IGNORED

Use of Hotel Pools

MFKS

Noticed people talking about using hotel pools of hotels they are not staying at

What is the go with this??

Was interested as looking at next trip I was looking at a guest house maybe to keep the costs on accommodation down but wouldn't mind use of a pool on occasion

Areca Lodge would be a good example as I am familiar with it

Some (most?) hotels will allow it upon payment of a fee, probably in the range of 100-200 baht.

Rooftop pool on Mike's Mall is another option

So just walk in with your swimmers to reception and pay up the fee each day you want to go swimming??

Yes, pretty much. Either front reception or the pool area where they hand out towels/take orders etc. The former is probably the best option, as the staff in that area would have better English. I'd expect that they would give you a 'pool towel' too.

Ok that's good.

Expands my range of accommodation options then as I can keep the room cheap and then just pee in someone else's pool on whatever day I feel the need for a swim

I have a routine when staying at a place with no pool, I eat breakfast at a small restaurant inside a condo complex that has a pool. I think take a long walk, burn away breakfast calories then go back to that same condo, take a pool side shower and go for a swim. I think you could do this at many places, pay and eat a meal, you belong, go ahead and use the pool.

Sutus Court, Soi Buakhao/Soi Lengkee has a pool and large jacuzzi.   The jacuzzi is on stilts above the car park and warmer than the pool.    It was 80bht for use.

I can recommend the large pool on the roof of Mike's Shopping Mall.  100baht a for the whole day.

Think Metropole down from Areca is 100b,but have never used it so not sure on size ,clean etc. But as it`s part of LK group maybe they all allow access?

I asked in Areca lodge and they wanted 400 baht a day.

Wow!! That's the equivalent of being quoted 3000B for ST.

Was this in peak season?

J&P Court on Soi Lengkee charges 100 thb.

Opey de Place has discontinued allowing non-guests to use the pool

**info from May 2015

Archived