Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prices up at Cherry’s Restaurant

bar stool

If you're not happy with the quality of services offered, don't patronize.

If you like the buffet at Cherry's, go.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Businesses make their own decisions, and target their desired demographic, and are neither bound, nor regulated, to keep increases within inflation boundaries. I was being facicious as this is another price-bitching thread over peanuts. Unless you're in a horrible, or pathetic, financial situation, 51 baht is insignificant.

Personally, I stopped going in 2013 because of 1) the buffet quality, and 2) our Saturday night group of ~ten people ended.

Facetious?

Not necessarily.

Sometimes price increases = better quality customers

It often depends upon the demographic a business is targeting, and which demographic they trying to discourage.

Whether it's hotels, gogo's, prices of drinks/lady drinks, freelancers, etc., as more and more elite young working professionals start to choose Pattaya as a tourist/vacation destination, expect to see more and more frustration, and price-bitching posts, on PA.

Price-bitching posts will not defy economics, and it is no one's place to tell a business owner how to run their business. As mentioned above, if you don't like it, simply don't patronize. Each and every individual can decide for themselves, independently, what choices they make.

Are you an “elite young working professional”?

I like C's, but of recent times the quality and presentation of the food has diminished. I put it down to it's popularity and I now try to arrive early before the hordes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually arrived after 8 p.m. and then, indeed, their buffet is not too appealing.

399 Baht; Under $15

450 Baht; Still under $15

499 Baht; Still under $15

550 Baht; Still under $15

:rolleyes:  :LMFO:  :LMFO:  :LMFO:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

No you're not, you're being patronising associating a lack of tipping with a persons worth, hence the cheapscape (sic) pejorative.  It's a typically US custom that many in the developed world find either repugnant at one end to of the scale, to mystifying at the other.  Do I top ? No, because I find the need to do so bewildering.  Do you tip the IRS when you do your tax return you cheapscape (sic) ? 

One could argue the need to tip is enshrined in a 'culture of cheapskates' that pay staff a ridiculously low amount in positions they consider menial. Many countries in the rest of the world don't consider these jobs nor people menial and pay them a reasonable or decent wage from the get go.  At minimum we don't normally refer to people with a different cultural bias as cheapscape (sic) in order to deliberately incite them.

If yer gonna correct someone's spelling ya really oughta check yer own first.

I forgive you for the "s" in patronising though (even though Google spellcheck doesn't "like" it :D ).

Anywho, I believe Aussies don't tip, correct ? At least that's how I recall it being the 2 times i was there. Waitpersons specifically.

I was told that, e.g. a waiter/waitress doesn't (typically) get tipped because they are paid a livable (fair ?) wage.

As you allude to yourself, this is UNLIKE waitstaff in the States. They often get paid LESS THAN minimum wage. They make a living BASED mainly on their tips. Same with many service type occupations like taxi drivers, doormen, etc. So, people TIP them,,,,,,,,,,  :GiveBeer1:

Now if you want to discuss the (National ?) economics/policies/practices of paying these types of occupations less rather than more, as in other countries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't help you there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :Sorry2:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

If yer gonna correct someone's spelling ya really oughta check yer own first.

I forgive you for the "s" in patronising though (even though Google spellcheck doesn't "like" it :D ).

Anywho, I believe Aussies don't tip, correct ? At least that's how I recall it being the 2 times i was there. Waitpersons specifically.

I was told that, e.g. a waiter/waitress doesn't (typically) get tipped because they are paid a livable (fair ?) wage.

As you allude to yourself, this is UNLIKE waitstaff in the States. They often get paid LESS THAN minimum wage. They make a living BASED mainly on their tips. Same with many service type occupations like taxi drivers, doormen, etc. So, people TIP them,,,,,,,,,,  :GiveBeer1:

Now if you want to discuss the (National ?) economics/policies/practices of paying these types of occupations less rather than more, as in other countries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't help you there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :Sorry2:

I think “patronizing” with a “z” is American (“Webster”) spelling.

I went there10 days in a row, last time i was in town... best steaks i ever had in Thailand.

hulter

Tipping varies around the world. Personally, I elect to tip in Thailand because their pay is so low, irrespective of who's responsible.

Why don't you pay for all the sick buffalos and mother's medical bills then? What a stupid thing to say. Would you still come if wages and prices are same as usa? Their pay is low coz their standard of living is low. Why not upgrade all the villages and buy them each a condo on Beach Road then? And then employ them in your company with high pay? Dumbass.......

Please remember to like and subscribe.

It apparent that you don't understand the difference between tipping vs. philanthropic/charitable donations, don't like to tip, or perhaps both.  And you're calling me a dumbass; you and the moron who inquired as to whether I tip the IRS upon filing a tax return.

And yes, the standard of living is low, hence, tipping is low in proportion.

Unfortunately it tippers like you that makes EVERYONE in the Pattaya tourist industry to stick out a hand to ask for tips regardless of the bad service or worse without even the services rendered yet.

They are thinking - Why should I work so hard , the dumbass is gonna tip me anyway!

Do you honestly think that the business would shut down just because people don't tip? Businesses are not stupid , they pay market-rate.

Or the worker will stay if the pay was really that low? They are not stupid either , they would easily walk into another job if they don't like the pay.

We are not talking about a country with massive unemployment here!

You amateur economists are always looking to point fingers and blame others for market-based pricing, whether it's the girls at Insomnia, freelancers, or just about anything.  

There's been multiple threads all over this forum regarding appropriate tipping amounts for virtually every venue, so please take your arrogance over to the tipping threads, and let other decide if they want to take the time to clarify your ignorance.

Edit:

I just realized that mmmaarrkk is the ignorant, financially-challenged BM who not only thinks that one million baht is a lot of money, but actually thinks it's a reasonable sum to retire on - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/290737-what-can-a-million-baht-do/#entry3521113 .  If you think one-million baht is a large sum of money, with respect to net Liquid worth upon retirement, I can see why you're so intense about such negligible amounts of money, such as a 20-baht tip.

Never went to Cherry to eat.  I stick to most of the local food.  Tipping is up to the man with the money.

You amateur economists are always looking to point fingers and blame others for market-based pricing, whether it's the girls at Insomnia, freelancers, or just about anything.  

There's been multiple threads all over this forum regarding appropriate tipping amounts for virtually every venue, so please take your arrogance over to the tipping threads, and let other decide if they want to take the time to clarify your ignorance.

Edit:

I just realized that mmmaarrkk is the ignorant, financially-challenged BM who not only thinks that one million baht is a lot of money, but actually thinks it's a reasonable sum to retire on - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/290737-what-can-a-million-baht-do/#entry3521113 .  If you think one-million baht is a large sum of money, with respect to net liquid worth upon retirement, I can see why you're so intense about such negligible amounts of money, such as a 20-baht tip.

I see someone is fascinated with me and is stalking me!

Thanks , you're my first crazy stalker , Professor Dumbass.

Evidently, you're ignorant upon the topic of stalking as well.

ok you win

• 3 years later...

Archived