Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Hotel in Pattaya? - money no object

pylotPA

Hello all,

First trip ever to Thailand, and probably be awhile before I can come back.  I'm planning on staying in Pattaya for 6 days.  I really want to do this right, and not wind up in some dump.  Money is not really an issue.

My priorities are the night life, and having access to decent food 24 hours.  Laundry would be a huge plus.  Close to the action would be nice, as I don't care to walk more than I have to at my age.  hotel cleanliness is a must.

Currently booked at Hilton - but I am confused on their guest policy after I email them, so I am open to all options. 

Greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks guys!!

Look up The Wave hotel on beach road. I haven't stayed there but am thinking I would like to if I had money.

Stay where you are. The Hilton is without a doubt the best hotel in Pattaya. The previous poster was dead right in saying the Marriott is getting a little run down, as is the Hard Rock, and the Holiday Inn just doesn't make it.

Meh. The Hiltons got to be dull.

I would swop hotels and get the Sea View Suite at Baywalk Residence location wise is great and ref food etc all these things seconds away.

I have stayed numerous times at Hilton Chain and for money is over rated I use it on points only now but feel staff still look down on both girls and me as a monger when staying

You are Only waiting six days, after travelling all that distance..

I would sort that out before my hotel..

BTW , I Heard the Hilton is nice.

I have eaten in the restaurant and had a few cocktails in 34 th floor bar

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm in Thailand for 11 days, just wanted to split it up between Pattaya and Bankkok.  I also have a few other stops in Asia that are non-monger related.

Read some of the stories on hear and so jealous when I hear people going for 30 days or longer!  Not sure I could make it!

Amari Ocean have duplex suites that are jolly good. Mrs Thinkingallowed and I were upgraded to one approximately a year ago and were suitably impressed. I'm sure you could find a deal on line but the rack rate was 23,000 baht per night.

They opened a hotel in Pattaya and look down on guests that monger. That makes a lot of sense.

This is why I stay on the six or in hotels with reputations for allowing guests.

Fuck the Hilton.

siam@siam design, is just great

I'd just stick with the Hilton.Stayed at a lot of the higher end hotels and never had a problem with girls,Marriot great but the rooms as said are not that great, i emailed Hilton not long ago and reply was girl friendly, but can't bring myself to pay, lol

I just stayed at the Centara Grand Mirage for 3 days ( this was a treat for my wife and 4 year old for valentines week end).

I live out in the sticks in Huay Yai and this 5 star hotel has the best water park and children's entertainment in Pattaya.

Its not cheap but its top class. if you wish to spoil your self take a look at it.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Thanks guys - I decided to keep my reservation at the Hilton.  I leave in three days - can't wait!!

For anyone that across this post, I just want to wrap this up by saying that the Hilton is awesome - very expensive compared to a lot of places, but exactly what I was looking for - full resort experience.

Enjoy!  I think it's a GREAT property and I'm building HHonors points to get back there soon.

Suggestions that the Hilton is not gf are outdated and, frankly, wrong.  I can't speak to when it opened, but the Hilton is now 100% girl friendly in my personal experience.  Brought back one girl and even multiple girls on multiple prior trips and never hassled or charged a penny.

Pattaya Hilton was my absolute worst 5 star hotel experience ever! I wrote a long review on why on tripadvisor.  https://www.tripadvisor.dk/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1876869-r185952269-Hilton_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT 

I would always recommend the Marriott. Very girl friendly. They give you 2 daily complementary cleaning of clothes. Super location with access to both beach road and 2nd road. Excellent staff.... Etc.  

Pattaya Hilton was my absolute worst 5 star hotel experience ever! I wrote a long review on why on tripadvisor.  https://www.tripadvisor.dk/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1876869-r185952269-Hilton_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT 

I would always recommend the Marriott. Very girl friendly. They give you 2 daily complementary cleaning of clothes. Super location with access to both beach road and 2nd road. Excellent staff.... Etc.  

Read your review on TripAdvisor, and it doesn't change my opinion.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, I'll go through the issues that you experienced:

1. "They wouldn't give me a late checkout"

I'm guessing one problem here was the room that you booked.  You point out that you booked one of their best suites.  They only have a limited number of those, and it was probably booked the night of your departure.  They can't tell the next guest "sorry....you have to wait until 11 p.m. to check in."

