IGNORED

What are the best/most enjoyable golf courses in and around Pattaya?

gunnersteve82

I've played Burapha,St Andrews,siam old course and Khao Keow- any others I should make must play on my next trip?

Apologies for posting in wrong thread!!!! Will post in a more appropriate one!

I played Burapha,St Andrews,Siam Old Course and Khao Keow- can anyone recommend any others that I can add to my list for next year?

Crystal Bay, Mountain Shadow and Pleasant Valley are good value.

Eastern Star can be fairly difficult if you're not a big hitter, but again good value.

Rayong Green Valley (adjacent St. Andrews) very good but a little bit more expensive.

Further out is Pattavia and Greenwood, both excellent courses and good value.

Thanks for that- ill have to do a bit of research on a couple of them. Anyone have any views on laem chabang or the other siam course's ?

Laem Chabang used to be immaculate. Ever since Siam Country Club appeared on the scene, its kind of gone down-hill. Still well worth playing but lost some of the shine.

Pattana is good. Can be tricky on a windy day but well worth a visit.

Crystal Bay is my ease-in course. Usually the first one I play when I visit.

Saint Andrews with the Pars 6s are tough..Scenic too...Treasure Hill, Phoenix,Lam Chabang all good courses..26 courses to choose from..For a Real adventure try the Upper 18 at Wangjuntr...Play in the clouds

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Siam Waterside, Siam Plantation, Laem Chabang, Thai Country Club (takes 1 hour+ from Pattaya), a brand new interesting course is Parichat Golf Links.

And there are plenty more.

Have fun!!

If you are looking for the best golf courses to find the best looking caddies, leave the thread here and maybe a few golfers will post some photos.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Siam Waterside, Siam Plantation, Laem Chabang, Thai Country Club (takes 1 hour+ from Pattaya), a brand new interesting course is Parichat Golf Links.

Have fun!!

I second that - the three Siam Country Club courses and Laem Chabang are the 4 world class courses around Pattaya, there is a significant gap in quality between that group and all the other courses.

A bit further away are Bangphra, Royal Lakeside, Green Valley which I would also recommend.

Other courses on my "pleasant" list are Burapha, St Andrews, Khao Kheow, St. Andrews 2000, Green Valley, the Emerald, Green Wood, Pattana

Courses I wouldn't bother to visit again are: Plutaluang, Wangjuntr, Mountain Shadow, Eastern Star

[quote
Khao Kheow.Great shape right now

That's a good start a photo of both, a golf course and a caddy.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I second that - the three Siam Country Club courses and Laem Chabang are the 4 world class courses around Pattaya, there is a significant gap in quality between that group and all the other courses.

A bit further away are Bangphra, Royal Lakeside, Green Valley which I would also recommend.

Old Course is closed.

Khao Kheow for value right now can't be beat.A quarter of the price of Waterside.Maybe a third depending on who you play with.

Waterside and Plantation are in great shape.

[quote

Khao Kheow.Great shape right now

That's a good start a photo of both, a golf course and a caddy.

LeoTex

I have a million of them.lol.

Pattaya Asia hotel has a great little 9 hole pitch 'n putt course.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Pattaya Asia Hotel has a great little 9 hole pitch 'n putt course.

And it's right across the street from Viper.And down the road from K Club.

Old Course is closed.

Khao Kheow for value right now can't be beat.A quarter of the price of Waterside.

won't stay closed for too long I guess, probably getting back in shape after the LPGA.

Value is a completely different matter.

My golfing destinations mostly depend on the discounts I get with either using the golf days or my PSC card.

When the CC courses cost less than 3000 including caddie and cart, I agree to splurge a bit.

Thanks for that- ill have to do a bit of research on a couple of them. Anyone have any views on laem chabang or the other siam course's ?

I would put Laem Chabang a notch below Siam but above Burapha but stress I have not played it for about 18 months.

I used to think  Siam Plantation was more of a challenge than the Old Course. Old Course you can spray it around a bit and not suffer too much and most of the issues were with the trickiness of the greens. If you were a bit wayward at Plantation you were stuffed but greens not as good - but again a while since I have played either.

I like all the courses mentioned above but I get frustrated at the green speed at P. Valley and C. Bay which are often very slow.

For value and condition at the moment I don't think you can beat Pattana (if playing in a bar group), Treasure Hill and Greenwood but the 331 road can be a nightmare especially coming back from Greenwood and TH - same goes for Pattavia. Hopefully when you return that issue will have gone away.

However based on your courses value may not be an issue......

Further out towards Bangkok both Royal Lakeside and Bangpakong Riverside are worth a visit and on a good day are only an hour or so away.  

Edit - just been reminded on another posting Bangpra - otherwise known as the monkey course. Greens can be like lightning but always problems in high season securing bookings - and them honoring them even if you make them.......

I've only played 18 of the 27 holes at khao Keow and have to say I was really impressed- at both the value and the quality of the course. Would like to go back to Burapha and play the other 18 holes also.

Of the courses I haven't played I've heard great reports about Bangphra ant the Plantation course at siam.

Have fun!!

All of those mentioned above are good, you can't go wrong with any of those courses.

As an outside bet, as a good course in its own right; Army & Navy at Sattahip. Not in as good condition as the rest, but good value for money and a good test.

Try it.

All of those mentioned above are good, you can't go wrong with any of those courses.

As an outside bet, as a good course in its own right; Army & Navy at Sattahip. Not in as good condition as the rest, but good value for money and a good test.

Try it.

And if you're real lucky you will get stuck behind a Naval Commander 6 ball.lolol.

Good fun.

Couldn't add to post above for some reason (was using phone) but meant to say Honeyshot is spot on with his post. Definitely the best courses although dearer than the others because they keep a full grounds staff all year - hence those courses are always in good condition. As I am involved in the golf tourism industry I would compare them to good/top courses just about anywhere apart from UK/USA.

Siam Old will certainly be open in March as I will be playing it (between 7-12th) - any other BM's playing the Golf Week? PM if you are.

Archived