Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

North Korea court sentences US student to 15 yrs hard labour- Xinhua

News Bandit

SEOUL - North Korea's supreme court sentenced American student Otto Warmbier, who was arrested while visiting the country, to 15 years of hard labour for crimes against the state, China's Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.

View the full article

Anyone know whay the full story behind this is ?

Do US tour companies organise trips to North Korea knowing the risks ? Are US students not aware of the risks ?

Is it actually some weird evangelical christian thing ?

All seems both very sad and very stupid at the same time.

But I do not know the details, so I am curious.

North Korea is not on my to-visit list.

I have no pity for these guys whatsoever.   I dont think his own country should be over backwards to get them back.   What the fuck are you doing going there, unless you are a spy.   Duh

Note to myself......Don't ever ever ever go to North Korea, even if they sent you a first class ticket, and put you up in their best hotel..........  Iran and the like too.   What the fuck

many of these idiots are religious, and bring a bible and want to push it on them........   duh

I have no pity for these guys whatsoever. I dont think his own country should be over backwards to get them back. What the fuck are you doing going there, unless you are a spy.

He has an unfortunate surname too: Mr Warmbier.

The US government stongly advises US citizens not to go there. He does just seem fairly stupid or deliberately provoking trouble and media attention.

$10k used car for 15 years hard labour?

That thing will only be worth $600 when he gets back,if ever.

Mention hard labour in Salford and you'll be talking to yourself

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

What an idiot ! He'll do well to last a year in a North Korean jail .suicide would be a far better option

American guy at work this morning was ranting about NK off the back of this story.

Until I pointed out the 35 year sentence handed to Bradley Manning for uploading a video to the internet.

Archived