IGNORED

Why am I redirected to Agoda every single morning

Harvey707

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah sure mate 555555

I bet you looked it up (or knew what it was)....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Click on any overnight notifications "likes" or whatever and I'm immediately redirected to Agoda. Once every day.

If I want to go to Agoda I will but please do not redirect there to enable others to earn money off me.

If its a board error then no problem

Install adblockers on your desktop and your mobiles. Sorted..

Install adblockers on your desktop and your mobiles. Sorted..

In this instance adblockers won't make a difference, although you should definitely have a decent adblocker anyway as an essential tool (especially for streaming sites), the problem lies with the position of the messenger, notifications, profile, sign out options and the way  the page loads, particularly if your internet speed is a wee bit slow.

The messenger,etc bar is located in-between 2  other bars, that if clicked on can redirect you, if it happens with me, it is usually the top one as I hit profile and the page "hiccup" loads the top bar slightly after the page looks to have finished loading, it's also possible the bar underneath these options can do this (more so on a phone) as well, as the pattaya-addicts.com bar will also, if clicked, on redirect to Agoda (Book Thailand hotels Now! in paler blue writing).

In this instance adblockers won't make a difference, although you should definitely have a decent adblocker anyway as an essential tool (especially for streaming sites), the problem lies with the position of the messenger, notifications, profile, sign out options and the way  the page loads, particularly if your internet speed is a wee bit slow.

Any suggestion to "the best"

I read this article by Dvorak: AdBlock Plus: Extortion or Smart Business? | John C. Dvorak

In it he note that Freitas, the maker of Adblock Plus, unblock certain companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Taboola have paid so their ads are not blocked.

I read this article by Dvorak: AdBlock Plus: Extortion or Smart Business? | John C. Dvorak

In it he note that Freitas, the maker of Adblock Plus, unblock certain companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Taboola have paid so their ads are not blocked.

AdBlock Edge used to be good, same as plus but without those exceptions youmention, some recommend Ublock for chrome, not so much for Firefox.

I still use AdBlock plus as you can go to tools/ adblock plus/ filter preferences and remove the tick that enables those exceptions.

insider, on 13 Feb 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

AdBlock Edge used to be good, same as plus but without those exceptions youmention, some recommend Ublock for chrome, not so much for Firefox.

I still use AdBlock plus as you can go to tools/ adblock plus/ filter preferences and remove the tick that enables those exceptions.

Thanks, Sir.

I will try to install it.

Thanks again from your recommendation.

Installed AdBlock + and the time to load some pages has been cut by 70-80%.

Especially new site; ABC News was the worst and could take over a minute with long ad scripts, now it take 10 seconds or less.

I used and ad blocker before, but all it did was to redirect countless URLs (like ad.google.com) to 127.0.0.1 which just filled the frames with "page not found".

Yep it looks like it's just a "speed" issue, and it's not something sneaky set up to score more Agoda clicks.  I do recall I have the same issue getting into the Mod area if I click the link before the page has fully loaded, except I get flicked off to ThaiFriendly 555..

No problem with you raising the issue Harvey, we've had all sorts of shite happening to the Forum in recent weeks and it actually helps catch these things early if someone has the initiative to say something about it.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie yesterday it did it for first time since I last posted. This morning Thai time done it again 08.27 at time of post. I had one notification (a like) that circular icon started up revealed who and what and bang off we go to Agoda again.

I'm not a computer techie but I'm far from stupid. This is deliberate simple as. I assure you I'm not being deliberately provocative. No one can have avoided seeing the big advert explaining about reduced income from Agoda though

lol look at the highlighting !!

Harvey707, on 20 Feb 2016 - 5:29 PM, said:

Perthie yesterday it did it for first time since I last posted. This morning Thai time done it again 08.27 at time of post. I had one notification (a like) that circular icon started up revealed who and what and bang off we go to Agoda again.

I'm not a computer techie but I'm far from stupid. This is deliberate simple as. I assure you I'm not being deliberately provocative. No one can have avoided seeing the big advert explaining about reduced income from Agoda though

I, among others, have duplicated your experience.

