IGNORED

Keeping track of posts

timmieacer

I'm just wondering if there's a way to track what threads you've replied to? On a given day, I may make 6-10 posts and I can't remember the titles. I've found that in my profile it lists the last 5 posts made, but that doesn't help with 6-10, or any of the others on days before. I'm sure that this will lead to someone, someday replying to something I've wrote in a way to make me look rude by not responding. In reality, it's just the sins of my youth torturing me by stealing my memory.

As a side note, someone once said to be a good liar you need either a perfect memory or eyes in the back of your head. Since my memory is shot and I only have 2 eyes, I guess I'm out of luck. :Drunk1:

I'm just wondering if there's a way to track what threads you've replied to? On a given day, I may make 6-10 posts and I can't remember the titles. I've found that in my profile it lists the last 5 posts made, but that doesn't help with 6-10, or any of the others on days before. I'm sure that this will lead to someone, someday replying to something I've wrote in a way to make me look rude by not responding. In reality, it's just the sins of my youth torturing me by stealing my memory.

As a side note, someone once said to be a good liar you need either a perfect memory or eyes in the back of your head. Since my memory is shot and I only have 2 eyes, I guess I'm out of luck. :Drunk1:

Go to my assitant , ( top of this page ) click

it will show my last 10 post ,

click again and there you are , most of us have two eyes .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

I find emails notifications are best and you can change your settings so that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post to:

My Control > Options > Email Settings > Enable 'Email Notification' by default? / Default Type: Immediate Email Notification

That's the handiest, fastest way, removing the need to keep checking your assistant by hand.

While you're there, tick the box for "Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic

Enabling this option will send a plain text version of the post in the subscription email."

- good for quickly checking if the reply is worth visiting the board for.

If you don't want emails to clog up your Inbox, either create a filter to direct emails from Addicts to a special folder or use an excellent webmail program such as Gmail which will link all the alerts about the same thread together, very handy.

Keep track of or remove Topic subscriptions here:

My Controls > Subscriptions > View Topics

Edited by donny

• 1 year later...

Joe

This feature seems to be changed now:

When I click my assistant, it only shows 10 last posts in the forum, not MY last 10 posts.

I must admit I have exactly the same problem to see all my posts till now. Any help?

A good way of finding your own posts is to find a post you have made. hover the mouse over your name on the post and click. You will then see 'Find Member's Posts.' If you click this you will get a listing of your posts.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

A good way of finding your own posts is to find a post you have made. hover the mouse over your name on the post and click. You will then see 'Find Member's Posts.' If you click this you will get a listing of your posts.

Thanks mate! So easy it makes me look dumb :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Joe

Thanks

• 1 year later...

YES!I agree this ;"While you're there, tick the box for "Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic

If you don't want emails to clog up your Inbox, either create a filter to direct emails from Addicts to a special folder or use an excellent webmail program such as Gmail which will link all the alerts about the same thread together, very handy."