IGNORED

siam@siam or tim or...

Gregorious

i have stayed at the usuals when i go there, marriott as my favourite, amari, as a great hotel but further down and empress , bayview, LK Metro .

i went for a drink at siam by design or siam@siam one evening and it looked like a nice hotel

This time i wanted to try stay somewhere different . also so i can try out different roads from the usual Walking Street lk which i seem to do when i am staying in particular at the marriott

in your opinion is worth trying out siam or alternatively amari nova suites or tim boutique. eventhough the last one is in the same lk area but still cheaper than marriott this time round .

i was thinking that if i stay at the siam or nova suites i can explore more of soi 7 and the six and still get to go to lk if i wanted. usually i do it the other way round when i go more to lk, Walking Street and pop in to the 6 only in the afternoon.

one last thing is there a balcony room at the siam as i like to let some air in the rooms and have a smoke outside without having to go downstairs

any comment would be appreciated landing on the 14 march for a more relaxed trip by myself and happy to meet up with others

Hi Greg - I stayed at Siam@siam for about 14 days over the Christmas 2015 period.  You're right it is a nice hotel.  A couple of cool pools and great decoration.  For £45 a night I didn't think the rooms were worth it.  Quite small and also looking pretty used.  I would have been quite content if I'd have only booked 4 days or so.  Wouldn't have minded paying for the experience there.  But 14 days was too much and I soon got bored and started noticing every mark and scratch in my loom!  Bed and bedding was okay.  The cleaner was so lovely though.  Tipped her just for her happiness and politeness (not for her dusting!).  The bins in the living space and bathroom were disgusting and could definitely do with replacing.  The security guard who directs the cars and taxis also wanted a few Baht tip for no apparent reason as I was going out one night for example.  Great view over Pattaya from 22 floor.

This April 2016 when I come for 18 days I will be booking several of the most popular PA hotels such as Page 10, Acrea, See me Spring Too, August / April Suites and possible LK Empress although I just spotted a couple of poor reviews on the latter.  Was looking at Tims too.  I travel light and would much prefer to hotel hop.

Siam is worth a couple of nights at £45 mate.  If you go you will enjoy the pool.  Hope this helps.

Hi Greg - I stayed at Siam@siam for about 14 days over the Christmas 2015 period.  You're right it is a nice hotel.  A couple of cool pools and great decoration.  For £45 a night I didn't think the rooms were worth it.  Quite small and also looking pretty used.  I would have been quite content if I'd have only booked 4 days or so.  Wouldn't have minded paying for the experience there.  But 14 days was too much and I soon got bored and started noticing every mark and scratch in my loom!  Bed and bedding was okay.  The cleaner was so lovely though.  Tipped her just for her happiness and politeness (not for her dusting!).  The bins in the living space and bathroom were disgusting and could definitely do with replacing.  The security guard who directs the cars and taxis also wanted a few Baht tip for no apparent reason as I was going out one night for example.  Great view over Pattaya from 22 floor.

This April 2016 when I come for 18 days I will be booking several of the most popular PA hotels such as Page 10, Acrea, See me Spring Too, August / April Suites and possible LK Empress although I just spotted a couple of poor reviews on the latter.  Was looking at Tims too.  I travel light and would much prefer to hotel hop.

Siam is worth a couple of nights at £45 mate.  If you go you will enjoy the pool.  Hope this helps.

thanks tele , decided to go back to the usuals and got a good deal at Barquda so i dont think ill go too wrong , im only there for 5 nights so ill make the most of it

have a good trip im there in 14 days time

Hmm great breakfast in the Barquda the best Boutique hotel in Pattaya IMHO, have stayed in both Tims & The Marriott hotel. Both could do with a full make-over as they are getting old.

"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

Well stayed at Holiday Inn (new executive tower is nice) about 6-7 times, recently was at SiamSiam for 4 days in Jan.  Last month was at Marriot which is really nice (love the breakfast).  Only been to Amari once but I recommend SiamSiam or Marriot if you can.

http://<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/11.jpg&text=PATTAYA%20&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2016&month=5&day=2&hour=1&minute=0&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Archived