Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Shipping Motorcycle Parts to Thailand

stillakid

I would like to ship (via slow boat) a crate of motorcycle parts from Seattle, WA USA to Thailand (BKK is OK).  The size would probably be about 1 sq meter and weigh about 120 kg.

The parts will mostly make up a complete offroad motorcycle and I am not concerned about a green book, since it will be for offroad only.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of venture?

Thanks

Stillakid

High chance Customs will seize this since it is going to BKK..Up to them to release the Parts or Not....Most Illegal bikes here are brought in as Farm Equipment Via Isarn then re-assembled again in order to Sell ( I have been told)

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Are the parts used? As it is illegal to import used motorcycle parts. 

Just import the whole bike. If it is obviously an off-road bike you don't have to register it anyway. 

Yes, the parts/motorcycle is used.  I was not aware that it is illegal to import used motorcycle parts to Thailand.  I was told by a Thai motorcycle dealer that I could bring the parts in, no problem, but that I would have to bring the frame in myself (as in checked baggage on an airline flight). 

A shipping company in California has told me that a 3 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft  shipping box that weighs about 100 kg would cost at least $1000 to ship from the USA to Bangkok via sea freight.  Maybe I am very naïve and uninformed, but that seems like a lot of money.

Thanks for your post

IF you doubt the illegality of used parts then go to motorcycle.in.th and ask the same question or even one of the Chiang Mai based touring/off road forums. I guess another way would be to contact a grey market dealer like Red Baron .

Thanks Mike.  I will check out these forums.

Cheers

Stillakid

Archived