Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Your experience with arthritis.

wengweng

I am 43 and noticed over the last few years more aches and pains in various joints, and more recently its been in my hands, forearms and elbows. It is usually after work in the kitchen, restaurant were I spend the evening scrubbing away with a wire brush on  heavy metal skillets for sizzlers. I am also rather  fat and want to lose some weight for my next trip in July to Patters, there is a local gym that has early morning circuit training class I may go. I found that the pains in my joints  remind me of when I used to do Thai boxing training years ago, when after doing a heavy class I would feel muscular aches all over .

However I feel these pains now in the morning even if I haven't done any exercise the day before, so do are you going through similar  experiences with joint pains, and what works for you to relieve the pain?  :GoldenSmile1:

43 is a tad young for getting like this, overwieght will play a major part on the aches in joints, change of diet? and check your blood sugar.. light training and walking more, swiming has to be top of the list, hope you enjoy your next visit, with less discomfort.

May be down to good old fashioned hard work,then theres the ageing process,not that 43 is old.As for the gym why not,it`ll probably do you good if you want to lose a few pounds,as tweeds says weight can cause aches and pains.Exercise and not eating between meals is the best way to start,not at all saying you do but its one of the major reasons why people gain weight.

I'm about 5 years younger and the joints are just holding up.

I already do yoga and this defiantly helps slow the aging process, and can help with weight loss.

About to start on the fish oils and joint formulas to give the old bones some new life.

Joint and cartilage maintenance and repair, MSM, Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate. MSM is said to have effective anti-inflammatory properties, as well as assist cartridge repair, glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin can help build and maintain healthy joints.

Intake of the fish oil omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA is inversely related to fatal coronary heart disease, blood pressure (especially in older, hypertensive patients) and triglycerides. Some research has also shown that EPA and DHA may decrease the symptoms associated with depression and certain inflammatory diseases in addition to enhancing joint mobility.

Mate we all think we can work as hard as we did in our 20s I do even now at 51.. But the older you get the more aches and pains you will feel. The weight cant help like someone just mentioned but if you're using the same muscles day in day out things will give to a point. But I agree that you're a little young to be feeling this way

All the best

High reps with low weights, avoid jogging, try a cross trainer instead. while swimming is not going to bother the joints like some exercises, I found I never lost any weight doing it (good for lung expansion, helps breathing, so good for increasing stamina) and I used to swim a mile a day before work 3 or 4 times a week. Most supplements are bogus, Yoga is good in that it forces you to use more secondary muscles.

I ache for the first few minutes every morning, going down stairs. As for work, nowadays late 40's, I find that after even a moderate day of crouching and going up and down ladders painting, let alone heavier work on a site l feel feel like shit and stiff and sore by the time I get home.

Whilst working I find it is when I stop for a break that I have issues, stiffening up especially, so tend not to stop until I've finished doing what is required, always warm up slowly and steadily and stay hydrated if at all possible, weight loss can be hard as after a hard days work you seldom are up for it, try getting in a 20 minute pre-breakfast moderate aerobic workout before heading off to work, it helps.

I am 43 and noticed over the last few years more aches and pains in various joints, and more recently its been in my hands, forearms and elbows. It is usually after work in the kitchen, restaurant were I spend the evening scrubbing away with a wire brush on  heavy metal skillets for sizzlers. I am also rather  fat and want to lose some weight for my next trip in July to Patters, there is a local gym that has early morning circuit training class I may go. I found that the pains in my joints  remind me of when I used to do Thai boxing training years ago, when after doing a heavy class I would feel muscular aches all over .

However I feel these pains now in the morning even if I haven't done any exercise the day before, so do are you going through similar  experiences with joint pains, and what works for you to relieve the pain?  :GoldenSmile1:

yep been there done that .. doing it again after some weight gain again after xmas but following a juicing plan helps me. 

There is really 3 great documentary movies you should watch and following a similar plan will help cure the aches and pains and you jumping around like a 25 year old again.  Will also cure many other ailments. and put plenty of lead in your pencil for your next trip to pattaya  :GoldenSmile1:

"Fat , Sick and Nearly Dead"   http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/watch-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead/

SuperJuice me   http://www.superjuiceme.com/

Are free on the internet and have website info about the plans they used.  

if your in the UK super juice me will be the easiest to follow

But watch the movies first see if its for you .. you dont need to go full on like they do with the plan but you get the idea and how easily and quickly you can turn your health around

and another one bit different but still the same sort of idea but more in depth about a guys personal transformation from a fat depressed addict  to bring vitality back into his life and curing the blues and restarting his life again. 

"May I be frank "  http://mayibefrankmovie.com/

you can get a 10 trial here to watch it  https://fmtv.com/plusa load of other good stuff but might be a bit of over load LOL 

The top two I definitely recommend first  and if you have time Franks film. 

