Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hair Transplant.......Serious Question

Harvey707

Have any of you Guys actually had it done ??  I appreciate some might might view as sensitive subject to reply to so feel free to use PM

I'm 56 in few weeks and have always prided myself on appearance. Throughout life its served me well really well especially so in Thailand

14 years ago I had cancer and one of the side effects was loss of hair for a temporary period. I looked fucking awful and I mean awful. I didnt go out for 4 months without a bobble hat on (fortunately it was winter) so please dont come back with the shave it all off nonsense.

It might suit 2-3% of Guys bit I'm in the other 98% where it looks gross

Have been doing bit of research and these Guys in Turkey have decent reputation for around 1800 Euros plus cost of getting there etc etc. Am not quite so interested in the relative cheapness as such. Have sent them shots of rear of head which they requested and answer can back yes more than enough (cynic might say they always say that I agree)

The link is here

http://www.whatclinic.com/hair-loss/turkey/istanbul-province/istanbul/bahcelievler/cosmedica-hair-transplant-and-plastic-surgery

Any thoughts.....??

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think of Wayne Rooneys double abortion I might add as not good !!

A buddy used a guy in Bangkok. Dr Pathamvinich was the name. Clinic near ARI station. Was almost bald on top, now just looks like a bloke who has slightly thinning hair. Nobody can believe he had transplant. Did miracles for his confidence. High finance guy, so image masters. http://www.dhthairclinic.com/html/index.php?ln=en Don't know cost but he said very cheap.

A buddy used a guy in Bangkok. Dr Pathamvinich was the name. Clinic near ARI station. Was almost bald on top, now just looks like a bloke who has slightly thinning hair. Nobody can believe he had transplant. Did miracles for his confidence. High finance guy, so image masters. http://www.dhthairclinic.com/html/index.php?ln=en Don't know cost but he said very cheap.

Thanks for that. I know some Poo poo the idea but if you've been used to always receiving praise for your looks (for my age) and it starts to fade I see no harm in shelling out to hopefully "restore" me for 5 years more or so !!

Not Thailand but a friend of mine just got back from India and paid 2500 AUD for coverage that was typical male pattern type. Have another friend who paid 8000 dollars in Australia for the same job. Looks the same for what it's worth the guy who had the job done in India did say the clinic was flat out with europeans being treated while he was there.

My hair is starting to thin and recede, but I don't think I would want to put it all back after it has gone. I have imagined myself bald and it doesn't look pretty, but I will just deal with that when it happens.

Like Harvey said, for some it's important. For me personally, I can't see the need in it (of course if it goes early due to illness as mentioned above, then that's another story).

Sometimes though it is best to just take it all off - there is a guy who catches the same bus home that I do each evening. He wears a nice shirt and suit trousers. I guess he is an office-worker type. The top half of his head is totally hairless. That which grows from the bottom half of his head hangs halfway down his back. Its looks quite a sight.

A friend of mine went through the whole research process in Bangkok - I went along with him and the bit that impressed me the most was that the initial meeting was with a doctor NOT a salesperson

He never went through with it ....

Have any of you Guys actually had it done ?? I appreciate some might might view as sensitive subject to reply to so feel free to use PM

I'm 56 in few weeks and have always prided myself on appearance. Throughout life its served me well really well especially so in Thailand

14 years ago I had cancer and one of the side effects was loss of hair for a temporary period. I looked fucking awful and I mean awful. I didnt go out for 4 months without a bobble hat on (fortunately it was winter) so please dont come back with the shave it all off nonsense.

Have been doing bit of research and these Guys in Turkey have decent reputation for around 1800 Euros plus cost of getting there etc etc. Am not quite so interested in the relative cheapness as such. Have sent them shots of rear of head which they requested and answer can back yes more than enough (cynic might say they always say that I agree)

The link is here

http://www.whatclinic.com/hair-loss/turkey/istanbul-province/istanbul/bahcelievler/cosmedica-hair-transplant-and-plastic-surgery

Any thoughts.....??

Have you currently on finasteride? It is required if you undergo a hair transplant in order to assist in maintaining the transplanted hair. If not, you should definitely get on it.

I know how you feel though, I find that a lot of the people that say 'just shave your head' are those that have never experienced male pattern baldness. The slick bald look just doesn't look good on most people

Have you currently on finasteride? It is required if you undergo a hair transplant in order to assist in maintaining the transplanted hair. If not, you should definitely get on it.

I know how you feel though, I find that a lot of the people that say 'just shave your head' are those that have never experienced male pattern baldness. The slick bald look just doesn't look good on 99% people

Yeah am on Fin have been 6 years. Brothers both younger than me nearly all gone. I'm at I say 70% still

Have corrected your Post for you !!

Fake always looks fake.

Just shave it off. Oh sorry that's nonsense.

You are in your 50s man. Do you expect to never age and always look the same?

Fake ??  What you talking about ??   Its your OWN hair

We all age some a lot better than others and i suspect thats down to a little effort. Give you an example. Tomorrow when you go out daytimes just look at guys in their 40's upwards with thread veins all over cheeks and nose. Its caused by alcohol but mainly by the sun.

For 4,000 Baht once a year you can have everyone of those veins removed from your face here in Pattaya. I bet theres guys reading this that will blow 4,000 on Booze tonight let alone a starfish.

No man will look good going from a full head of hair to a shaved head overnight. You should not use that particular experience to exclude an option.

Most men who shave their head reached that point over several years by going shorter and shorter until shaving.

