IGNORED

budget guest friendly hotel recommendations

tourist111

Hi all,

I'm going to pattaya tomorrow and I've already booked a week in guest house. Not dead in the centre, it's about 10-15 mins walk. I know that for many people is way to far but I'm fine with it.

I still have 2 more weeks after that, and I'm looking for advice on a nice guest friendly hotels.

Here are my requirement's:

Air con

WiFi

Clean room (good score on booking.com or agoda)

outdoor pool

Location around bech road or second street or around devils den. ( generally closer to all action points)

Must not cost more than 25 dollars per night.

Please spare me comments regarding being cheap or whatever. I'm not from a rich country so it still a lot of monies for me.

Many thanks in advance for all replays.

If you don't mind being further up Second Road then Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 will have some rooms in your price range.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Anyone got any opinions on:

LK mansion

Duannaming hotel pattaya

R-con blue ocean hotel

They seems good on the web, but I don't know nothing if they are guest friendly or not.

Tnx

$25 a night is that US dollars?

If so that would eqate to roughly 875BT 

I think you will be hard up finding a hotel in that price range near the action

with

Air con

WiFi
Clean room (good score on booking.com or Agoda)
outdoor pool

You will however find Guest houses in that price range not to far from LK Metro (Devils Den)

They will have everything you want except the swimming pool.

You could possibly use a pool at a nearby hotel for a small fee.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

$25 a night is that US dollars?

If so that would eqate to roughly 875BT

I think you will be hard up finding a hotel in that price range near the action

with

Air con

WiFiClean room (good score on booking.com or Agoda)outdoor pool

You will however find Guest houses in that price range not to far from LK metro (Devils Den)

They will have everything you want except the swimming pool.

You could possibly use a pool at a nearby hotel for a small fee.

Strange u say that, as I found many 2 and 3 star hotels in this price range around areas I'm interested in, but as they would be consider "not worthy" by many more wealthy people around this forum and other forums on the internet it's really hard to find info about their guests policy. Hence the reason I asked.

I'm aware that for average American or someone from Australia or UK it's hard to imagine that some one could not afford a "cheap" hotel they stay in, but there are places in Europe where ppl earn less than they can imagine, but still have big dreams and can save monies for a trip like this.

Some of the places I listed have everything I asked for, but no info on guests.

Sorry if I come out like a harsh comment, but I'm fed up with hearing stuff about how u can't live if u don't get a hotel for like 50 bucks a night.

Strange u say that, as I found many 2 and 3 star hotels in this price range around areas I'm interested in, but as they would be consider "not worthy" by many more wealthy people around this forum and other forums on the internet it's really hard to find info about their guests policy. Hence the reason I asked.

I'm aware that for average American or someone from Australia or UK it's hard to imagine that some one could not afford a "cheap" hotel they stay in, but there are places in Europe where ppl earn less than they can imagine, but still have big dreams and can save monies for a trip like this.

Sorry if I come out like a harsh comment, but I'm fed up with hearing stuff about how u can't live if u don't get a hotel for like 50 bucks a night.

Nothing wrong with staying in the cheaper hotels,i've stayed in plenty myself, you will find most of them to be girl friendly,but some will charge for a third guest,it is mainly the more exspensive places that will do this.

If you want to be sure on there policy on guests you could e-mail the hotel you are interested in directly and ask, most will have an e-mail address or better still check them out yourself when your on the ground in pats that way you can check out the rooms and know what you will be getting, there will be lots of vacancys

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Yeah, I think checking them out on the ground will be the best option.

For sure u might even get a cheaper rate than Agoda is charging if not u can still book through agoda 

Many good budget options on Soi Buckhao.. Chaba Hut, Sutus Court... both have pools

Nature inn on soi buakhao,although  not sure of price these days. Sutus court also on Buakhao..Don`t know price but Honey lodge on south pattaya road. Other option is a guesthouse around 600/700 baht and pay somewhere nearby for use of pool? most charge 100b,but you my find one for 50b now classed as low season.

Katesiree residence is very good for B600- 700. If you want a pool the Duan Nam Ing comes in at around B750- 850.

Heaps of people from wealthy nations stay in the cheap places, don't worry about that. US$25 gets you a nice room in Soi Buakhao, I think it gets harder to meet your criteria on beach/second road (possible, but fewer options). I would check Soi Lengkee, China Garden (now renamed to Steak something, you'd have to check the forum) is a popular option, but there are loads in the 600-700 baht range. No pool though, that really limits your options.

As for guest friendly, it's really only the higher priced hotels that you might have problems with, or those that clearly seem to be family run hotels (which are few and far between in the heavy monger areas). So basically, I would be surprised to hear there was a budget guesthouse/hotel along soi Buakhao that wasn't guest friendly (or charged a joiner fee). 

I'm certain all the LK hotels are guest friendly, so just go and ask to look at the rooms during your first week, and doesn't hurt to ask if there's a joiner fee.

Try Pattaya Carlton hotel, Soi 5 and Second Road( west side of road) has a pool inside courtyard, girl friendly, good wifi, fridge and air con.  Just make sure to tell them that you do not want to have a room at the back of the building facing the disco.  Clean rooms but dated. 

babydollsaddict.gif

I stayed at Opey de Place, on Soi Lengee last week for 4 nights, just a couple of mins walk from LK Metro, Soi Charypoon & Soi Honey & plenty of shops, bars & restaurants around.

I paid about 800bt per night, thought it was very good, the pool looked nice but I never used it. AC & Wifi were good, big fridge , good bed. TV is an old-fashioned one, but I never use them anyway.

I was very pleased with the place

You will have a larger selection of choices if you stay at a guesthouse without a pool and just pay a small fee to use the pool at a nearby hotel. I have stay at China Gardens and Bluebird on Soi Lengkee and use the pool and J&P Court for 100 thb/day a few times during my holiday.

Honey inn is a nice place only lacking the pool if that's your thing. It's a bit more..$ 28

Opay de Place on Soi Lengkee, failing that treat yourself and stay in the Areca you tight bastard.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky

Lkansion is fine ive stayed there very basic but ok and clean...you will pay 600baht a night and they have a pool

Sorry LK Mansion...

I second Chaba Hut. 800 baht low season and includes breakfast. Opey looks nice too.. I think I will check it out next holiday.

I've sometimes used the pool at sutus court. Charge 80 baht

Archived