Good luck 

PM me if you need any help or recommended sites and books for further information after you have watched the films

Hi wengweng,  I feel for you mate.  I'm 48 with the beginings of arthritis in my thumb joints.  Docs can't give any explanation and no family history. I find regular light exercises do help.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

It may be arthritis, despite your age.

I was younger than 43 when I had a scan due to a ruptured disc. Neurosurgeon said he wouldn't operate as the scan also showed significant arthritis in the spine.

Not much to do. Supplements seem to be of some help. I take glucosamine.

Also means I take painkillers regularly.

Weather definitely has an effect as well. Better when warm and dry than when cold and wet.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

My Doc prescribed  Voltarol Retard (100 mg). Take one before bedtime. They are slow release and help with stiifness in the morning.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Same age as you wengweng.  Had gout in my right big toe that has developed into arthritis.  Gets more painful during the colder times of the year.  When it is at its worst I take anti-inflammatory tablets.  They are not good to have constantly though, eat away at your stomach lining.

Best you can do is have a healthy diet and try and stay fit.  Easier said than done.  I'm lucky in that my job requires me to run on average 25km a day.  I don't get fat regardless of what I eat.  But when my arthritis is active it makes running a very painful business.

Sucks getting older.  You gain more wisdom in exchange for a failing body.

Thanks  for the info T-T-T, and I will certainly look into what you have shared . CHEERS WENG WENG. :ThumbUp6:  :Cheers9:  

As some have mentioned often arthritis can actually be gout, I suffered with gout for a few years but a change in diet and drinking habits which has had a radical change, exercise is also essential, I still get aches but within 24 hours in LOS it all disappears.

I have it bad, really hurts sometimes but try a no carbs diet for a week, your pains will disapear

SUGAR IS DEATH  but I love it........

I have suffered from severe osteoarthritis in both knees but have significantly better movement without pain, some limits on flexibility since  total knee replacements on both legs so I hope I have some experience to offer some information on this matter to the OP.

I have also previously suffered from gout in the big toe and I doubt that you would confuse gout with arthritis but each to our own I suppose. Thankfully there are some good drugs such as Zyloprim taken daily to suppress the gout condition. If it does arise Indocid works wonders and has been around for years but as one other member said it can be damaging to the stomach lining, not that excessive piss(alcohol) could possibly cause that too (damage the stomach lining).

I also took the various supplements mentioned previously but really think replacement was the best option. I think my situation was also degenerative. One party mentioned pain walking down stairs which is a symptom I believe is associated with the degeneration in the knees, better established by x-rays.

I was a 'shiny arse' in most of my career (office type work) so have avoided some other issues other board members might have from repetitive manual labour type work.

I'm about 5 years younger and the joints are just holding up.

I already do yoga and this defiantly helps slow the aging process, and can help with weight loss.

About to start on the fish oils and joint formulas to give the old bones some new life.

Joint and cartilage maintenance and repair, MSM, Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate. MSM is said to have effective anti-inflammatory properties, as well as assist cartridge repair, glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin can help build and maintain healthy joints.

Intake of the fish oil omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA is inversely related to fatal coronary heart disease, blood pressure (especially in older, hypertensive patients) and triglycerides. Some research has also shown that EPA and DHA may decrease the symptoms associated with depression and certain inflammatory diseases in addition to enhancing joint mobility.

I was diagnosed with arthritis in the shoulder back in 2009. I was told to stop weight training. I got fat and became unfit. I did some research and started taking the supplements listed above. I'm back in the gym, lifting heavy (for me) and not suffering any pain. I am 53. I'm not quite sure what's going on but something seems to be working.

I was really bad off for a while, took lots of medicine,  and had to stop with the weights and push-ups.   got a little better with diet, supplements and kicked way back on sugar,  now 95% pain free and taking no drugs

ride my bicycle a lot which keeps the blood moving, which helps a lot

I was really bad off for a while, took lots of medicine,  and had to stop with the weights and push-ups.   got a little better with diet, supplements and kicked way back on sugar,  now 95% pain free and taking no drugs

ride my bicycle a lot which keeps the blood moving, which helps a lot

Talking of riding a bicycle, I was thinking of joining a local spinning class to help me with the weight loss, plus I suffer with planter fasciitis in the legs. That means no high impact, that I used to get when I did running or skipping. Anyone who is not familiar with "spinning" its  were you ride a stationary bike, and it has a valve in the middle of the frame. You turn the valve and it simulates going up hill, usually you are training  with a group lead by a rather sexy instructor, and to the sound of thumping dance music. :D  :D  :D   

• 3 months later...

I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in my shoulders in 2009. I did a bit of research and took the recommended supplements - glucosamine, chroidiitin and cod liver oil. I'm 53 now and in my opinion it hasn't got any worse. That to my mind is quite an achievement as it's supposed to get worse. My range of movement is a bit limited but it's nothing I can't live with.

You'll need an MRI scan to know for sure if you've got it. Ask your GP to refer you.

What dates are you in Pattaya for wengweng? I get there at the end of July.

I just realised that this is the second time I responded to this post, the first being back in February. The memory must be going. 

I have arthritis in my knees, causing a lot of stiffness at times and some pain when climbing stairs.

I read an article about how vegetables called 'nightshade vegetables' (which include tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, etc) can increase arthritic pain and inflammation for those who are sensitive to them. I cut those veggies out and was surprised to find that I soon felt a lot better.

I can still feel my arthritis, but far fewer issues with stair climbing etc. I continue to do a lot of cardio machines at the gym (elliptical, stationary bike) but no running or high impact stuff.

I have suffered from severe osteoarthritis in both knees but have significantly better movement without pain, some limits on flexibility since  total knee replacements on both legs so I hope I have some experience to offer some information on this matter to the OP.

I have also previously suffered from gout in the big toe and I doubt that you would confuse gout with arthritis but each to our own I suppose.

Yeah, there is a difference between gout and arthritis.  What happened in my case if from having the gout I wore down the cartilage in the joint to the point were it developed into rheumatoid arthritis.  When you have goat a blood test will show high uric acid levels.  When last tested my uric acid levels were normal but swelling in my foot was the worst it had ever been.  It is good that you have obtained a certain amount of control over your osteoarthritis.  I was watching a show about it the other day and they were saying to sooner you start to treat it the better the longer term outcome will be.

I think the lesson here for younger people is to look after your body and if problems develop seek the best solution early before things get worse.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER.Mods can delete this if they feel it necessary,but I think this post is extremely important info for all involved.

I am due to have back surgery on July 7th here.Have been through MRI's and Cat scans.

Dr is a South African dude that knows his shit,and he figures he can get it 60-70% better.

I stopped playing golf 3 years ago,as I thought it was the cause of the issue,but it's not.

Just years of getting knocked around with little maininence.I'm 45 and in pretty decent shape right now.220lbs.

About 6 weeks ago I was playing cards with friends and we got talking about my surgery,when a friend of mine gave me some medicinal marijuana.

Now I don't smoke dope,I have previously but didn't like it so never thought much about it after that.

"But you don't smoke this,it's in jelly form.Like a gummy bear".

He gave me some of his,which he has a prescription for as its legal here.

I thought I would give it a go,as I am open to anything really.

Understand,I am not a drug guy.Hate opiates,even after the many surgeries I've had.So,for me to try it was a big deal.

I was due to play golf with friends so I thought I would take some an hour before tee off.

He had said how much to take,but I think I misunderstood and took a little too much.Couple with half dozen ciders on the course,I was fucked up.lololol.Happy as shit and played great and dint give a flying rats ass about where the ball was going.

But amazingly,my back pain was gone and didn't return for a couple of days.Hmm,interesting.

So I tried some more the next time and got the dose just right.My back pain was gone,I wasn't fucked up,played really well and had a great day.

I now take it almost every day.And the amount that I take is about 1/4 to 1/5th the size of a Tylenol.

It literally is a tiny little sliver that I have to cut with a sharp knife.

I played yesterday and walked a tough course and had my best round in 5 years.Pain free and with no worry about pain at impact,I could swing as hard as I could 10 years ago.

I am at my GP next Tuesday for a prescription.

I went to a legal dispensary,and talked to a guy there.

Told him I had lower back pain and is there something I could take that doesn't make me fucked up.

There are a multitude of different products specifically designed and grown for pain,without high levels of THC.

So I am going to try some more.

I was then talking to another friend of mine who's wife has MS,she is in a wheelchair.

He goes to the dispensary and gets medical butter.

It has no THC but still has the appetite benefits of weed.

His wife uses it to cook,and it increases her appetite.It has literally changed their lives.

I am a sceptical person usually,but this has me convinced that Medical Marijuana is a legitimate alternative.

Here is a pic of my product.It is apple flavored,and I literally take some that is the size of a grain of rice.

$25 per packet has lasted me almost 2 months.

If I was the OP and it was legal where he is,I would absolutely advise him to look into Medical Marijuna,in whatever form works for him.

Cheers

Skalli.

Edit.I do have early stages of Arthritis in my back,but it's not the main problem.

image.jpeg

I don't think it is legal Skalli, but I am certainly no expert on the drug laws of England, but I will look into this. I am currently on Tramadol, but to be honest its not really that good. However later this month I am going to the doctors to get a cortisone injection in both my arms, and hopefully that will help.

Archived