IGNORED

Supermarket(s) with western style food

slashlarue

I will be traveling to LOS and may stay in a condo. This will necessitate me eating back at the place by choice sometimes especially breakfast. Are there any reputable supermarkets in Patts with dairy products such as eggs, butter and cream, coffee (full bean) that can be trusted, (I have weak stomach as it is)? Price is not an object I just do not want to get sick. Also is it possible to find a coffee machine that is an all in one grinder and coffee maker, (it would be a little hard to take it on the plane).Thanks in advance.

even the 7/11's and family marts stock the basic ingredients.

every large supermarket will also have them usually cheaper.

without knowing which area of pattaya you intend to stay it is difficult to be more specific. nobody wants to shop for groceries too far from base.

even the 7/11's and family marts stock the basic ingredients.

every large supermarket will also have them usually cheaper.

without knowing which area of pattaya you intend to stay it is difficult to be more specific. nobody wants to shop for groceries too far from base.

It is looking more and more like central.

I will be traveling to LOS and may stay in a condo. This will necessitate me eating back at the place by choice sometimes especially breakfast. Are there any reputable supermarkets in Patts with dairy products such as eggs, butter and cream, coffee (full bean) that can be trusted, (I have weak stomach as it is)? Price is not an object I just do not want to get sick. Also is it possible to find a coffee machine that is an all in one grinder and coffee maker, (it would be a little hard to take it on the plane).Thanks in advance.

Villa Market at the Avenue is also a great choice. Aisles and aisles of imported food, and fresh produce and eggs as well. And they open early and close late.

The coffee machine that you're looking for is available at Central Department store (4th floor, I think) at Central Festival.

under central festival shopping (near soi 9 and between second rd and beach rd) there is a large supermarket which will tick the boxes

Big Tops supermarket on the ground floor of Central . 

Big C extra on Pattaya Klang 

Foodland on Pattaya Klang . 

do not believe them pattaya is a third world Jungle , we only have no electric , we have to boil all water for drinking and we catch and kill our own food  .

oh wait that is africa .... you will be fine 

Frienship supermarket on pattaya tai- 2 of them

Villa market in the avenue

cheers

Thailand is more developed than you think, plenty of McDonald's, Pizza Huts, Starbucks,KFC, Boots. Supermarkets the same

do not believe them pattaya is a third world jungle , we only have no electric , we have to boil all water for drinking and we catch and kill our own food  .

oh wait that is africa .... you will be fine

Come on, hah I know that I was just there years ago and did not need a supermarket and really didn't look when I was there.

I thought if I'm renting then why not eat like the US. You guys cleared it up for me thanks very much appreciated.

To the OP:

First a general point. You're worrying too much about your trip and overthinking things. Pattaya is very developed and Westernized. You'll be fine!

As for Supermarkets, if you stay in VT6 then use the one downstairs in Central. Not the cheapest, but you won't heed to carry things too far so easier.

If you stay in VT 5 or 7 in Jomtien, the 24h Family Mart next to the Airport bus office has a good range of Western food.

I took a small filter coffee machine with me last trip - and my own coffee. It's easy to buy a machine there if you want something better. You can always donate it to another BM at the end of your trip ;-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

To the OP:

First a general point. You're worrying too much about your trip and overthinking things. Pattaya is very developed and Westernized. You'll be fine!

As for Supermarkets, if you stay in VT6 then use the one downstairs in Central. Not the cheapest, but you won't heed to carry things too far so easier.

If you stay in VT 5 or 7 in Jomtien, the 24h Family Mart next to the Airport bus office has a good range of Western food.

I took a small filter coffee machine with me last trip - and my own coffee. It's easy to buy a machine there if you want something better. You can always donate it to another BM at the end of your trip ;-)

What you call “the 24h Family Mart next to the Airport bus office” is not a Family Mart convenience store, but a supermarket named “Foodmart”.

It is located on Thappraya Road near the Thepprasit Road crossing.

Also View Talay 1 and View Talay 2 are nearby.

Yes. Thanks!

Lousy memory :-)

My brain is increasingly addled.

