IGNORED

German Drugged, Robbed in Pattaya Recovers Stolen Items

Forte

PATTAYA — A woman confessed to drugging a German tourist to rob him, Pattaya police said.

Komkrit “Top” Duangchan, 24, told police she put a sleeping pill in the drink of a German tourist Sunday before stealing his watch, a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and another Samsung smartphone.

“She was charged for robbery and drug use,” said Col. Sukthat Pumpanmuang, commander of Pattaya Police Station, saying Komkrit failed a drug test.

According to police, the German arrived at Pattaya police station Sunday night complaining he had been drugged and robbed by a transgender woman he took to his apartment near Jomtien Beach.

Investigators were led to Komkrit’s residence in Chonburi’s Sattahip district, where they said they found all the items reported stolen and arrested Komkrit. She had a prior record for drug-related crimes, police said.

Komkrit reportedly told police it was the first time she ever did such a thing, saying she learned the trick from another transgender woman.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455172250

I'm impressed that the Thai police not only helped the tourist get his belongings back, but also respected his privacy and didn't give his name to the press.  I hope this is a trend that the police are doing a better job.

A couple of years ago, another tourist was robbed by a prostitute and the police didn't recover anything.  The police gave the story and a picture of the victim's passport to the press.  I felt bad that the tourist tried to do the right thing by reporting the crime and got shamed by the press.  It seemed that the police where only interested in cases where they could take money from people and wanted to discourage non-profitable cases.

You really go to the police to report you've been drugged and robbed of a watch and 2 old phones by a ladyboy so the whole world know what happened ? 555 !! 

Happens on a regular basis...BIB keeps it low Key so it will Not effect Tourism

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I'm impressed that the Thai police not only helped the tourist get his belongings back, but also respected his privacy and didn't give his name to the press.  I hope this is a trend that the police are doing a better job.

A couple of years ago, another tourist was robbed by a prostitute and the police didn't recover anything.  The police gave the story and a picture of the victim's passport to the press.  I felt bad that the tourist tried to do the right thing by reporting the crime and got shamed by the press.  It seemed that the police where only interested in cases where they could take money from people and wanted to discourage non-profitable cases.

I'm impressed that the tourist told the truth as to what was stolen and then found.

Usually it seems to be 4 iPhone 6s, ten pounds of 92% gold and 300,000 Baht in cash from someone staying is an 600 Baht per day hotel.

You really go to the police to report you've been drugged and robbed of a watch and 2 old phones by a ladyboy so the whole world know what happened ? 555 !! 

That's exactly why I wouldn't.  I wouldn't want my employer back home seeing a picture of my passport and that I picked up someone in Pattaya for prostitution.  When the police shame the victim and potentially hurt his career back home, a lot of men get a wake up call and decide that Pattaya is not worth the risk.

This then hurts the police's earning potential.  When the bars, gogos and freelancers are making money, the police have a lot more potential to make money from them with licences, fees and fines.

I hope the police have caught on the fact that when they shame the customers, they are pissing in their own soup.

The fact that this time the police didn't release the personal information of the victim is a very good sign that they are getting smarter.

Good video!  Some of those Thai ladies are definitely dangerous!

you might want to re-read the ops post :)

99% this is with katoeys when it happens. Makes sense, there are countless Katoeys here, with limited customers, so they gotta eat and have a place to sleep

you might want to re-read the ops post :)

99% this is with katoeys when it happens. Makes sense, there are countless Katoeys here, with limited customers, so they gotta eat and have a place to sleep

Good point!  I am lucky that I only go with the 100% ladies.

The Katoeys have a lot of expenses for hormones and operations.  They have more temptation to steal money than the ladies do.

Archived