Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Local taxis

l1350d

Sorry if this has been answered before but my searching came up with nothing.

I am upgrading from a cheap charlie this trip to a have a little money harry, haven't quite perfected the rich prick in Pattaya yet.

My questions, I will be staying at the Holiday Inn....bit of and upgrade from my usual haunts and I will use the beach road bus route for the majority of my travelling....eating, movies, shopping, mongering. This trip however I want to try a few more things. I want to head out to the night markets, maybe play a little golf, try out the new water park in Jomtien, possibly even a trip to Rayong. What is the best way to get to these places, is it get a Mr T taxi or grabbing a metered taxis, if it is a metered taxi what colour is the suggestion?

Cheers Brothers

Metered taxis are taking the piss a bit and don't want to use their meters .

You need to agree on a price upfront . 

Ask the security guy if he knows someone that can drive you around . 

They usually have some family member or friend that is more than willing 

to bring you where you want to go for a few hundred Bht . Once you found

a good one use him for future trips . 

Metered taxis are taking the piss a bit and don't want to use their meters .

You need to agree on a price upfront . 

They are having a shake up at the moment. In the unlikely event that they are pulled into line they will be a good option (but I doubt that will happen....lol).

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Sorry if this has been answered before but my searching came up with nothing.

I am upgrading from a cheap charlie this trip to a have a little money harry, haven't quite perfected the rich prick in Pattaya yet.

My questions, I will be staying at the Holiday Inn....bit of and upgrade from my usual haunts and I will use the beach road bus route for the majority of my travelling....eating, movies, shopping, mongering. This trip however I want to try a few more things. I want to head out to the night markets, maybe play a little golf, try out the new water park in Jomtien, possibly even a trip to Rayong. What is the best way to get to these places, is it get a Mr T taxi or grabbing a metered taxis, if it is a metered taxi what colour is the suggestion?

Cheers Brothers

This is who I use:http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/services

When you are picked up at the airport,you are given the name AND phone number of your driver. Of course this doesn't apply if you want a ride in 5 minutes. Doesn't disappoint.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

They are having a shake up at the moment. In the unlikely event that they are pulled into line they will be a good option (but I doubt that will happen....lol).

I wish they had real metered taxis like the ones in Bangkok here . Would be a great option to get back home to the darkside after a night out . 

I wish they had real metered taxis like the ones in Bangkok here . Would be a great option to get back home to the darkside after a night out .

Agreed. Was quoted 800baht by taxi to go from pattaya klang to out quite far along Soi Siam country club to visit a friend on Christmas Day, I was like that's crazy can practically go to Bangkok for that...phoned my friend to come pick me up instead.

You could try the GrabTaxi App.

It gives you a fare and the taxi should stick to it.

Show the fare before you get in and report the taxi in the App if they won't accept it.

That's the theory anyway. Given the City taxis all seem to be driven by rip-off merchants I don't know if it works in practice.

For further afield, I'd go with earlier suggestion and ask Nam.

As long as you plan in advance.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Also any of the taxi booths can set you up with a private car, use them when I change hotels.. 100-150B..local... Check with the tourist attractions you plan to visit,many offer transportation

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Archived