Also, although I have gotten checkouts as late as 4 p.m. (especially with hotel reward program status), in my experience, most hotels will charge you a "half day" rate and extend you to 6 p.m.  Did you ask about that?

2. No free laundry.  

That perk from the Dusit Thani (3 free per day) is the best I have ever heard of.  Marriott did give me something like 5 free items over the course of my stay because I was Platinum with them at the time, but that was the only time I have been offered free laundry. I think it is a perk offered by some hotels, but I don't think it's a viable complaint that another didn't give it to you.

Pricing for laundry is absurd there, just as it is at most nice hotels.  I use the much cheaper services in VT6.

3. No free wifi.

While this does suck, it's the business model for most of the higher end, American-based chain hotels.  Here's a list of hotel chains that (at least as of about a year ago), charged for wifi: Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn/InterContinental, Hyatt, Sheraton, Wyndham, W hotel.  Most of these are considered high end hotels that cater to business travelers.  You can get free wifi at some simply by joining their guest reward program (which is free).Z

Go to Las Vegas and stay in a nice property and they many not charge you for wifi, but they WILL tack on a "resort fee" of $20 per day, regardless of whether you intend to use it or not.

4. Smaller bed.

I have noticed that the sizes of King beds in Pattaya vary widely.  The Sheraton had a MASSIVE bed.  As I recall, the one in the Hilton wasn't near as big, but I don't think it was a Queen size either.

5. Service charge of 1280 per night

No saying it's justified, but, if you look at the pricing on their website, it shows that they charge a service charge.  I thought I had seen this at other hotels, so I checked the website for SeaMe Springs, and they charge it, too.  I think their rate may be inclusive of the service fee, though.

6. Girlfriend being asked for ID

THAT was inexcusable.  I could see it happening the first night, but after that, as a registered guest, she should never have been asked again.  I would've called the manager about that and given him an earful about that.

The best hotel without any doubt in Pattaya is "Royal Wing Suites & Spa by Royal Cliff Hotels" at around £200 per room per night or "Royal Cliff Grand Hotel" in a 1 bedroom Regency Suite at around £262 per night.

One quick note - 

My recommendation on the Hilton was based primarily on the OP's statement that priority was nightlife, location and 24/7 access to food options (laundry next door at VT6 is also convenient at Hilton).

Setting aside those parameters, if I was asked what my favorite "money is no object" hotel in Pattaya is, I would go with the Sheraton (soon to be InterContinental) in Phra Tumnak.  Just stayed there this month, and it is an incredibly beautiful resort.

BUT...it is isolated; there is NOTHING close to the hotel (as compared to be connected to Central Festival); and -- as was pointed out to me in another thread -- the changeover from Sheraton to InterContinental is going to involve renovations for who knows how long.

Marriott is getting a little dated, but I still love the "old school" feel of it -- the dark woods, etc.  It also is in a fantastic location, and they have some beautiful suites (which I have never stayed in).

I too can't seem to make up my mind on where to stay. I booked Discovery Beach for the first 2 days of my trip near Soi 6 because that is where I stayed comfortably on my last August trip but I am looking for a VIP suite or a pool villa. The Hilton replied to my emails saying no free wifi except in one of their suites (which is rather expensive) and when I asked about visitor policies they never replied back. The Marriott is too old ( furniture wise). Some pool villas look good but when I read the tripadvisor reviews I back away plus I don't want to be far away from the action in Pattaya. I am going nuts here because I know if I book now, it will be cheaper than when I am on the ground in Pattaya.

VIP Villas In Pattaya is 5 stars but bad reviews

Royal Cliff Beach hotel I tried and like the Marriott old furniture and too ar away from city

Cape Dara Resort  thinking about  Dara Private Pool with Club Benefits but there isn't much details about the rooms on the booking site. 

Anyone know How far this Cape Dara is from say WS?

Now are these all GF or not? I am thinking of Cape Dara...........

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Read your review on TripAdvisor, and it doesn't change my opinion.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, I'll go through the issues that you experienced:

1. "They wouldn't give me a late checkout"

I'm guessing one problem here was the room that you booked.  You point out that you booked one of their best suites.  They only have a limited number of those, and it was probably booked the night of your departure.  They can't tell the next guest "sorry....you have to wait until 11 p.m. to check in."

