IGNORED

Transferwise info

okdirl

Hi guys

Just wondering if any of you have used Transferwise to send money to Thailand?

They seem too good to be true.

Cheers for any info.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exchange rate are they currently offering?

Used them quite a few times without a problem, always a very good exchange rate.

I use them to send Mrs Thinkingallowed her housekeeping and previously I was guestimating how many pounds to send but now I can be sure how much she gets.

There is a sweet spot to using them though. Small amounts get a crappy exchange rate and large wads of cash get charged too large a fee.

What exchange rate are they currently offering?

51.6285 to pound sterling

25.285 to the Oz dollar

If you send multiple medium amounts would it not cost as much as one large amount?

There rates are a lot better than the banks that's for sure. Just wary about sending money with places I don't know.

I think that by the time you are sending £1500 the fee becomes too large, £22 ish

And actually they seem to have changed their policy on small amounts and offer good rates and small charges.

Have a play with their website and see if the amounts you want to send workout for you.

Hi guys

Just wondering if any of you have used Transferwise to send money to Thailand?

They seem too good to be true.

Cheers for any info.

UK Forex is always good to me

Do u just send small amounts?

Minimum is £500 I think.

I normally just send a large enough lump for each trip, £2500 last time.

For my wife & baby's everyday stuff I just send a weekly PayPal, costs me 88p to send, she gets it immediately then transfer to her Thai bank when she needs it.

I think that by the time you are sending £1500 the fee becomes too large, £22 ish

And actually they seem to have changed their policy on small amounts and offer good rates and small charges.

From what I could see from putting different amounts into the App, the rate stays the same regardless of the amount sent but the fee % falls as the amount increases.

Roughly 1.4-1.9% depending how much you send.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

UK Forex is always good to me

UK Forex is much more complicated to register with than Transferwise.

They were asking for so much information I half expected them to ask for my dick size next!

I have used them quite a bit....  I think they are very good...  as an example, I sent 6.5K AUD and was charged 96 bucks, with a very decent Xrate.. they are worth considering in my view.... 

The rate today they are quoting is 25.285  

The official rate is :

1 Australian Dollar equals
25.31 Thai Baht

Just did a quick calculation.... on 6500 AUD there is overall a 20 AUD saving using Transferwise as against using OZforex.    Not much, but better in my pocket

They were asking for so much information I half expected them to ask for my dick size next!

Yea I just noticed the same thing. I quit before I got to page two.

Would you have lied if they had?

:LMFAO:

I have used them for 6 years, I can't remember it being difficult to register.

Not difficult as such more like intrusively annoyingly over complicated and a big pain in the man berries [emoji23]

I would have lied and told them I was only 13 inches 555

Used them quite a few times without a problem, always a very good exchange rate.

I use them to send Mrs Thinkingallowed her housekeeping and previously I was guestimating how many pounds to send but now I can be sure how much she gets.

There is a sweet spot to using them though. Small amounts get a crappy exchange rate and large wads of cash get charged too large a fee.

51.6285 to pound sterling

25.285 to the Oz dollar

51.63 is where Interbank closed Friday. I'm staggered they quoted you that. What fee on say £5000.....??

No its not 51.62 its 50.86 which is less than TT wire transfer was yesterday (friday) and they charge £14.83 for £1000

Halifax (for example) would have been 51.12 plus £9 online if sent to my bank

HSBC would have been 51.12 plus £4 online likewise

https://transferwise.com/

Yea I just noticed the same thing. I quit before I got to page two.

Even after going through the different pages of info you get a message at the end telling you to telephone them to complete the registration. FFS! Telephone? It's the bloody 21st Century!!

I would have had to tell them I couldn't supply the info as I only have a 12 inch ruler in the house.

No its not 51.62 its 50.86 which is less than TT wire transfer was yesterday (friday) and they charge £14.83 for £1000

Halifax (for example) would have been 51.12 plus £9 online if sent to my bank

HSBC would have been 51.12 plus £4 online likewise

https://transferwise.com/

I just checked and to send £1000 to my Thai bank account they'd give me a rate of 51.6285 today but the fee would be £14.83 so I'd end up with 50862.85 baht in the account.

I just checked and to send £1000 to my Thai bank account they'd give me a rate of 51.6285 today but the fee would be £14.83 so I'd end up with 50862.85 baht in the account.

Ah ok fair enough. The difference is the fee then. Thats not bad for £1000.  I'll try it with £5,000 see what fee then

Nope you get stuffed completely fee is now £74. Stick to the good ole Halifax and HSBC flat rate £9 and £4 irrespective of amount.

I've used transferwise a few times recently for both large and small amounts. Normally takes 3 working days and very easy process.

I'm sure I could get slightly better rates elsewhere but I was happy with the no hassle process

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Archived