The red "Like" icon appear and you click right on it and shortly after another page (i.e. Agoda) pops up.

When you click on the icon some page scripts are till running in the background and in the meanwhile your click is stored in a buffer as an absolute X,Y pixel location.

After the page is fully rendered that pixel location may not be where the "Like" icon is.

You can avoid this by either waiting till all scripts have completed and the page is fully rendered or you can start you browsing of PA by putting this link in your favorites: User CP - Saved Notifications

There still doesn't seem to be anyone other than yourself having this problem Harvey, and those who have experienced this in the past (myself included) have all been a bit too quick on the trigger when heading for the notifications area.

If it was a deliberate attempt to trick everyone into heading off into Agoda, we'd have complaints about it, not to mention it would be a suicidal thing for Admin to do in the first place.  It doesn't seem to be a Forum error either, as again it's not happening to anyone else.

I'll Report the issue again, and see if I can get one of the higher-ups to respond here.  Again this will take a little time.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

The linking to Agoda in your post is not the same as what you are reporting. What you are reporting would be deceitful and not something that would intentionally happen on this forum.

My guess is that you have picked up some dodgy software from somewhere. For sure it is an issue with your computer. As Perthie said if it wasn't there would be a lot more people complaining about it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The linking to Agoda in your post is not the same as what you are reporting. What you are reporting would be deceitful and not something that would intentionally happen on this forum.

My guess is that you have picked up some dodgy software from somewhere. For sure it is an issue with your computer. As Perthie said if it wasn't there would be a lot more people complaining about it.

I suspected dodgy software too which is why I suggested trying a different browser... or a different computer for that matter.

As a web developer, I can tell you sites can act differently on different browsers. The only way to resolve this is if more people report this or if you can get it to happen repeatedly on demand. More data is needed to solve this!

... or if you can get it to happen repeatedly on demand.

That is exactly what some have done here concerning this issue.

Just reread the whole thread again.. lol. Harvey you still have not answered the question. Have you waited for the page to fully load before clicking your notifications?

I only get diverted to Agoda if I click on "hotels" about the message & notifications button.

I think you need to be more patient.

No arguing btw.

:GoldenSmile1:

The answer is to do with the way the page loads, the notifications is just under the bar with the word hotels, if you click on this "Hotel" option you go to Agoda.

Now what happens is that if you are a wee bit eager to click on notifications you will hit the hotel "redirect" button on the above bar, because even tho you think the page has finished loading it hasn't, it does a kind of "hiccup" just as it finishes  filling the page with the links, so if you go to click notification just as it does this the position changes momentarily and you end up hitting Agoda link above.

I've had the same when clicking my profile to fast after page load but in my case i end up clicking on Pattaya People and get directed there.

Just need to take a couple of extra seconds, especially if your internet is slow, to make sure the page has finished loading.

I would guess this is the answer.

Harvey - I can assure you there is NO REDIRECT - the only way you can go to Agoda is if you click a link, albeit you may be doing so inadvertantly. As both Perthie and Scumbag point out we would not do something deceitful although we do accept we add clickable links.

You need to let pages load fully before clicking anything - that should avoid this.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The messenger,etc bar is located in-between 2  other bars, that if clicked on can redirect you, if it happens with me, it is usually the top one as I hit profile and the page "hiccup" loads the top bar slightly after the page looks to have finished loading, it's also possible the bar underneath these options can do this (more so on a phone) as well, as the pattaya-addicts.com bar will also, if clicked, on redirect to Agoda (Book Thailand Hotels Now! in paler blue writing).

All I know is that I have adblockers on both desktop and mobile, and I'm not encountering any of what you just described.

I use the 'REFINE' ad blocker on iOS on my iPhone and iPad (it uses modules you can add to it, to customize it to what sort you want to block - it even blocks the annoying pop-ups that every site nowadays pops in your face). 

AdBlock Plus does a decent job on the desktop, though they do tend to exclude advertisers that pay them - I'm currently looking for either an alternative, or for modules for it that are more thorough).

could harvey maybe report back and report if waiting for the page to fully load solves his problem?

Archived