IGNORED

Hilton-Dusit Thani- Amari ocean - Marriott?

Sammy69

Hi all,

I am still thinking about accommodation when I come in mid March. I looked at a few villas but most were far away from Walking Street or any action plus I don't know where they are exactly and if there is any sort of security so I decided on hotels. Now there are 4 hotels I am thinking about but choosing one depends on if they are girl friendly or not. So, I need your opinions about them. 

Hilton-

Dusit Thani-

Amari ocean

Marriott

Thank you

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Hilton - GF.

Dusit Thani - not GF 1000 joiner.

Amati Ocean - Sorry, never stayed there.

Marriott - very GF. There are ways you could bypass the ID check if you want.

Recommen Hilton and Marriott

looked at reviews on the Marriott and was disappointed. Will look at the Hilton now. Thanks again.

So Marriott then. Thank you all.

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Ok Mariott people say old furniture and no security so I went and looked at the Hilton.............so expensive and no Wi-Fi ??WTF? Still looking for a 4-5 star hotel that is modern and will give us good memories.
If you guys know any Villas that have security but GF and is not far from Walking Street, please mention them. Thank you.

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

The furniture in the Terence Suite is not old at Marriott. They have security at the elevator but if you want, there are a few ways you could bypass it. Baraquda is right at the other side of second road. 5 star and modern (but some people say it is too modern).

The furniture in the Terence Suite is not old at Marriott. They have security at the elevator but if you want, there are a few ways you could bypass it. Baraquda is right at the other side of second road. 5 star and modern (but some people say it is too modern).

Should I be worried about security in the elevators? Someone said it was very GF. 

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Should I be worried about security in the elevators? Someone said it was very GF.

No, don't worry about the security. I just don't like to have security to take the girls ID. I feel that kill the mood. I like to walk in with the girl like normal hotel guests. I don't bring FL back to my room. Only girls from the gogo bars I usually go. So, I have never be robbed. If you bring a FL from Beach road or disco, you better have the girl leave her ID with the security.

Stayed Dusit Thani last June. Very satisfied, great service.

A little bit far from WS but no problem to catch a baht bus on beach road going there.

Going back was easy as all drivers did know the Dusit.

Had no problems to bring back girls and no joiner fees.

There is a second entrance on beach road if you prefer some privacy and don't want to go through the lobby.

Stayed Dusit Thani last June. Very satisfied, great service.

A little bit far from WS but no problem to catch a baht bus on beach road going there.

Going back was easy as all drivers did know the Dusit.

Had no problems to bring back girls and no joiner fees.

There is a second entrance on beach road if you prefer some privacy and don't want to go through the lobby.

Are you sure you stayed in Dusit Thani and in Last June? It is a well known family hotel and a BM just stayed there LAST JULY and paid 1000 JOINER FEE! The discussion is here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/274865-dusit-thani-pattaya-guest-friendly-joiner-fee/

Are you sure you stayed in Dusit Thani and in Last June? It is a well known family hotel and a BM just stayed there LAST JULY and paid 1000 JOINER FEE! The discussion is here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/274865-dusit-thani-pattaya-guest-friendly-joiner-fee/

Yes, very sure.

Before booking called to check their guest policy.

Made sure that if I book double occupancy there will be no joiner fee for a guest.

Hilton has no free Wi-Fi which is a big turn down. Marriott kind of old unless ( like someone said ) I take a high end suit which will be so very expensive I could be spending that money on a private Villa with a pool. I have booked the first 2 days at a the hotel I stayed in last time. It was good and near my fav. street Soi 6 . When I get there in March, I will go check out places and see it first hand. I am still thinking about a Villa with a nice pool and barbecue facilities ..just have to find one not so far away from all the action. Villas have some down sides..I am thinking the pools would be dirty..not much security like hotels ( when girls leave the hotel calls me be4 giving her her ID back which is reassuring ) and transportation. 

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Hilton has no free Wi-Fi which is a big turn down. Marriott kind of old unless ( like someone said ) I take a high end suit which will be so very expensive I could be spending that money on a private Villa with a pool. I have booked the first 2 days at a the hotel I stayed in last time. It was good and near my fav. street soi 6 . When I get there in March, I will go check out places and see it first hand. I am still thinking about a Villa with a nice pool and barbecue facilities ..just have to find one not so far away from all the action. Villas have some down sides..I am thinking the pools would be dirty..not much security like hotels ( when girls leave the hotel calls me be4 giving her her ID back which is reassuring ) and transportation. 

