Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Panorama of Pattaya Beach, from Walking Street to Na Klua

fusionx

I shot this the other day using my Sony RX100 Mk III compact camera. I didn't have a tripod with me, so I snapped 6 shots trying to keep it very level and make sure there was enough overlap between the scenes.

I processed the photos in Adobe Lightroom, then used the Merge feature along with the new (and amazing) Boundary Warp tool. Boundary Warp "stretches" the edges of your images in a smart way so you don't need to crop out any sections of your resulting merged panorama.

For not really planning this and just shooting handheld on the spur of the moment, with a compact camera, I think it came out pretty well.

pattaya-beach-panorama.jpg

Good work.....lovely colours.

As you can see from my Sig I made an attempt at this full bay, but I need to keep trying to get it right......less mist would help.

I've got LR but haven't used it yet......no I'm not a photographer, I just have a nice view.

I can get better individual pics, but when I go for the full merge they lose something, though I will still persevere with the full bay idea.

view Tony lens 001.jpg

view Tony lens 003.jpg

VTPan.jpg

view Tony lens 030.jpg

view Tony lens 001.jpg

view Tony lens 003.jpg

VTPan.jpg

view Tony lens 030.jpg

Good work.....lovely colours.

As you can see from my Sig I made an attempt at this full bay, but I need to keep trying to get it right......less mist would help.

I've got LR but haven't used it yet......no I'm not a photographer, I just have a nice view.

The top issues for doing your own panoramas would be:

1. Shoot in full Manual mode, or Aperture priority mode. You don't want the aperture to change between shots.

2. Keep your camera perfectly level as you shoot your scenes. The entire plane has to be the same. It's easy to compose your shots incorrectly when shooting handheld.

3. Leave enough overlap between scenes so the merge software can find the right edges.

Lightroom helps with something else. When you edit each photo before stitching them together, it's easy to get different looks between each image. For example, your exposure or white balance may differ. With Lightroom, you can edit your first photo, then sync those same edits across all the photos in your merge group. Very easy to do.

I shot this on a very hazy day. Lightroom also has a "de-haze" function that when used lightly can really clear things up.

This is a JPG of one of the images, with no processing except for what the camera applied. I also shot RAW and used those for the pano.

pattaya-beach-panorama-5.jpg

The top issues for doing your own panoramas would be:

1. Shoot in full Manual mode, or Aperture priority mode. You don't want the aperture to change between shots.

2. Keep your camera perfectly level as you shoot your scenes. The entire plane has to be the same. It's easy to compose your shots incorrectly when shooting handheld.

3. Leave enough overlap between scenes so the merge software can find the right edges.

Lightroom helps with something else. When you edit each photo before stitching them together, it's easy to get different looks between each image. For example, your exposure or white balance may differ. With Lightroom, you can edit your first photo, then sync those same edits across all the photos in your merge group. Very easy to do.

I shot this on a very hazy day. Lightroom also has a "de-haze" function that when used lightly can really clear things up.

This is a JPG of one of the images, with no processing except for what the camera applied. I also shot RAW and used those for the pano.

Thanks for the advice.

In the olden days I played with Photo Stitch and it was OK.

For this attempt I cheated and used the Automate/Photomerge option in CS5.

For almost zero effort it turned out good enough to encourage me to persevere and I'll certainly try along the lines you suggest.

I don't know what I'm doing but I do have all the equipment.

Later maybe the full bay panorama sunset.

Thanks for the advice.

In the olden days I played with Photo Stitch and it was OK.

For this attempt I cheated and used the Automate/Photomerge option in CS5.

For almost zero effort it turned out good enough to encourage me to persevere and I'll certainly try along the lines you suggest.

I don't know what I'm doing but I do have all the equipment.

Later maybe the full bay panorama sunset.

Photomerge in CS5 should work well, though the newer versions have much better performance and precision.

It does take a lot of practice, and I've studied a LOT over the years.

Photomerge in CS5 should work well, though the newer versions have much better performance and precision.

It does take a lot of practice, and I've studied a LOT over the years.

Maybe when I get what I think are the right shots I'll just send them to you.   :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe when I get what I think are the right shots I'll just send them to you.   :GoldenSmile1:

No problem! Clean that lens first - lol :)

Lovely pics. It would nearly make you want to swim in the water :-)

NEARLY being the operative word. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

Archived