Hair transplants are easy to spot, especially as a man ages. Complete waste of money IMO to end up looking ridiculous in old age. 

In my experience you have the percentages the wrong way around. The world in your head is frequently very different to the one that actually exists around you.

Yeah am on Fin have been 6 years. Brothers both younger than me nearly all gone. I'm at I say 70% still

Fake ?? What you talking about ?? Its your OWN hair

We all age some a lot better than others and i suspect thats down to a little effort. Give you an example. Tomorrow when you go out daytimes just look at guys in their 40's upwards with thread veins all over cheeks and nose. Its caused by alcohol but mainly by the sun.

For 4,000 Baht once a year you can have everyone of those veins removed from your face here in Pattaya. I bet theres guys reading this that will blow 4,000 on Booze tonight let alone a starfish.

Not sure if you follow the world of hair loss cures but there's currently a few trials of new drugs/techniques that could be game changers. Have a look at Replicel or Histogen. Not saying you should hold off but it's worth consideration given the invasive process of hair transplants (which by the way can look undetectable provided you have a skilled surgeon and sufficient donor hair)

My father went through the process, twice. It was quite expensive in Norway, and he paid something like THB 1.000.000++ for both procedures and a stem cell injection. For the first couple of years it looked great, and it really boosted his confidence. His hairline was still receding though and the age of 63, he still did not look 25 :-) However, around two years after the second procedure, he got sick and had to start with medication which led to increased hair loss, now he looks just like he did before the procedures....

Not sure if you follow the world of hair loss cures but there's currently a few trials of new drugs/techniques that could be game changers. Have a look at Replicel or Histogen. Not saying you should hold off but it's worth consideration given the invasive process of hair transplants (which by the way can look undetectable provided you have a skilled surgeon and sufficient donor hair)

Have only last few months starting looking into it thanks

Fake ?? What you talking about ?? Its your OWN hair

Harvey, I bet you're a handsome man who wants to keep your good looks.

I'm an ugly bastard and I know it,but at least I'm comfortable in my own body and how I look.

Very best of luck

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

I reckon the best way to go about it is dont go for the full monty,do it according to your age!

Not the taboo it once was, neither is hair dye.

Agree not all blokes would suit a shaven head...look at the size of the bonce on UK TV "personality" Ant....of Ant & Dec, would look ridiculous shaven. On the subject of Ant & Dec...two transplantees?

Wayne Rooney is enough reason to give it a swerve in my opinion...but as it is your cash and your life, if it helps with the confidence then go for it.

Not the taboo it once was, neither is hair dye.

Agree not all blokes would suit a shaven head...look at the size of the bonce on UK TV "personality" Ant....of Ant & Dec, would look ridiculous shaven. On the subject of Ant & Dec...two transplantees?

Wayne Rooney is enough reason to give it a swerve in my opinion...but as it is your cash and your life, if it helps with the confidence then go for it.

Dec has got a weave care of Advanced Hair Studio not a transplant per se. I dont think Ant has. You make a good point though if they were to shave it all off quite simply their contracts wouldn't get renewed.

You could always tattoo rabbits on your head........from a distance they look like hares.

I know, I know, sorry.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Any other suggestions surgeons etc gratefully received.

Any other suggestions surgeons etc gratefully received.

Well I suggest you ignore the "shave it off " brigade because they just keep spouting out the same old bollox all the time 

:GoldenSmile1:

On a more serious note, I have had a procedure with Dr Pathomvanich and would highly recommend him if you wanted to get treatment in Thailand.

With regards to Cosmedica, they are remarkably cheap and I haven't seen any bad reviews from people who have been treated there. 

That said, they are cheap for a reason - because technicians are performing the majority of the work. Furthermore, I don't see their main surgeons, Dr Acar or Dr Cinik, appearing on any approved lists.

Personally, if I was looking for a HT in Turkey I would rather pay a bit more and go for an IAHRS approved surgeon who is going to be 'hands on' throughout the procedure. 

You have only got a finite amount of donor hair and the main criteria should be a surgeon who is consistently giving the best yield rather than cost considerations. One that basis, I would recommend Koray Erdogan of the ASMED Clinic who is one of the top ten hair restoration surgeons in the world or Ali Karadeniz at AEK Hair Institute.

Good luck whatever you decide.

No man will look good going from a full head of hair to a shaved head overnight. You should not use that particular experience to exclude an option.

Most men who shave their head reached that point over several years by going shorter and shorter until shaving.

Hair transplants are easy to spot, especially as a man ages. Complete waste of money IMO to end up looking ridiculous in old age.

In my experience you have the percentages the wrong way around. The world in your head is frequently very different to the one that actually exists around you.

Completely agree. I bet he looks absolutely fine with a grade 1. That's what I do and don't give being bald a second thought. In many ways it's easier. 43 now and been bald for years

Shaving my head was the best thing I ever did for my appearance (great memory too but that's another story!). I was 43 when I did it and I really wish that I'd done it 15 years earlier, the attention I got from women doubled literally within minute of having it done! (went straight from medium long hair) In all honesty it doesn't suit everybody but there's only one way to find out and if it works it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a transplant, if it doesn't then it won't make any difference after a few weeks.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

If it works for you then great but have read so much bad stuff about Finasteride, there are whole forums dedicated to people who claim it has badly affected their sex lives, scary stuff. Here's one, 

There are claims that the easily obtainable amino acid Taurine is more effective and without the side effects reported by many.

Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Archived