IGNORED

30 day extension at Jomtien (UK resident) - is it worth trying for?

Baddad

I have just re-entered Thailand on the third of a triple 60 day tourist visa. I'd like to extend another 30 days but just read about Jerry's recent experience and don't want to go through anything like that.

I'm renting a condo in Jomtien but the contract will expire about half way through the 30 day extension, so I can't use that address. We will then move to my (Thai) girlfriend's rented room in Pattaya, where I won't have a contract or any paperwork at all. She could come with me to immigration but she would not be able to provide a house-book or any other paperwork.

Is this just a non-starter?

Longer term, I should be able to get a retirement visa, I'm over 50 and the 800,000 is no problem.

Just wanted to stay the extra 30 days if it's not too difficult.

I'd be very grateful for any advice. I'm happy to pay for professional help, so if anyone in the visa business can help me with both matters, please get in touch.

I don't think you need accommodation proof for the 30 day extension on a TV, that might be the case for marriage/educ/retirement visa reporting/extensions.

................................................................................................................

I have just re-entered Thailand on the third of a triple 60 day tourist visa. I'd like to extend another 30 days but just read about Jerry's recent experience and don't want to go through anything like that.

I'm renting a condo in Jomtien but the contract will expire about half way through the 30 day extension, so I can't use that address. We will then move to my (Thai) girlfriend's rented room in Pattaya, where I won't have a contract or any paperwork at all. She could come with me to immigration but she would not be able to provide a house-book or any other paperwork.

Is this just a non-starter?

Longer term, I should be able to get a retirement visa, I'm over 50 and the 800,000 is no problem.

Just wanted to stay the extra 30 days if it's not too difficult.

I'd be very grateful for any advice. I'm happy to pay for professional help, so if anyone in the visa business can help me with both matters, please get in touch.

Just go and extend it. You will get the 30 day ext on a 60 day rourist visa.

I've typed and printed out my own rental agreements before now, just make it look professional, make up a landlords name (Farang) and sign it any way you see fit. It's not as if they are going to check up, EVER.

I've typed and printed out my own rental agreements before now, just make it look professional, make up a landlords name (Farang) and sign it any way you see fit. It's not as if they are going to check up, EVER.

Better hope not. Imagine the fun of presenting forged papers to Thai officials for your current and future.

I have started to research the whole retirement visa business. It's very boring and I was hoping just to pay someone to deal with it, but I have started now and it really doesn't look very difficult at all. I found a very good and up-to-date document here that has all the information in one place.

I had previously assumed that the way to go would be a 30-day TV extension, then go back to England and apply for an O-A, then come back and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. It turns out that is both expensive and complicated. It will actually be easier and cheaper to apply for a Non-Immigrant O here in Jomtien, then the extension of stay based on retirement, then a multiple re-entry permit. Then I can come and go whenever I want.

It all seems too easy.

I don't think you need accommodation proof for the 30 day extension on a TV, that might be the case for marriage/educ/retirement visa reporting/extensions.

As of last month at Jomtien immigration you needed proof of residency to extend a TV....

I just made a dummy booking on Agoda for 3 nights , which worked then and has worked in the past....then after I receive extension I cancel the free cancellation booking. 

Better hope not. Imagine the fun of presenting forged papers to Thai officials for your current and future.

It's not like a fake passport or visa. It's a bullshit piece of paper stating a bullshit address to satisfy a bullshit requirement. It's Thailand, they are just going through the motions same as us. A random check on the legitimacy of your rental agreement simply would not happen. If they had the time, resources, or inclination, it STILL would not happen.

post-155535-0-06683100-1455447863_thumb.jpg

Archived