Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

La Cerise Closed?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I walked up soi Lenkee to Retox Bar last week and it looked like La Cerise was closed. Anyone confirm?

A very upmarket guesthouse run by Cheryl who was a good manager,

489235_14022711380018491269.jpg?s=800x60

I stayed at this guesthouse a few times LW. I thought it was really nice and a welcome addition to the area.

I'm not sure if it is closed - maybe just scaled back to renting the rooms only (?) - but yes I did notice that the windows were covered up where the cafe/lounges were.

Website is still active, but I'd be hesitant about sending 50% of the bill in advance via Paypal as they always requested. That was my only complaint about La Cerise.

Not sure why it didn't work out for them. That baroque furniture in the cafe did look a little out of place in Soi Lengkee Pattaya, but the rooms, pricing and service were top-notch. Perhaps a themed bar on the ground floor would've worked better in diversifying their income stream. And their marketing never really seemed pitched towards "us".

Probably a bit to much 'up market' for the location . 

I walked up soi Lenkee to Retox Bar last week and it looked like La Cerise was closed. Anyone confirm?

A very upmarket guesthouse run by Cheryl who was a good manager,

489235_14022711380018491269.jpg?s=800x60

have stayed there around 12 times and had always been highly satisfied-cheryl-fantastic lady-over a year ago-maybe 2 now the restaurant closed and sectioned off from the guest house-which was the death nell-over time and staff cutbacks you could see the writing on the walls-staff couldnt clean the rooms because there was no one to mind reception one time i couldnt open the safe -it was still locked from the previous guest-they couldnt go up to the room and unlock with keys ,again because no one to look after reception-it took 4 days to get the problem resolved---it would be sometimes 2or 3 days between cleaning because the cleaning lady was on reception and couldnt leave the desk.the last straw was cheryl asking me what time i was going to be back in the evening so she could lock up the hotel for the night and go home----i felt like a naughty little school boy that had to be home before 10pm-after that i moved sois and hotels i just new no one could go on like that-dont know if they are still trading-but what a shame great place i guess just not loved enough by guests to keep it viable

The restaurant never really got going, and I think the "French bakery" handle was problematic as I'm not sure if much baking was done on-premises .

Karandy, you stayed there 12 times, I only stayed there 3 times, but did you ever see anyone eating in that restaurant from "outside", other than hotel guests eating their all-day breakfast?

have stayed there around 12 times and had always been highly satisfied-cheryl-fantastic lady-over a year ago-maybe 2 now the restaurant closed and sectioned off from the guest house-which was the death nell-over time and staff cutbacks you could see the writing on the walls-staff couldnt clean the rooms because there was no one to mind reception one time i couldnt open the safe -it was still locked from the previous guest-they couldnt go up to the room and unlock with keys ,again because no one to look after reception-it took 4 days to get the problem resolved---it would be sometimes 2or 3 days between cleaning because the cleaning lady was on reception and couldnt leave the desk.the last straw was cheryl asking me what time i was going to be back in the evening so she could lock up the hotel for the night and go home----i felt like a naughty little school boy that had to be home before 10pm-after that i moved sois and hotels i just new no one could go on like that-dont know if they are still trading-but what a shame great place i guess just not loved enough by guests to keep it viable

One of the problems with businesses in Pattaya run by Thais . Boyfriend (sponsor) buys them a bar/hotel/restaurant and

the little farmer girl , without any experience and 2 years of basic school needs to run the place ... recipe for disaster . 

One of the problems with businesses in Pattaya run by Thais . Boyfriend (sponsor) buys them a bar/hotel/restaurant and

the little farmer girl , without any experience and 2 years of basic school needs to run the place ... recipe for disaster . 

the owners i believe are french-and have also interests in property development,and concrete repairs and re coating.the everyday manager was fantastic -a filipino -more mature lady.i think more time was wrongly devoted to other interests rather than the guest house.great shame

The restaurant never really got going, and I think the "French bakery" handle was problematic as I'm not sure if much baking was done on-premises .

Karandy, you stayed there 12 times, I only stayed there 3 times, but did you ever see anyone eating in that restaurant from "outside", other than hotel guests eating their all-day breakfast?

only one time-however the next day i was told that the people dining there were possible future owners of the place with the current owners -hence the large array of food on display.obviously the sale never went through hence its demise.i ate there one evening only because i was quite ill.i had a bowl of home made tomato soup-campbells from a can--180 baht !!! i think all bread and cakes came from the continental ?

Just picking up a few points from posts above.

Regarding owners, I never met them. However the place was really well managed by Cheryl (she sounded French?). I believe that it was well run, but that it was in the wrong place - I could see the appeal of an upmarket boutique guest house with period furnishings in say Hua Hin, but not on Soi Lenkee.

