IGNORED

LK the Empress

frankman

Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm attracted to the location and the rooms look very nice. Looks like the pool leaves a lot to be desired though. Would appreciate any feedback from those who have stayed there recently. Putting the final plans together for my maiden voyage. Thanks!

I was there for 10 days last year. Overall I was not too impressed and I don't intent to return.

Yes location is OK but not amazing - its still a 10 walk to Walking Street. The room was ok -  i did not like the decoration as it was very gaudy. The balcony was useless due to a huge aircon unit (rear facing room). Also the balcony was dirty and never cleaned, covered in bird excrement, even after I complained. I thought the pool was fine but nothing special - it was quiet when I was there.

A quick tip on location as this is your first visit - Walking Street is not the focal point of everything Pattaya has to offer. Yes Walking Street is great for Agogo's and night clubs. But after a couple of nights it does get boring. Lots of fun can be had in some of the other bars for example Soi 7 & Soi 8, and along beach road. Therefore it can be better to select a more central hotel so you are a short walk to everything.

If you have a bit more money to spend, the Marriott is a far superior hotel nearby. Also look at the Intimate hotel for a "Pool Bar". Otherwise try any of the Soi 10 hotels, The Stay hotel is probably the best of the bunch but all are similar. All are mid to high end hotels.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

I was there for 10 days last year. Overall I was not too impressed and I don't intent to return.

Yes location is OK but not amazing - its still a 10 walk to walking street. The room was ok -  i did not like the decoration as it was very gaudy. The balcony was useless due to a huge aircon unit (rear facing room). Also the balcony was dirty and never cleaned, covered in bird excrement, even after I complained. I thought the pool was fine but nothing special - it was quiet when I was there.

A quick tip on location as this is your first visit - Walking Street is not the focal point of everything Pattaya has to offer. Yes Walking street is great for Agogo's and night clubs. But after a couple of nights it does get boring. Lots of fun can be had in some of the other bars for example Soi 7 & Soi 8, and along beach road. Therefore it can be better to select a more central hotel so you are a short walk to everything.

If you have a bit more money to spend, the Marriott is a far superior hotel nearby. Also look at the Intimate hotel for a "Pool Bar". Otherwise try any of the Soi 10 hotels, The Stay hotel is probably the best of the bunch but all are similar. All are mid to high end hotels.

+1

Stayed there couple of days mid of last year.

Got a bit noisy in room when I stayed there (cleaning stuff in hallway, kids playing in the pool, neighbor guests).

The day I left the electricity in my room got several times disrupted.

Maybe bad luck in my case, just expected more based on quite a lot of positive reviews.

Thanks all for the feedback. Decisions, decisions. I think i've narrowed down to either Empress, Page 10, or Areca. Although I may look a bit more closely at the soi 8 places, as well.

I stayed in the Empress a few weeks ago and I am currently in the Areca.  The Empress rooms are bigger and 'over filled' with elaborate furniture.  The pool is quite small and as mentioned does not have a bar.

Areca has 3 different buildings and rooms vary but are generally ok.  One big plus for Areca is the pools (there are two) which are relatively big and always seem to have space around them. Areca is also nearer Soi LK Metro whereas Empress is probably in the middle between Soi 6, Walking Street and Soi LK Metro.

My preference from these two is Areca, I have not stayed in Page 10.

Thanks all for the feedback. Decisions, decisions. I think i've narrowed down to either Empress, Page 10, or Areca. Although I may look a bit more closely at the soi 8 places, as well.

I've stayed in all three.

My preference is would be Area, the Evergreen Wing (marketed as a Super Deluxe room) . The hotel has by far the best facilities of the three. A large room, but the bathroom is the only letdown in my opinion with the combi bath / shower.

Page 10 is fine also. I have not stayed there recently but was on my last visit the rooms were beginning to show wear. I do like the modern "chic" vibe of the hotel.

As this is your first trip, I would recommend any of the Soi10 hotels, just because it's so easy to travel anywhere.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

I've stayed in all three.

My preference is would be Area, the Evergreen Wing (marketed as a Super Deluxe room) . The hotel has by far the best facilities of the three. A large room, but the bathroom is the only letdown in my opinion with the combi bath / shower.

Page 10 is fine also. I have not stayed there recently but was on my last visit the rooms were beginning to show wear. I do like the modern "chic" vibe of the hotel.

These have been my 2 go-to hotels of the past few years. I really want a decent bathroom and modern layout, so Page 10 was leading there, but Areca's pools are superb, and you can sneak in/out the back of the Evergreen area to be the 7-11 or McDs.

Ultimately, to me they're the best because of great location to the action and quiet when you need it (@Page 10, get a top floor in the back... )

Sent using the shitty Tapatalk app.

• 2 months later...

I have stayed in the beachfront room. IMHO, it has wonder sea view but with some cheap furniture which painted in gold color. The noise from the street wake me up everyday at around 8. I don't think I will come back to stay there again.

it is immaculate, good staff, excellent cleaning service, good aircon, comfortable beds i love the place

Stayed there twice and going back there again next time,location,separate shower,good wifi,decent bed all matter more to me than the pool.Brekkie is not bad with a separate egg station

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to stay there for 16 nights in Nov and chose it over 247 Boutique a d August Suites, hope it's good!!

Does anyone know a decent laundry place close to LK Empress? I'm sure the hotel laundry service will be very expensive

Forgotten the name of the street it's on, but just walk out of the 7/11 entrance that is attached to the hotel, turn left and about halfway down on your left side is a laundry, one day service good price.

Yes location is OK but not amazing - its still a 10 walk to walking street. The room was ok -  i did not like the decoration as it was very gaudy. The balcony was useless due to a huge aircon unit (rear facing room). Also the balcony was dirty and never cleaned, covered in bird excrement, even after I complained. I thought the pool was fine but nothing special - it was quiet when I was there.

A quick tip on location as this is your first visit - Walking Street is not the focal point of everything Pattaya has to offer. Yes Walking street is great for Agogo's and night clubs. But after a couple of nights it does get boring. Lots of fun can be had in some of the other bars for example Soi 7 & Soi 8, and along beach road. Therefore it can be better to select a more central hotel so you are a short walk to everything.

Is the stay better than Intimate?

Have stayed there the last 3 trips to Pattaya.

Love the place. Only negative is last trip the water temperature in shower was very on and off. Around 7.30pm every night when i was having my shower hot water was difficult to get.

Back in another month, and considering this place or another,

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there a few years ago. I had a Beach Road room and the view was great. You could watch the jet ski guys across the street run their scam on the unsuspecting. But I have not returned; it was a bit gaudy for my taste.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 2 weeks later...

Too expensive for what it is

I stayed there,,,liked to sit out front,and watch the girls walk by,,,

Tigers 2017 premiers 

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed in empress during April this year . Was very happy overall with my stay breakfast was good. Stayed in a jacuzzi room which was pleasant only downside that the balcony was tiny

Good hotel.

Better than the other hotels in your above list.

Stayed there a few times & loved it.

Can be expensive a certain periods of the year, what did it cost you per night ???

Enjoy.

Archived