of the Eastiny chain of hotels have wifi in the rooms? I am reading the reviews on trip adviser and everyone seems to say only in the lobby.

Does any of the Eastiny chain of hotels have wifi in the rooms? I am reading the reviews on trip adviser and everyone seems to say only in the lobby.

Eastiny 7 has free wifi at reception area, but extra charges for wifi on othe floors. There is active lan outlet in each room. I don't remember what the wifi charges were, but it was cheaper to get a local sim card on your mobile and top up with Internet data plans.

I do travel with a Wifi Travel Router ($20 - $30) and a Lan cable which you can use to convert a wired LAN connection to a wifi hotspot.

Worst hotel I ever stayed in LOS.

It was 2013. Late night arrival. Receptionist drunk and even tried to charge for keys.

Was hell of a night. Left in morning to Sabai Wing.

An update on the wi-fi. It is free now and available on all the floors. It seems that they changed to the free model a few months back.

Archived