In terms of the food, first time I stayed it was awesome (brilliant breakfast omelettes), the second time I stayed the food was non existent (breakfast offered in hotel next door, but I chose to brekkie at the excellent Blue Heeler instead).

Just picking up a few points from posts above.

Regarding owners, I never met them. However the place was really well managed by Cheryl (she sounded French?). I believe that it was well run, but that it was in the wrong place - I could see the appeal of an upmarket boutique guest house with period furnishings in say Hua Hin, but not on Soi Lenkee.

In terms of the food, first time I stayed it was awesome (brilliant breakfast omelettes), the second time I stayed the food was non existent (breakfast offered in hotel next door, but I chose to brekkie at the excellent Blue Heeler instead).

in all the times ive stayed there the owners never spoke once-always looked the other way-french couple-cheryl was the manager a filipino great lady-i too ate in the b lue heeler - max is a great guy------ really they went too upmarket with the restaurant--their biggest downfall was that there were no ladies on hand that would have helped enormously--especially out front in the patio bar area,i think they missed a trick there-with that they could have used a room or 2 for ST and could have turned their fortune around

Don't want to take the thread too off-topic, but talking about French owners and that part of Soi Lengkee, have either of you stayed at the Bluebird Inn a couple of doors down?  A possible alternative.

Don't want to take the thread too off-topic, but talking about French owners and that part of Soi Lengkee, have either of you stayed at the Bluebird Inn a couple of doors down?  A possible alternative.

Not taking things off topic at all mate. No I haven't stayed in Bluebird....any good?

thanks mate will look into it

What a shame this is...lovely guesthouse, great location and Cheryl was the bomb! If I had to find a manager for my business same/same I would hire her...no problem. I never had a problem here. Never had to pay in advance for my room, always friendly and helpful.

BUT....the restaurant was always empty...I mean not a single diner who wasnt a room guest...EVER... when I stayed there. I had regular breakfast and coffee there and it was fine but IMO the guesthouse/ restaurant mix did not work.

I have looked at The Bluebird nearby...it's okay but small rooms and less friendly.

La Cerise - RIP.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Not taking things off topic at all mate. No I haven't stayed in Bluebird....any good?

I haven't stayed there either, but took a wander past one day and asked if there was an empty room I could inspect. It was high-season, and the only vacant room they had  was their "standard room". It looked okay to me, certainly no smaller than La Cerise's standard room (which was pretty small), furnishings decent but a little less stylish than La Cerise.

One of the things I liked about Bluebird is that there is a downstairs bar/restaurant open area where you can have a drink or bite and open up your laptop away from your room. That's something I miss having at a place like China Garden. And it's not something that I found appealing at La Cerise either, apart from the included breakfast.

The (French?) bloke on front reception was a little gruff, his English was a little patchy, I'm guessing this place does a lot of business with French visitors. Just a guess.

Website here: http://bluebirdinn.eu/

Maybe you do one of your famous reviews on Bluebird some day!

The newish Retox bar and hotel looks nice , has a bar and I believe a 24 hr restraunt .nice I agree to get food and a drink where your staying ..

Sad to hear about La Cerise but i knew it was just a matter of time;

Stayed there on my both trips in 2013 and it was really great,but after spending one night 1 year ago got the feeling the glory days of La Cerise are over.The lack of maintenace could be easily spotted,i posted some pics of the room from my last visit.

Such a shame,spent some wonderful time there,the staff was great,Cheryl very friendly,but i guess it was just to upmarket for this location as another BM already said.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I hope it still open. I have talk to the manager in December and booked April to May. So I hope it is not close when I get there.

I love the place. Nice clean room.

Living the life...

I hope it still open. I have talk to the manager in December and booked April to May. So I hope it is not close when I get there.

I love the place. Nice clean room.

Have you tried contacting them? And have you read the posts in this thread about rooms not being cleaned daily and the "lock-out" that Karandy mentioned in post #4?

If I were you, I'd probably be looking at a Plan B and instead keep La Cerise as a pleasant memory....

When did you stay there?

Living the life...

LOL ITS STILL OPEN.

just booked with Frank the owner for April. Restaurant is gone, that's all.

Great place

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

LOL ITS STILL OPEN.

just booked with Frank the owner for April. Restaurant is gone, that's all.

Great place

I'm pleased to hear that it's still open. In my OP I asked the question and thanks for answering. I agree it is a great place - both my stays were superb.

When I walked past late one night, the building appeared to be in total darkness (including the sign). My mistake to assume closure.

LW theyre Now using the small side door. It would be an easy mistake to assume it's closed :)

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

I have e-mail to them and get response. So I can also confirm it is still open and at night they have the security guard. But he always sleep when I get home :GoldenSmile1:

I think it much more nicer then China Garden opposite, but no Jacuzzi.

Living the life...

Archived