IGNORED

Dual SIM phone, for purchase when I arrive in May

WetWilly

I may want to purchase a new phone when I arrive in Thailand next month, but I want a dual SIM phone, unlocked.

I'll be arriving by air to BKK, then going to Pattaya. I don't need to purchase it immediately, just trying to narrow down the choices soon so I can do some online research beforehand. I'd like to buy a new Smartphone.

Does anyone know of a specific model number for an LG dual SIM phone available in Thailand?

I dont know if this may assist

http://th.priceprice.com/mobilephone/?SIM=Dual-SIM

The second box allows you to filter by manufacturer...LG specific

http://th.priceprice.com/mobilephone/?maker=LG-33&series=Optimus-113&SIM=Dual-SIM

Worth looking at OPPO imo, Chinese company but I replaced my galaxy with the dual sim r7 plus and am very happy with it and its VOOC charging.

I dont know if this may assist

http://th.priceprice.com/mobilephone/?SIM=Dual-SIM

The second box allows you to filter by manufacturer...LG specific

http://th.priceprice.com/mobilephone/?maker=LG-33&series=Optimus-113&SIM=Dual-SIM

Worth looking at OPPO imo, Chinese company but I replaced my galaxy with the dual sim r7 plus and am very happy with it and its VOOC charging.

www.willmyphonework.net

The site says my US T-Mobile phone is supported on TrueMove's Thailand network. As I may just purchase a Thailand SIM card upon arrival, I do not know if this (TrueMove SIM) is the best choice for a Thai SIM card, but it seems at least 3 Thai networks support 4G LTE while using this phone.

The listed networks whose SIM cards might support 4G LTE while using my phone in Thailand are:

AIS

DTAC

TrueMove H

The listed networks whose SIM cards might support 4G LTE while using my phone in Thailand are:

AIS

DTAC

TrueMove H

Right, those are the three main mobile service providers in Thailand.  They're all roughly the same in pricing and reliability if you're just going to be in city/tourist areas (Bangkok, Pattaya, etc).

I use DTAC just because, well, I've always used DTAC.  :Dunno:

I have bought Irulu phones on Ebay, they are cheap and most are dual sim card.  Not the best specks but seem to work and are very cheap.

Joker...

I have bought Irulu phones on Ebay, they are cheap and most are dual sim card. Not the best specks but seem to work and are very cheap.

Joker...

I'd never heard of Irulu until you mentioned them. They offer Smartphones and tablets.

Thanks. This is interesting to me. If might be a good opportunity to purchase a tablet with dual SIM, use it while in Pattaya, then bring it back the USA.

samsung do a duel sim smartphone in tukcom

They are definitely throw away items but I bring over a few tablets for my taxi girls two kids every time, $35 a piece, last them maybe a month before they break them, but they would break a good one too.  She has used two different dual sim cards, one has a T-mobile number on my account and then her Thai phone.  Data and texts free with my account and phone calls on hers, occasionally on mine but at 20 cents a minutes still no problems.  

The tmobile works pretty good there, I get good to great service in Pattaya and when we drive to the village, 50 miles from the Cambodian border I can use Google maps the whole way and only lose data a few times.

Joker.. 

They are definitely throw away items but I bring over a few tablets for my taxi girls two kids every time, $35 a piece, last them maybe a month before they break them, but they would break a good one too. She has used two different dual sim cards, one has a T-mobile number on my account and then her Thai phone. Data and texts free with my account and phone calls on hers, occasionally on mine but at 20 cents a minutes still no problems.

The tmobile works pretty good there, I get good to great service in Pattaya and when we drive to the village, 50 miles from the Cambodian border I can use Google maps the whole way and only lose data a few times.

Joker..

That's good news to me, since I have T-Mobile in the USA, and I don't want to use their global roaming in Thailand and not have decent data.

So when you were traveling between cities, which of the Thai data networks was your phone using? AIS, DTAC, or True?

Pick up a Doogee off Ebay around £50 dogs bollacks for the money obviously dual sim as well

My lad who wont even look at a phone unless its an iphone said it was best looking bit of kit he'd ever seen and functional reliable to boot

Dtac I believe but my memory is not much for such details.  Unless you really head into the bushes or expect to stream video the data will work for most things, can get a bit slow but it is all free, or at least included in your regular plan.

Also look into a line account.  Thai girls use them to text for free as their plans charge for every text.

Joker..

Also look into a line account. Thai girls use them to text for free as their plans charge for every text.

Joker..

Yep, I created a Line ID a while ago.

Archived