Also, although I have gotten checkouts as late as 4 p.m. (especially with hotel reward program status), in my experience, most hotels will charge you a "half day" rate and extend you to 6 p.m.  Did you ask about that?

2. No free laundry.  

That perk from the Dusit Thani (3 free per day) is the best I have ever heard of.  Marriott did give me something like 5 free items over the course of my stay because I was Platinum with them at the time, but that was the only time I have been offered free laundry. I think it is a perk offered by some hotels, but I don't think it's a viable complaint that another didn't give it to you.

Pricing for laundry is absurd there, just as it is at most nice hotels.  I use the much cheaper services in VT6.

3. No free wifi.

While this does suck, it's the business model for most of the higher end, American-based chain hotels.  Here's a list of hotel chains that (at least as of about a year ago), charged for wifi: Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn/InterContinental, Hyatt, Sheraton, Wyndham, W hotel.  Most of these are considered high end hotels that cater to business travelers.  You can get free wifi at some simply by joining their guest reward program (which is free).Z

Go to Las Vegas and stay in a nice property and they many not charge you for wifi, but they WILL tack on a "resort fee" of $20 per day, regardless of whether you intend to use it or not.

4. Smaller bed.

I have noticed that the sizes of King beds in Pattaya vary widely.  The Sheraton had a MASSIVE bed.  As I recall, the one in the Hilton wasn't near as big, but I don't think it was a Queen size either.

5. Service charge of 1280 per night

No saying it's justified, but, if you look at the pricing on their website, it shows that they charge a service charge.  I thought I had seen this at other hotels, so I checked the website for SeaMe Springs, and they charge it, too.  I think their rate may be inclusive of the service fee, though.

6. Girlfriend being asked for ID

THAT was inexcusable.  I could see it happening the first night, but after that, as a registered guest, she should never have been asked again.  I would've called the manager about that and given him an earful about that.

Its perfectly fair to play devils advocate. :)

I base my review on my stays at 5 star hotels all over the world and I have stayed in a lot. 

Regarding late check out I always get offered a solution to my needs at other 5 star hotels. Its not like i was not willing to pay for it I just asked them to offer us some accommodation while we waited for our airplane. They just refused any thing and didn't do any effort when I booked to see to my request. They had this information 3 months in advance! Its not 5 star service. At Dusit they say that if I pay for 30 pct of  a room I can have it until 10 pm. At Mariott they either let me stay in my suite for free or in high season I can get a small room until 10 pm for half price.

I looked through recent reviews on Agoda to see if anybody but me had a similar experience lately:

Ignatius B. 

United States of America, fre 26 jun 2015

over rated and over priced

location location location

Check in staff were irritable and surley like they were doing me a favor letting me stay there. The buffett had many choices but were tasteless. The room was as stark as a hospital room. Bathroom arrangement provides no privacy. Trying to figure out the light switches took 2 days. They charged me $100 USD for a normal sized load of laundry. No free wifi in rooms! They charge $17 a day. Absolutely better places to stay for half the price.

Thanks for the additional input, Doc -- I agree that they should try to do SOMETHING to help.  Sounds like the front desk did a SHIT job on your stay, and I can see you being pissed/disappointed!

I too can't seem to make up my mind on where to stay. I booked Discovery Beach for the first 2 days of my trip near Soi 6 because that is where I stayed comfortably on my last August trip but I am looking for a VIP suite or a pool villa. The Hilton replied to my emails saying no free wifi except in one of their suites (which is rather expensive) and when I asked about visitor policies they never replied back. The Marriott is too old ( furniture wise). Some pool villas look good but when I read the tripadvisor reviews I back away plus I don't want to be far away from the action in Pattaya. I am going nuts here because I know if I book now, it will be cheaper than when I am on the ground in Pattaya.

VIP Villas In Pattaya is 5 stars but bad reviews

Royal Cliff Beach Hotel I tried and like the Marriott old furniture and too ar away from city

Cape Dara Resort  thinking about  Dara Private Pool with Club Benefits but there isn't much details about the rooms on the booking site. 

Anyone know How far this Cape Dara is from say WS?

Now are these all GF or not? I am thinking of Cape Dara...........

Marriott is smack bang in the centre of Pattaya

Cape Dara is further away than Royal Cliff.

Archived