IGNORED

What time of year is the "low" time for air fares to BKK?

speedtoy

Leaving US West Coast.

I would prefer United, as I have miles to spend..

Right now, im looking at August or September travel.  I could move that up a month to July/August if it is felt that airfare tends to have better deals in that time.

IYKYK

It depends.  :Dunno:  So many factors go into flight pricing (and airline algorithms raise and lower prices based on such along with supply & demand) that it's not worth worrying about.

Pick a flight that you feel fine with purchasing and live with it.

Skyscanner is saying the cheapest flights on offer right now are in March through May ($525) and in June through the rest of the year are $626.

Of course, that could be on a cheap Chinese airline using an older plane and making you transfer once or twice and maybe with a long layover, arriving at 2 AM in BKK.

Just book an itinerary where the various trade offs (price, stops, departure/arrival time, comfort of seating, etc) are best for you.   :ThumbUp6:

I cannot help as I am in the UK other than saying download the Thai holiday calendar which helps with when peak flight prices may occur, also holiday periods in your country, I have noticed from the UK bank holidays and school holiday periods can double flight prices

use skyscanner.net  on dates you can select whole month in that you can select chart tab  so you can look at each month for costs on a bar chart ..... from there you can work out not only what is the cheapest months but also the cheapest days to fly in that month. 

Hope that helps 

eg used it to check flights for leave august  return september   from LA

cheapest showing at the moment is £468 not sure what that is in dollars using United via Tokyo

have a play around  its a great tool

Leaving US West Coast.

I would prefer United, as I have miles to spend..

Right now, im looking at August or September travel.  I could move that up a month to July/August if it is felt that airfare tends to have better deals in that time.

As said it depends on many factors, but in the timeframe you indicate shortly after labor day may be a good target time.

Pick the date YOU want, set up a price alert in skyscanner or momondo, and grab the fare you are comfortable with. Pretty easy

One thing blokes don't consider when buying a ticket, is the return leg.... is it a holiday period on your return?  Sure it may be low season at your destination, but when you return home there may well be something going on.... a Grand Prix, a long weekend, school holiday etc... and they will force ticket prices up

Archived