IGNORED

Best Hotel in Pattaya? - money no object

pylotPA

Pattaya Hilton was my absolute worst 5 star hotel experience ever! I wrote a long review on why on tripadvisor.

Thanks for the link, did you book direct?

I ask because from Hilton’s description of the executive suites, it says complimentary wifi. But this might have been a recent change, as I see your review is from November 2013.

Lack of free wifi is not a deal-breaker for me, because I can tether (I pay DTAC 428 baht/month for 3GB data + 150 minutes, which is often less than what these hotels want for a single day pass), but it just feels so insulting that I am almost willing to boycott any hotel that charges me for internet. For me, they could just as well put a charge on hot water.

Also, how was the outside bathtub? That is the main reason I am currently looking at booking with Hilton :)

Thanks for the link, did you book direct?

I ask because from Hilton’s description of the executive suites, it says complimentary wifi. But this might have been a recent change, as I see your review is from November 2013.

Lack of free wifi is not a deal-breaker for me, because I can tether (I pay DTAC 428 baht/month for 3GB data + 150 minutes, which is often less than what these hotels want for a single day pass), but it just feels so insulting that I am almost willing to boycott any hotel that charges me for internet. For me, they could just as well put a charge on hot water.

Also, how was the outside bathtub? That is the main reason I am currently looking at booking with Hilton :)

Didn't use the outdoor bathtub. The balcony is very narrow and it didn't have sun on it so I didn't use it much to be honest.

I see they offer free wifi now for those rooms. I don't know when that was implemented. I myself use the dtac offer as well.

Maybe you will enjoy it there. I just stick to the Marriott or Dusit Thani now.

Hope you have a great trip.

Slightly off topic.....

Can anyone advise if the Marriott now provide complementary in room wifi?

Information out there is a mix of "for a fee", "lobby", "pool" etc

Interested to hear from a recent guest

Thanks

Slightly off topic.....

Can anyone advise if the Marriott now provide complementary in room wifi?

Information out there is a mix of "for a fee", "lobby", "pool" etc

Interested to hear from a recent guest

Thanks

Join the marriott rewards scheme either before or upon check-in (they wil probably offer it and it was advertised on the left of reception also) and wifi is complimentary.

As for free wi-fi, I wrote and asked Hilton, and this was their reply:

[…] the Free wi-fi is available on the Executive floor and public area only.

For this regards, we are pleased to offer you to enjoy our Hhonor program for free so that, you are able to have free wi-fi in your room […]

So basically no free in-room wi-fi for non-HHonors members.

Booking direct though is slightly cheaper than Agoda (ignoring the point systems) and automatically enrolls you into the HHonors program (as I understand it).

As for free wi-fi, I wrote and asked Hilton, and this was their reply:

So basically no free in-room wi-fi for non-HHonors members.

Booking direct though is slightly cheaper than Agoda (ignoring the point systems) and automatically enrolls you into the HHonors program (as I understand it).

You can just sign up online - it's free:  https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/join/joinHHonors.htm

Marriott, get a suite.......all good, my friend loaded it with girls, unfortunately they looked like rough hookers when he got drunk with them at the pool the next day

Join the marriott rewards scheme either before or upon check-in (they wil probably offer it and it was advertised on the left of reception also) and wifi is complimentary.

Cheers for the reply! Im already a member of their rewards program from my pervious trips. Last few stays i remember seeing it included in the bill.

Marriott, get a suite.......all good, my friend loaded it with girls, unfortunately they looked like rough hookers when he got drunk with them at the pool the next day

Ohhh yeah. The following day........lol

Looked like rugby players that needed a shave? Can happen to anyone I suppose!

Archived