Get A Hilton Honours card, think it entitles you to free wifi.

Furniture in the Marriott is not brand new, but certainly not decrepid, its a 4/5* hotel.

Marriott has probably got the best pool. And is in the best position.

If you stay in terrace suites, ground floor, the lift security guy is obsolete, the guy at the Beach Road entrance, doesnt take any notice and if you come in through the Dicey Rileys entrance and take the back stairs no one stops you, So as far as girl security goes just pop by the main lift in reception and the guard will take the ID.

There is a camera system throughout the site and I would expect a guy to be looking at the cameras at all times regarding general security.

anyone stayed at the saim @siam ?

i have stayed at marriott a number of times and its been great but i want to try something diffrent this time , as for the Op marriott for location but love staying at the amari ocean wing its a great hotel if you dont mind a bit of a baht bus ride or have your own rented bike

anyone stayed at the saim @siam ?

i have stayed at marriott a number of times and its been great but i want to try something diffrent this time , as for the Op marriott for location but love staying at the amari ocean wing its a great hotel if you dont mind a bit of a baht bus ride or have your own rented bike

What makes the Amari your choice? Does it have a good beach access?

Baraquda +1 great guest friendly hotel...

"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

Hilton is great in my opinion, but it ain't cheap.  

As for getting free wifi, I could be wrong, but I think that it IS available to all HHonors members, but only if you book the hotel via Hilton's website.  I think when you use an external booking site (like Priceline, Orbitz, etc.) you don't get it.

On the Marriott, I would suggest reviewing the Guests' photos on TripAdvisor.  I glanced through a few and they seemed representative.

While it's not "modern" by any stretch of the imagination, I always found the Marriott's rooms to be very comfortable.  Personally, I like the "old school, dark wood" look/theme of their rooms.  

Marriott has a perfect location in my opinion.

Here's a photo I pulled from Google that is accurate as of my last visit there (which, admittedly, was 2+ years ago):

marriott room.jpg

That is my fear of such wooden floor rooms. I stayed in a garden view room once in a big hotel that had these same floors. I know that people coming into these rooms will probably have wet feet from the pool so they make the floors this way so as to be easier to clean than carpeted floors. The problem with these floors is the noise. If a neighbor next door moves a chair I will hear it. I decided to just get to Pattaya and see the possible hotels face to face :)

As for getting free wifi, I could be wrong, but I think that it IS available to all HHonors members, but only if you book the hotel via Hilton's website.  I think when you use an external booking site (like Priceline, Orbitz, etc.) you don't get it.

On the Marriott, I would suggest reviewing the Guests' photos on TripAdvisor.  I glanced through a few and they seemed representative.

While it's not "modern" by any stretch of the imagination, I always found the Marriott's rooms to be very comfortable.  Personally, I like the "old school, dark wood" look/theme of their rooms.  

Marriott has a perfect location in my opinion.

Here's a photo I pulled from Google that is accurate as of my last visit there (which, admittedly, was 2+ years ago):

attachicon.gifmarriott room.jpg

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This seems correct, if you go via Agoda, it says: “internet access – wireless (charges apply)” whereas booking via Hilton.com it says “Stay connected with complimentary in room WiFi”.

Price seems to be the same, though booking direct you’ll get HHonors points instead of Agoda points, the latter is effectively a 4-5% discount (if you’ll use Agoda for future bookings, which for me is far more likely than booking another Hilton hotel).

Personally I am leaning very heavily toward the Hilton King Exec Plus, definitely not cheap at 15,247 baht/night, but the bathtub on the balcony really sells it.

hilton-balcony-south-view.jpg

Hi

I got the Executive room on 32nd floor with a lot of benefits plus free wifi and the all day executive lounge drinks and food :) It wasn't cheap esp. that I booked it on a weekend when everything was fully booked. 

ioeyas.jpg

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

I got the Executive room on 32nd floor with a lot of benefits plus free wifi and the all day executive lounge drinks and food :) It wasn't cheap esp. that I booked it on a weekend when everything was fully booked.

Worth mentioning that low-season prices seems to start in April and they have some promotions. Definitely worth checking rates on their site.

Yesterday I did a same-day booking for five night, and after a little back and forth, I ended up with an average rate of 10,920 baht/night (incl. taxes) for the Executive Plus, so ~30% discount compared to the rate I quoted above, which was even an “Advance Purchase” rate.

Had I postponed my trip until the 4th, the rate was 8,174 baht (incl. taxes) for the Executive Plus.

Archived