IGNORED

Fifty injured as boat engine explodes in Bangkok: official

News Bandit

BANGKOK - Fifty people were injured on Saturday when the engine on a Bangkok commuter boat exploded, pitching several passengers into one of the city's canals, emergency officials said.

View the full article

No pictures , nature of the injuries not clear ... they sure it was the engine that exploded ? 

No pictures , nature of the injuries not clear ... they sure it was the engine that exploded ?

Oh yeah,I'm sure they're sure.lol.

The old boat engine exploding problem.

Why,it happens all the time over here.

.. an engine explosion injuring the 50 passengers seated four abreast, closest to the stern, would have to reach roughly 10 rows up.

.. assuming the boat was in motion, it seems an open flash fire is unlikely to flash forward that far.

.. a detonation from gasoline accumulated in the bilge might send enough wooden shards through the deck to create some injuries.

.. were it something more sinister, maybe the perpetrators would have claimed the attack by now.

.. I am thinking of the poor souls who went overboard, into the Saen Saeb Khlong .. it's a freakin' petri dish filled with all kinds of mutant bacteria and viruses .. nasty!

.. curious.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I've caught this boat dozens of times as the ex lived in Bang Kapi. That big red box sitting middle to rear exploding would have done a lot of damage to anyone standing near it and seated in the rows behind it.

If you were injured in an explosion then thrown into the canal it would be one of the most horrid experiences to suffer.

.. news today reported it was an LNG-fueled engine .. an LNG fuel leak in the enclosed engine compartment I guess could easily cause an air-fuel explosion.

.. no one has claimed responsibility, so unlikely an intentional attack.

.. seems just another normal, fiery explosion in the everyday background noise of life in Thailand.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived