IGNORED

Isaan income streams

OP, how much land are you talking about? 

My Thai girl's parents have 100 rai of land that they rent out to rice farmers and such,  they get paid once or twice a year when the harvest goes to market so it isn't a monthly income type thing.

My Tg's father kept a a chunk or rai for himself to raise chickens, pigs, a pond with fish fruits and veggies, not enough to generate income but enough to live off of on a daily basis.  It's hard work, but he's happy.

Well he would be happy if he owned 100 Rai

Up in Issan he would be considered fairly wealthy

OP, how much land are you talking about? 

My Thai girl's parents have 100 rai of land that they rent out to rice farmers and such,  they get paid once or twice a year when the harvest goes to market so it isn't a monthly income type thing.

My Tg's father kept a a chunk or rai for himself to raise chickens, pigs, a pond with fish fruits and veggies, not enough to generate income but enough to live off of on a daily basis.  It's hard work, but he's happy.

I don't know how much land exactly, been trying to find out. However have enough problems of my own in the states to worry too much about Isaan. Subsistence seems to be the goal. Complete different mindset to a falang. Can't really see anything really paying. I am going to let things go quiet.

Well he would be happy if he owned 100 Rai

Up in Issan he would be considered fairly wealthy

True but if you can't make it pay what is the point?

I don't know how much land exactly, been trying to find out. However have enough problems of my own in the states to worry too much about Isaan. Subsistence seems to be the goal. Complete different mindset to a falang. Can't really see anything really paying. I am going to let things go quiet.

Seems to me after reading the thread you where as you said interested in slowing the bleeding originally for you thought on sponsoring the farm and her so called boredom.. I find that a lot of times people or in love with the idea of having a business but rarely put in the hardworking and dedication to make it work and survive.. you mentioned the house is a wreck etc.. why are these people so bored when it sounds like there's plenty to do around the place and by doing the work themselves it gives pride in ownership,saves money from have to higher out etc. Etc... my guess is she's bored becomes she's a bit lazy as a lot of people are and just in love with the idea of something to do.. before you create any new business ventures and having even more to sponsor and deal with I suggest you focus on the things you already have and get commitments and effort meaning work done around the house etc...

My girlfriend to from Isaan always has great ideas , so she thinks and isn't always lazy but then again I still haven't invested in any of them..

I'm a big believer before I get involved in new things of... dont just dream and talk, you show me what you can do and I'll show you what I can do.. Goodluck to the op

Seems to me after reading the thread you where as you said interested in slowing the bleeding originally for you thought on sponsoring the farm and her so called boredom.. I find that a lot of times people or in love with the idea of having a business but rarely put in the hardworking and dedication to make it work and survive.. you mentioned the house is a wreck etc.. why are these people so bored when it sounds like there's plenty to do around the place and by doing the work themselves it gives pride in ownership,saves money from have to higher out etc. Etc... my guess is she's bored becomes she's a bit lazy as a lot of people are and just in love with the idea of something to do.. before you create any new business ventures and having even more to sponsor and deal with I suggest you focus on the things you already have and get commitments and effort meaning work done around the house etc...

My girlfriend to from Isaan always has great ideas , so she thinks and isn't always lazy but then again I still haven't invested in any of them..

I'm a big believer before I get involved in new things of... dont just dream and talk, you show me what you can do and I'll show you what I can do.. Goodluck to the op

There is much truth in what you say. I know I work the piss out of my business in America. The house is a wreck in a good sense. Jungle was cleared to put it there and my girl was up to her eyes in it as were her whole family. I have seen her work and she is quite capable of it. The house was built on the cheap with a drunken local who my gf's father is furious at because of the work he did. A lot needs doing and it isn't pick and hoe stuff. She is involved as money allows. Project after project each needing money. Plus furniture etc.

It will get there, first beds to get them off those pads on the floor. As for a business, well I don't think so.

Archived