IGNORED

CAPO-DE-MONTE FIGURINES

LesG

OP - A little information would be useful to prospective purchasers. If it helps, I have provided some narrative below. However, you need to add some detail, like how od the pieces are, how long you have owned them and a 'ball-park' figure for how much you want.

Capo Di Monte colectibles are porcelean pieces that are highly colored and have a strong relief style. The brand's history starts with King Ferdinand IV, son of King Charles, who opened his first Capo Di Monte porcelean factory in Naples Italy in 1771. They used the mark of the blue crown N (BCN) to designate their porcelean figurines. Many pieces were lost during the two world wars, thus adding to their rarity and some Europeans come all the way to the United States in search of porcelean figures that survived the wars. 

The pieces vary in value from a few dollars to several hundred thousand, depending on age and rarity.

Thankyou for the info.

OK 

, the figurines were purchased at a fine arts/antique shop in a place called Bognor Regis in the United Kingdom (about 60 miles from London)

the year of purchase was 1970 and the purchase price was 150/200 English Pounds each piece.

as for a ball-park figure, that would depend on what the buyer/collector thought they were worth to them.

But any reasonable offer would be considered.

We need someone from Antiques Roadshow here :)

Antiques Roadshow, live from Pattaya....

Come on BBC, you know you want to.

Can I ask if you can describe the markings on the figurines (another pic maybe). The signature and markings/stamp are crucial to valuation. A 20th century copy isn't worth much, but a 18/19th century original could be worth a lot.

If I were you I would devote a few hours in researching the markings and, if valuable try and sell in auction when you are back in the UK. Markings to look out for:

xIMG_20121128_00076_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.x

x20150406_223258.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qfqJSD

C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Copy (3) of IMG_20160211_134607 (2).jpg

C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Copy (4) of IMG_20160211_134607 (2).jpg

C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Copy (5) of IMG_20160211_134607 (2).jpg

C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Copy (6) of IMG_20160211_134607 (2).jpg

Having a problem sending pic of symbol

has the blue crown with blue N underneath crown and below blue N are the letters  C (or G) and what looks like 2 upside down v and then o n...

all letters in blue     

could send  pic  with Viber or Line if need

As already posted you really need to show a photo of the underside of each one and also list if in perfect condition or damaged ( the two on the left seem to have small damage ) this is important to a collector and also will affect the value.

If you have no luck here you may wish to put them in Collinburngs Auction house in Pattaya I have seen some Thais pay big money for rubbish (so called antiques sold there).

Not saying your items are rubbish just that the price payed was well over the actual value of the item at the auction..

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived