IGNORED

Prices up at Cherry’s Restaurant

bar stool

At Cherry’s Restaurant (Third Road and Soi 18/1) the price of the buffet on Wednesdays and Saturdays has been increased from 399 to 450 baht.
That buffet is not too bad, but the new price is a bit over the top.
Also the other prices at
Cherry’s Restaurant have gone up.
http://cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/specials.php?l=default&n=2&s=2

How dare they raise their prices, within the margin of inflation, over the period of a few years!

Not according to the official statistics.  Don't you know we are in a deflationary period and all prices are falling?  At least that is what the mainstream media says.

Prices up=less customers :SoWhat1:

Cherry had a price increase last year too I think.  I remember going a couple years ago then noticing that the quality had since gone down and I quite frankly stopeed going.  I hope the quality has increased with the price. :GoldenSmile1:

Cherry had a price increase last year too I think.  I remember going a couple years ago then noticing that the quality had since gone down and I quite frankly stopeed going.  I hope the quality has increased with the price. :GoldenSmile1:

To be honest, also my impression that the quality has been going down.

But perhaps I have been going there too often in recent times.

If you're not happy with the quality of services offered, don't patronize.

If you like the buffet at Cherry's, go.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Businesses make their own decisions, and target their desired demographic, and are neither bound, nor regulated, to keep increases within inflation boundaries. I was being facicious as this is another price-bitching thread over peanuts. Unless you're in a horrible, or pathetic, financial situation, 51 baht is insignificant.

Personally, I stopped going in 2013 because of 1) the buffet quality, and 2) our Saturday night group of ~ten people ended.

Prices up=less customers :SoWhat1:

Not necessarily.

Sometimes price increases = better quality customers

It often depends upon the demographic a business is targeting, and which demographic they trying to discourage.

Whether it's hotels, gogo's, prices of drinks/lady drinks, freelancers, etc., as more and more elite young working professionals start to choose Pattaya as a tourist/vacation destination, expect to see more and more frustration, and price-bitching posts, on PA.

Price-bitching posts will not defy economics, and it is no one's place to tell a business owner how to run their business. As mentioned above, if you don't like it, simply don't patronize. Each and every individual can decide for themselves, independently, what choices they make.

Not according to the official statistics. Don't you know we are in a deflationary period and all prices are falling? At least that is what the mainstream media says.

These are just that, statistical averages. An aggregate of all goods and services, some higher, some lower. The data dictates the composite average, not the other way around.

Businesses in Pattaya may vary by demand, costs, local economy, and many other factors.

399 Baht; Under $15

450 Baht; Still under $15

51 Baht; a difference of $1.42

499 Baht; Still under $15

550 Baht; Still under $15

Curious, do you guys ever even tip? If so,how much?

Curious, do you compare everything with America ?

...snip...

51 Baht; a difference of $1.42

...snip...

I can get a delicious Thai meal for 51 baht.

I tip in the manner that people tip in Thailand.

Is this a farang owned place?

I'm not a fan of farang restaurants, always trying to charge farang prices but we are in Thailand not US.

Tipping is another issue, why don't owners just pay their staff a decent wage rather than making the customers responsible.

Curious, do you compare everything with America ?

I'm not comparing with America.

I'm comparing with cheapscapes.

I tip in the manner that people tip in Thailand.

I generally tip at least 10% for food service.

Housekeeping, 40 baht per day.

Drinks 10-20 baht, maybe more with lady drinks, Insomnia staff, etc.

I'm not comparing with America.

I'm comparing with cheapscapes.

No you're not, you're being patronising associating a lack of tipping with a persons worth, hence the cheapscape (sic) pejorative.  It's a typically US custom that many in the developed world find either repugnant at one end to of the scale, to mystifying at the other.  Do I top ? No, because I find the need to do so bewildering.  Do you tip the IRS when you do your tax return you cheapscape (sic) ? 

One could argue the need to tip is enshrined in a 'culture of cheapskates' that pay staff a ridiculously low amount in positions they consider menial. Many countries in the rest of the world don't consider these jobs nor people menial and pay them a reasonable or decent wage from the get go.  At minimum we don't normally refer to people with a different cultural bias as cheapscape (sic) in order to deliberately incite them.

Tipping varies around the world. Personally, I elect to tip in Thailand because their pay is so low, irrespective of who's responsible.

In summary, this is simply another price-bitching thread, and price-bitching does not defy economics.

These are just that, statistical averages. An aggregate of all goods and services, some higher, some lower. The data dictates the composite average, not the other way around.

Businesses in Pattaya may vary by demand, costs, local economy, and many other factors.

"Figures don't lie but liars figure".  Very appropriate saying regarding the b.s. game going on with inflation statistics.

Not according to the official statistics.  Don't you know we are in a deflationary period and all prices are falling?  At least that is what the mainstream media says.

HA!.. try that on a TG next time you nego rates...

A few years ago for a short while Cherries did a seafood buffet one night a week (Monday, I think it was). It was excellent and I was lucky enough to go a few times before they discontinued it.

If they brought that back I would go every week. Their regular buffet is less appealing though not bad.

I like C's, but of recent times the quality and presentation of the food has diminished. I put it down to it's popularity and I now try to arrive early before the hordes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

At Cherry’s Restaurant (Third Road and Soi 18/1) the price of the buffet on Wednesdays and Saturdays has been increased from 399 to 450 baht.

That buffet is not too bad, but the new price is a bit over the top.

Also the other prices at Cherry’s Restaurant have gone up.

http://cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/specials.php?l=default&n=2&s=2

For that price you can get a good meal for two at a good restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a farang owned place?

I'm not a fan of farang restaurants, always trying to charge farang prices but we are in Thailand not US.

Tipping is another issue, why don't owners just pay their staff a decent wage rather than making the customers responsible.

Thai owned.

Archived