Knew it was a Foodmart. Family Mart down on the corner as you turn towards arch & 7-11 just further down. Used all 3 on my last trip.

I didn't mention VT1 & 2 as the OP was discussing accommodation in another thread and wanted to be on the beach.

the coffee machines that grind beans and brew coffee - they are very nice - have one that came with my condo, and I LOVE coffee... there are several places to buy coffee beans (Villa Market, the grocery store in Central Dept Store, FoodLand; the arseLess chaps gentlemen club gathering place & quality coffee shop, Benjamit (they roast beans - they have beans from single country source and blends for decent/not expensive prices) ... I was checking out the machines in Central department store today, and they are pretty pricey - meaning a couple hundred USD and higher (saw one discounted from 100,000 THB to 80,000 THB)... they are quality machines from decent name brands... if you don't mind sinking that much money into buying one, then Central Dept store has a good selection of them...  

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

Pattaya Guru, you come through again for me thank you. Yes as I got old I think things over and over I guess it only gets worse with age. The first time I went to LOS I just jumped on a plane 2 weeks after buying the ticket and hit the ground running! But that came at a cost as in too much drinking, eating and you know what. Same with the other places I went in my youth, all down hill from there, hah! Yes I will buy the coffee maker (as I am a javaman) and give it away when I leave.

the coffee machines that grind beans and brew coffee - they are very nice - have one that came in my condo, and I LOVE coffee... there are several places to buy coffee beans (Villa Market, the grocery store in Central Dept Store, FoodLand; the arseLess chaps gentlemen club gathering place & quality coffee shop, Benjamit (they roast beans - they have beans from single country source and blends for decent/not expensive prices) ... I was checking out the machines in Central department store today, and they are pretty pricey - meaning a couple hundred USD and higher (saw one discounted from 100,000 THB to 80,000 THB)... they are quality machines from decent name brands... if you don't mind sinking that much money into buying one, then Central Dept store has a good selection of them...

Wow 80,000 that is a lot even for the US. I can't bring one because of voltage issue. That reminds me of the first time I was in Patts and I plugged my hair dryer in(the connection didn't fit right) and the thing took off like flame thrower. It' melted the plastic and I had to get one from the hotel. It was funny now looking back at it. Fresh roasted beans hummmm..sounds great, boy this place has come a long way.

Wow 80,000 that is a lot even for the US. I can't bring one because of voltage issue. That reminds me of the first time I was in Patts and I plugged my hair dryer in(the connection didn't fit right) and the thing took off like flame thrower. It' melted the plastic and I had to get one from the hotel. It was funny now looking back at it. Fresh roasted beans hummmm..sounds great, boy this place has come a long way.

Buy your appliances in Europe: 220 volt and 50 hertz, just as in Thailand.

Also, euro plugs are becoming the new standard in Thailand.

The amount of 80,000 baht seems like one zero too much.

Bean to cup machines are expensive. You could buy a decent drip-filter machine MUCH cheaper and either buy coffee ready ground or just get a small grinder.

Of course, if the OP gets a bean to cup I'm quite happy to make arrangements to take it off his hands at the end of the trip :-)

Edit: this one at Big C

image.jpeg

299 baht is a bit better than thousands for a short trip.

Bean to cup machines are expensive. You could buy a decent drip-filter machine MUCH cheaper and either buy coffee ready ground or just get a small grinder.

Of course, if the OP gets a bean to cup I'm quite happy to make arrangements to take it off his hands at the end of the trip :-)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yes I may have sacrifice the grinding if we're talking that much difference in money. Big C ok, Thanks again davidge.

Buy your appliances in Europe: 220 volt and 50 hertz, just as in Thailand.

Also, euro plugs are becoming the new standard in Thailand.

The amount of 80,000 baht seems like one zero too much.

Houten Kop, I would buy them in Europe if I was starting off from there but I'm originating from the US.

under central festival shopping (near soi 9 and between second rd and beach rd) there is a large supermarket which will tick the boxes

This place have everything Western you will need, but also Western prices (or more) on anything imported.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

This looks great for my next trip, i particularly like the price.

I'd buy Benjamit ground coffee for it.

Archived