IGNORED

Honey Inn Hotel, Soi Honey - My thoughts

aquaracer

So Ive just returned from my stay in the Honey Inn hotel.

I normally stay Soi 4 or 5, particularly Bella Villa prima Soi 4 and Pattaya Blue Sky Soi 5, but I fancied a try at the other end of town for a change, plus Bella Villa was 3 times its normal price and Pattaya Blue Sky fully Booked.

Although I enjoyed the area, I won't be returning to this hotel.

Staff - Very Friendly and Helpful   8 out of 10

Location - Great atmosphere, with girls, Bars and Happy Massages everywhere. Close to Dianna, LK Metro, plenty of places to eat and easy access via Baht Bus to everywhere else  8 out of 10

Room - Tiny, Dull and Depressing. Balcony (if you can call it that) Looked directly onto the wall of the next hotel, it was about 4" away and just made the room dark, and it was laughable, if you stood on the balcony you could look right into one of the other hotels rooms toilet! The room had tiny ants everywhere, shower was luke warm at best, and no hot water from the tap. The sheets had rips in them, and were stained and just looked grubby, even with a daily change the new ones seemed in the same condition. Walls are paper thin, you could hear boom boom going on every night in surrounding rooms, almost as if they were in the same room as you. Aircon puffed out a tiny bit of cool at best. 4 out of 10

Noise levels in room - Horrendous! From around 6pm till 4 am you couldn't sleep unless you were that pissed you collapsed asleep. The Booming of the music from LK Metro was too loud, you might as well have took your bed into one of the GoGo bars to sleep!

Overall i would give this hotel a 5 out of 10 there is far better for the money around.

I have always liked the location. Maybe front-side room would be better.

How much are the room rates? The website does not seem to show them.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Thanks a lot for the post I was thinking of staying there but now maybe I will stay at Bay Breeze it is on the same street.

babydollsaddict.gif

I have always liked the location. Maybe front-side room would be better.

How much are the room rates? The website does not seem to show them.

Room was 950 thb per night, not a bad price given the time of year but I have never paid more than this for the 2 hotels I normally stay at on Soi 4 and 5 and they are far far better

Thanks a lot for the post I was thinking of staying there but now maybe I will stay at Bay Breeze it is on the same street.

You could also look at The Scenery hotel a bit father down on the same side towards 2nd road, I walked passed it every day, looked a very nice hotel :)

I think those miniscule ants are indestructible and live in all hotel structures. A blast with a insecticide spray wipes them out for a couple of days until they regroup and carry on as usual.Not a lot you can do about them.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

OP - Many thanks for the feedback on your stay. Can I ask if your room was on the soi honey side or the rear-side?

Not sure why you would give it 5/10 to be honest from your review

If I am disturbed by noise virtually all night, the hotel does not get a good marking

If I am disturbed by noise virtually all night, the hotel does not get a good marking

The ants do it for me....I won't be staying.

OP - Many thanks for the feedback on your stay. Can I ask if your room was on the soi honey side or the rear-side?

It was the rear side, the Soi side might have been better regarding light into the room from balcony and a bit less noise , but the rooms look the same going by pics on the internet

I wouldn't say 5/10 was anything like a good marking, the only reason I didn't give it a lower score was down to the fact that the staff were really good and its not priced expensively, as well as a great location

I quite like that Soi,was looking somewhere cheaper than Bay Breeze but as I couldn't fault their renovated room I had last time I suppose I better save up.Couldn't hear any noise from my room at all.

I quite like that Soi,was looking somewhere cheaper than Bay Breeze but as I couldn't fault their renovated room I had last time I suppose I better save up.Couldn't hear any noise from my room at all.

I'm booked right now for "the scenery" hotel at the end of Feb. The reviews here and the internet have been ok and the price is at the 1kbaht marker. Also in Soi honey.

You need to stay in the front side rooms, which are quiet and bigger. I agree the rear side rooms are sub par - I was stuck in one literally looking down LK Metro.

In my experience, the sheets are clean though and I didn't experience the ants or boom boom noise (not saying you didn't).

The front side rooms are bigger and better but the front side rooms at their sister hotel H Boutique 25m away are even better.

• 3 weeks later...

oh dear.. Ive just booked a room at Honey Inn.. But I did get a deluxe room at the front and on the 5th floor.. so hopefully a little quieter as higher up and a better balcony as at the front

The thin walls worries me though... guess I will have to boom boom louder 5555

I will add my own review here next week after a few days there

oh dear.. Ive just booked a room at Honey Inn.. But I did get a deluxe room at the front and on the 5th floor.. so hopefully a little quieter as higher up and a better balcony as at the front

The thin walls worries me though... guess I will have to boom boom louder 5555

I will add my own review here next week after a few days there

You will have a good stay regardless mate. It didn't really ruin my holiday at all. It is clean and the staff are great. I think the front rooms will be better, as you won't be able to hear LK Metro and having a good balcony to let some light into the room will help immensely.

Have a good time :)

You will have a good stay regardless mate. It didn't really ruin my holiday at all. It is clean and the staff are great. I think the front rooms will be better, as you won't be able to hear LK Metro and having a good balcony to let some light into the room will help immensely.

Have a good time :)

Thank you for taking the time to re-assure me

I don't care what they say.. this forum is a great community

Archived