Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Trump calls for Rubio to drop out of US Republican race

News Bandit

Washington - Republican frontrunner Donald Trump calls on rival Marco Rubio to drop out of US presidential race, saying he would look forward to going head-to-head with Texas Senator Ted Cruz for the party nomination.

View the full article

If he did drop out ,what happens to the delegate votes he got.  Do the  delegates get the chance to vote for someone else or have their votes just been wasted.

Or have I misunderstood the system;  which wouldn't surprise me.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

The Democratic Party RULES apply to all states - delegates of candidates who drop out are reallocated to remaining candidates.

The Republican Party RULES are different for every state: some are released and act as they would after a first failed ballot at the convention. In other states their pledges are reallocated. In yet other states the delegates must still vote their pledge on the first convention ballot, even if their candidate is no longer running. This is one of the issues that makes the current Republican primary so fascinating and a bit scary.

Also is one of the reasons you hear so much about a "brokered" convention. By this, I mean that on the first vote at the convention, no candidate gets a majority (>50%) of the delegate vote. After this first vote fails to select a nominee, delegates are released from their pledges to vote for the candidate their state voters mandated. Since the actual delegates may have different loyalties than their pledges to their voters (voters don't actually choose delegates, they just make them pledge to vote for their choice on the first ballot) any and all possibilities are on the table, including people who did not even compete in the primaries (perhaps Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, or even Justin Bieber ;-)

Thanks for detailed reply.

Another question. Marco Rubio has 'won' Puerto Rico. I thought Puerto Rica was an American 'colony' and not a State. So why are they allowed to vote in the American election.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Another question. Marco Rubio has 'won' Puerto Rico. I thought Puerto Rica was an American 'colony' and not a State. So why are they allowed to vote in the American election.

rubio has to win something so they gave him a break

12814036_1039959089395758_5510231859328046501_n.jpg

Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam are US Territories and do not have voting representation in the House, Senate, nor have electors who ultimately decide the Presidential race. The Constitution reserves those rights solely to the States, and Puerto Rico is not. Until they were admitted as States in 1959, Alaska and Hawaii were also territories and suffered under the same situation.

The Presidential Primaries are organized by political parties who set their own RULES. There is no Constitutional mandate that directs how parties are organized or select candidates. Both Democrats and Republicans have chosen to include Puerto Rico in their primaries, even though the Territory's US citizens may not vote in the actual Presidential race.

Interestingly, Washington DC residents have neither Senators nor a voting member of the House. Until 1961 (23rd Amendment) they had no representation in the electoral college, meaning they were completely disenfranchised in Presidential elections.

Weird, arcane, and often incomprehensible to Americans much less the rest of the world.

My personal political platform: When in Pattaya I definitely have Big Hands!

Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam are US Territories and do not have voting representation in the House, Senate, nor have electors who ultimately decide the Presidential race. The Constitution reserves those rights solely to the States, and Puerto Rico is not. Until they were admitted as States in 1959, Alaska and Hawaii were also territories and suffered under the same situation.

The Presidential Primaries are organized by political parties who set their own rules. There is no Constitutional mandate that directs how parties are organized or select candidates. Both Democrats and Republicans have chosen to include Puerto Rico in their primaries, even though the Territory's US citizens may not vote in the actual Presidential race.

Interestingly, Washington DC residents have neither Senators nor a voting member of the House. Until 1961 (23rd Amendment) they had no representation in the electoral college, meaning they were completely disenfranchised in Presidential elections.

Weird, arcane, and often incomprehensible to Americans much less the rest of the world.

My personal political platform: When in Pattaya I definitely have Big Hands!

Small hands here.  But I make up for it with warm feet.   :GoldenSmile1:

Archived