Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mountain bike riding pattaya

juice777

I have hired a mountain bike for a couple of days and I need some advice where is the best place to go, I went for a walk once a while back a place with a big lake and there was Pepole riding mountain bikes there, but I am not sure the name of it can some one tell me the name please, also if there is anywere else in or close to pattaya what would be a good pace to go thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That sounds like it is Mabprachan Lake.

Link to map showing lake

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

That sounds like it is Mabprachan Lake.

Link to map showing lake

Yes that is the place, I looked on Google image's but the Link you sent me takes me to a hotel with the same name, and I can't find it on Google maps, dose it have another day something country club?

Thanks

Yes that is the place, I looked on Google image's but the Link you sent me takes me to a hotel with the same name, and I can't find it on Google maps, dose it have another day something country club?

Thanks

It's odd that the link doesn't work for you. It is below (if it doesn't fit on your screen click it). To get to it you need to take Soi Siam Country Club.

lake.JPG

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

It's odd that the link doesn't work for you. It is below (if it doesn't fit on your screen click it). To get to it you need to take Soi Siam Country Club.

attachicon.giflake.JPG

Thanks a lot

Here is something posted by forcebwithu here.

Here's a short article with map on the MTB trails on the western edge of Mabprachan.

New MTB Trail near Pattaya – Map Prachan Reservoir

The Pattaya Bicycle Association, with assistance from Bikeservice Pattaya, have completed work on a new venue for mountain bike riders. The new trail is located at the Map Prachan Reservoir, a short drive east from Pattaya beach.

The nearly 10 kilometer trail traverses the western edge of the Map Prachan Reservoir area.

MTB-Trail-at-Map-Prachan-Reservoir-near-

I use the app, B.iCycle to map my route and provide all sorts of info

Here is something posted by forcewithu here.

I definitely doing that tomorrow thanks a lot

I wonder if it has a gps route on there site

Here is something posted by forcewithu here.

I will have a look thanks dose it work with gpx files and do you have any links for trails in pattaya with gpx files, I use alpine quest, you have to Pay for it I think it is £5 but it is very good and can use it of line as well

I use the app, B.iCycle to map my route and provide all sorts of info

I definitely doing that tomorrow thanks a lot

I wonder if it has a gps route on there site

If you're interested, there's a group of us that ride every Monday and Thursday. The pace is leisurely and new riders are welcome. The Thursday rides are mostly off road, the Monday rides on roads. We meet at the Wat at top of Soi Nern Pub Wan at 9:30. Map is on our FB group page.

As for other off road options, there's a couple of km's of some fun single track just south of Mabprachan. Screen shot below shows the area. PM your email address and I'll send you the gpx file of the trail.

ScreenShot001.jpg

I have hired a mountain bike for a couple of days and I need some advice where is the best place to go, I went for a walk once a while back a place with a big lake and there was Pepole riding mountain bikes there, but I am not sure the name of it can some one tell me the name please, also if there is anywere else in or close to pattaya what would be a good pace to go thanks

Where did you hire the bike? how much? and what quality of bike is it?

Where did you hire the bike? how much? and what quality of bike is it?

I got it from venture bike in jomtien it's a 150THB for one day and it's a trek, which I use in the UK, I think the quality is OK

uploadfromtaptalk1455441733273.jpg

If you're interested, there's a group of us that ride every Monday and Thursday. The pace is leisurely and new riders are welcome. The Thursday rides are mostly off road, the Monday rides on roads. We meet at the Wat at top of Soi Nern Pub Wan at 9:30. Map is on our FB group page.

As for other off road options, there's a couple of km's of some fun single track just south of Mabprachan. Screen shot below shows the area. PM your email address and I'll send you the gpx file of the trail.

attachicon.gifScreenShot001.jpg

Thanks a lot in will send you a pm in a min, the gpx file will come in handy

Here is something posted by forcebwithu here.

I did the Trail that trail today, had a great time

The only thing was it's a quite a long ride from jomtien, and I am out of shape lol

So couldn't stay as long as I wanted as I had 2 cycle back as well

Still did about 50k not bad for the second time in a year and a half, I did a bit in vang Vieng last month

I did the Trail that trail today, had a great time

The only thing was it's a quite a long ride from jomtien, and I am out of shape lol

So couldn't stay as long as I wanted as I had 2 cycle back as well

Still did about 50k not bad for the second time in a year and a half, I did a bit in vang Vieng last month

I've been meaning to get into cycling my last 3 trips, I've failed again. I'll try harder next trip.

Don't know about the trails but there are some good roads for biking in the Mabprachan area. The good part is there are quite a few bicyclists there so drivers are conscious of them and usually give plenty of space.

The bad part is that unless you live nearby you will need to transport your bike there.

I did some exploring on a motorcycle to come up with a 25k route that is mostly pretty and suits me.

Don't know about the trails but there are some good roads for biking in the Mabprachan area. The good part is there are quite a few bicyclists there so drivers are conscious of them and usually give plenty of space.

The bad part is that unless you live nearby you will need to transport your bike there.

I did some exploring on a motorcycle to come up with a 25k route that is mostly pretty and suits me.

Yes that was where I went yesterday I thought the trails was great, but I have never done it before

You are right about getting there it, I was tired when I got there so couldn't stay as long as I wanted, because I still had 2 cycle home

I asked a blue bus driver when I got home how much to take me there he said 700THB from jomtien

Dose anyone know a cheaper way I can get a bike there, or a shop close to there where I can hire a bike

We'll be doing something a bit different on our ride next Monday. Instead of hitting the roads outside of Pattaya, we'll instead be heading over to Kho Larn for a ride around the island. Note the island has some steep climbs, so if you're up to a bit of strenuous exercise, feel free to join us. After the ride we'll enjoy lunch on the beach and then head back to Pattaya. Recommend MTB for this ride. We're meeting at the entrance to Bali Hai pier at 8:45 am for the 9:00 am sailing. Look for the group wearing Monkey Extreme Bikers shirts.

attachicon.gifScreenShot001.jpg

That's a good thing you folks are doing.

In which area do you do your road rides? And approximately how long are they?

That's a good thing you folks are doing.

In which area do you do your road rides? And approximately how long are they?

The Monday road rides are usually about 50km, although the week before we did a ride down to Ban Chan. That one ended up being 100km.

Rides start from the Wat at the top of Soi Nern Plub Wan. The direction of the route from there varies each week. 

858178_921458147943076_4083803194532689045_o.jpg

Last Monday's ride we sent south. Here's a screen shot of the route. I broke off from the group to make it back to Pattaya for meet up with friends, thus my route of Suk. The others did a meandering route back.

ScreenShot001.jpg

Awesome to see.  Is there anywhere in Central Pattaya to hire a MTB (29" or 26" HT) ? or just the place in Jomtien ? We will be staying in VT 6

Awesome to see. Is there anywhere in Central Pattaya to hire a MTB (29" or 26" HT) ? or just the place in Jomtien ? We will be staying in VT 6

I asked in a bike shop near the Trail they told me only in jomtien, if you find somewhere else please let me know

I asked in a bike shop near the Trail they told me only in jomtien, if you find somewhere else please let me know

Where in jomtien can you rent decent bikes?

Where in jomtien can you rent decent bikes?

uploadfromtaptalk1455803829621.jpg

They have one trek what I used the other day

150THB plus 500THB deposit take a copy of your passport

They have some other mountain bikes but I don't know the name of them

Archived