IGNORED

Why am I redirected to Agoda every single morning

Harvey707

Click on any overnight notifications "likes" or whatever and I'm immediately redirected to Agoda. Once every day.

If I want to go to Agoda I will but please do not redirect there to enable others to earn money off me.

If its a board error then no problem

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click on any overnight notifications "likes" or whatever and I'm immediately redirected to Agoda. Once every day.

If I want to go to Agoda I will but please do not redirect there to enable others to earn money off me.

Mouse or (fatfinger) Touchscreen?

Nothing wrong via Mouse anyway.

Mouse or (fatfinger) Touchscreen?

Nothing wrong via Mouse anyway.

Nope has happened 4 times in a row daily first opening of addicts whatever the time. Only the first click never subsequently

I don't know harvey, first I've heard of it, but I'll ask and see if anything's changed.  I certainly don't get redirects but then again I can't tell what's "normal" anymore these days.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I don't know harvey, first I've heard of it, but I'll ask and see if anything's changed.  I certainly don't get redirects but then again I can't tell what's "normal" anymore these days.

Cheers

Perthie

Fair play.

If it happens tomorrow morning will repost again to let you know

The only time I have been mis-directed is when someone posted a link to stickboy and it went to Gaydar....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Fair play.

You know you can turn it off in options, I have it set to off. By that I mean not having it report the 'likes' to you.

Fair play.

Harv, this ain't Microsoft with teams of techs working around the clock, just a bunch of guys chipping in their free time.  It could be days until anyone answers me. :o

As soon as I get some response I'll Post again to let y'all know.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Fair play.

maybe I can help...

Harvey, which browser are you using and which kind of device (PC / Mac / Android tablet or phone, etc. ) ?

Is there anything special about how you access the forum (VPN, incognito mode, invisible, private, etc) ?

Maybe PA think you need a holiday

Harv, this ain't Microsoft with teams of techs working around the clock, just a bunch of guys chipping in their free time. It could be days until anyone answers me. :o

Perthie

I will answer right away, i don't know why and neither have a solution :-)

Sent from my tam tam

The answer is to do with the way the page loads, the notifications is just under the bar with the word hotels, if you click on this "Hotel" option you go to Agoda.

Now what happens is that if you are a wee bit eager to click on notifications you will hit the hotel "redirect" button on the above bar, because even tho you think the page has finished loading it hasn't, it does a kind of "hiccup" just as it finishes  filling the page with the links, so if you go to click notification just as it does this the position changes momentarily and you end up hitting Agoda link above.

I've had the same when clicking my profile to fast after page load but in my case i end up clicking on Pattaya People and get directed there.

Just need to take a couple of extra seconds, especially if your internet is slow, to make sure the page has finished loading.

I've had the same when clicking my profile to fast after page load but i end up clicking on Pattaya People.

Same here.

I understand what you mean.

Sometimes we are too impatient.

Yep its done it again. VPN not on (only for iplayers etc) Firefox, Windows 7 Premium, Fujitsu Lifebook

Clearly its not happening to others so no problem.

Perthie I wasn't having a pop per se but if it was deliberate I'd have said it was bang out of order. It clearly isnt so no issues obviously

Maybe PA think you need a holiday

:SoWhat1:

Yep its done it again. VPN not on (only for iplayers etc) Firefox, Windows 7 Premium, Fujitsu Lifebook

Clearly its not happening to others so no problem.

Before you click tomorrow place the mouse over the link you are going to click and right click. Then click on Copy Link Location and paste it into a post if clicking the link takes you to Agoda.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Could this have something to do with cookies?

Harvey: Have you been looking for hotels recently?

Clear your browser and try again maybe?

The answer is to do with the way the page loads, the notifications is just under the bar with the word hotels, if you click on this "Hotel" option you go to Agoda.

Now what happens is that if you are a wee bit eager to click on notifications you will hit the hotel "redirect" button on the above bar, because even tho you think the page has finished loading it hasn't, it does a kind of "hiccup" just as it finishes  filling the page with the links, so if you go to click notification just as it does this the position changes momentarily and you end up hitting Agoda link above.

I've had the same when clicking my profile to fast after page load but in my case i end up clicking on Pattaya People and get directed there.

Just need to take a couple of extra seconds, especially if your internet is slow, to make sure the page has finished loading.

this explanation does make sense - harvey, can you test what happens if you wait for the page to load completely before doing anything?

I have a similar problem when clicking on the View New Content button if the page hasn't fully loaded.

At the last moment, New Content button drops slightly leaving the sneakily camouflaged Book Thailand hotels Now line in place.

I think you are spot on.

I just tried to refresh the page and clicked the button as soon as it appeared, sure enough I was linked to the menu that a second or two later appeared above.

Repeated it three times.

Looks like the page does not respond to user input till it is fully loaded were as Windows will register the click and keep it in a buffer.

Yep it looks like it's just a "speed" issue, and it's not something sneaky set up to score more Agoda clicks.  I do recall I have the same issue getting into the Mod area if I click the link before the page has fully loaded, except I get flicked off to ThaiFriendly 555..

No problem with you raising the issue Harvey, we've had all sorts of shite happening to the Forum in recent weeks and it actually helps catch these things early if someone has the initiative to say something about it.

Cheers

Perthie

Archived