IGNORED

D Hotel Any Info

bobdown

10 hours ago, darpra said:

I always give it to the one where the farang sits. Very good service. All of them put something to give a nice smell for the clothes. I unfortunately dont like it. So I specified to the lady and from then on wards I got it washed without that.

I used the one directly opposite too. Travel jeans, shirt, socks and boxers laundered and pressed for 65 Baht. No issues.

• 8 months later...

I've walked into D hotel when there's no availability online and they had rooms, if that's any help.

Alternatively one soi along is D Apartments and D Express which are similar.

After three times using the D hotel and loving it I have changed to the D Xpress. 
I am just back from staying at the D Xpress in Novemeber and have booked up for it again in May. 
Exact same rooms as D hotel,same bedding,bed sofa and pool is same size only thing isthe balcony is smaller so perhaps an issue for smokers. I like the location as it’s a nice walk along 3rd road to top,of Soi excite,Lengkee or Chayapoon. Or a 3-4 minute walk down to Soi B for the bhat bus. 

yeah it’s cheaper than the D hotel however I can’t see any draw backs. Some may say the location isn’t as good  as D hotel which I would agree but it’s 3-4. I minute walk away. Also on serious note the reception girls and the guy on a night are more friendly.

Edited by Joethescot

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

Does this hotel know how to send girls up to your room or do they feign ignorance and you have to go down to get every single one in the lobby?

9 hours ago, blueforever25 said:

Does this hotel know how to send girls up to your room or do they feign ignorance and you have to go down to get every single one in the lobby?

Not that I do it often but on the odd occasion when I've had a visitor they've rang the room and allowed her up after taking their ID.

11 hours ago, ableyone said:

Not that I do it often but on the odd occasion when I've had a visitor they've rang the room and allowed her up after taking their ID.

Thanks @ableyone for the feedback. This seems like great value for the money it just makes me sad when my hotel can't figure this out, LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t think this has been posted before, but here’s the D hotel restaurant / room service menu.

B607E1A6-4CC8-4957-AAFB-BB1CB31D2242.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I really liked staying here recently (feel free to ask me some questions but I won't pretend to be an expert on the place).

One problem I had with the place though was the WiFi. I was here during January so it could be due to it being busy season, but basically the WiFi worked excellently at first and then stopped working at all. I wasn't sure why this was happened and never ended up asking the front desk what was up.

I'm normally pretty good with these things (as I'm a professional software engineer now and have been working in the IT space for 8+ years, plus it is my passion) and ended up just hacking a local network that somehow was on WEP encryption :Evil_Laugh:).

But I'm interested if anybody has had good/bad experiences with the WiFi in this hotel. I really liked the location and felt like it had everything I needed, plus I liked the staff, so I'd love to return, but I'd rather not have to hack some poor shmuck's WiFi again…

2 hours ago, blueforever25 said:

I really liked staying here recently (feel free to ask me some questions but I won't pretend to be an expert on the place).

One problem I had with the place though was the WiFi. I was here during January so it could be due to it being busy season, but basically the WiFi worked excellently at first and then stopped working at all. I wasn't sure why this was happened and never ended up asking the front desk what was up.

I'm normally pretty good with these things (as I'm a professional software engineer now and have been working in the IT space for 8+ years, plus it is my passion) and ended up just hacking a local network that somehow was on WEP encryption :Evil_Laugh:).

But I'm interested if anybody has had good/bad experiences with the WiFi in this hotel. I really liked the location and felt like it had everything I needed, plus I liked the staff, so I'd love to return, but I'd rather not have to hack some poor shmuck's WiFi again…

I stayed there a couple of years ago, on two different floors, and the WiFi was OK for me. One thing I found, and I expect you may already be aware of this, is that it would stop working after a while, which I assumed was a leased / session token expiring. I would then log back in again, and it would work for a while, once more.

• Like 1

Never had a problem at D hotel was consistently getting 13mps but at D apartment, just around the corner, I was only getting 3mps and that was in their best room.... because of that I'll never stay there again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Any reason to worry about doing any banking stuff on hotel wifi?

Depends on the sort of WiFi network you are on and depends on your level of paranoia. If your banking site is somehow INCREDIBLY insecure and doesn't use HTTPS and the WiFi network is really old they could grab your traffic in the air. As tech has advanced that has become increasingly unlikely. So I would look to make sure the site is using HTTPS, and then you can be reasonably confident that you are safe.

(Note, for those out there that know about sneaky MITM attacks and other tricks, yes, there are ways he could be compromised, but even the attack I describe preventing against above is really really unlikely.)

@nekkid and @barmatt Thanks for the replies - do either of you remember what room number (or around what room number) you were staying in? They had a pretty scrappy setup for sure, using tons of different SSIDs, but I was on the eastern side of the fourth floor and had some issues. Thanks!

14 hours ago, blueforever25 said:

@nekkid and @barmatt Thanks for the replies - do either of you remember what room number (or around what room number) you were staying in? They had a pretty scrappy setup for sure, using tons of different SSIDs, but I was on the eastern side of the fourth floor and had some issues. Thanks!

I stayed in a superior room at the front on the lowest floor above reception, centre opposite the stairwell, possibly 2nd floor, and then a standard room at the back, on I think the 5th floor, 2nd room from the end towards D Apartment.

Best I can do from memory, with no written record.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2020 at 10:42, Wilson said:

Any reason to worry about doing any banking stuff on hotel wifi?

My online security keeps nagging at me when using hotel type wifi etc, so I mainly use a USB tether from my mobile phone to laptop or set up a secure hotspot.

Just doesn't seem too smart to pay for decent online security and then ignore what its telling me.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.