Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Booking directly at the LK Empress hotel

raviinc

I did a little research and found that booking directly at LK Empress is at least 20% cheaper than Agoda but then how efficient are they in booking management and in the event for some reason I need to cancel will they be prompt in refunding. Also want to know how their standard rooms are as compared to studio rooms and lastly but most important, is there any problem regarding taking girls. The whole point is which is better, booking directly at the hotel or Agoda.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Do not do it. I ha have had a very bad experience to claim back my refund from them. The property on a whole is very good in all perspectives. I have stayed theret twice.

But, my last August trip had booked with them for 6 Nights directly. I had to cancel the trip owing to certain commitments that came up. The terms of booking was that in the event, I cancel then they will deduct one nights cost and refund the rest. Generally, the hotels that I have stayed in Thailand initiate such refunds immediately or in the next few days. Here, in this case I was made to wait 60 days before they refunded the five nights. This too after innumerable mails, calls and threats that I will write bad reviews on trip advisor and Agoda. I never received a reply to any of my communication but the money finally came in 60 days.

Otherwise all in all a decent place to stay. 

Do not do it. I ha have had a very bad experience to claim back my refund from them. The property on a whole is very good in all perspectives. I have stayed theret twice.

But, my last August trip had booked with them for 6 Nights directly. I had to cancel the trip owing to certain commitments that came up. The terms of booking was that in the event, I cancel then they will deduct one nights cost and refund the rest. Generally, the Hotels that I have stayed in Thailand initiate such refunds immediately or in the next few days. Here, in this case I was made to wait 60 days before they refunded the five nights. This too after innumerable mails, calls and threats that I will write bad reviews on trip advisor and agoda. I never received a reply to any of my communication but the money finally came in 60 days.

Otherwise all in all a decent place to stay.

Thanks very helpful reply. One last question, a lot of reviews say the staff are rude, is it true.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Thanks very helpful reply. One last question, a lot of reviews say the staff are rude, is it true.

The staff are friendly and helpful - in my experience.

The staff are friendly and helpful - in my experience.

Since you've stayed there earlier I want to know generally if there are a lot of Indian families staying there. Asking this question because they look at me with contempt when I'm with my BF. If the Indian traffic is to much then notwithstanding all Empress has to offer, I will find another place. And would also appreciate any suggestions on beach road.

Thanks.

Since you've stayed there earlier I want to know generally if there are a lot of Indian families staying there. Asking this question because they look at me with contempt when I'm with my BF. If the Indian traffic is to much then notwithstanding all Empress has to offer, I will find another place. And would also appreciate any suggestions on beach road.

Thanks.

The staff are very courteous and friendly. The place is Girl friendly too. 

I am from India but never seen any Indians / or Indian families while I was there. There were lot of Russians though.

Ii will suggest you have a look at Sea Me Spring / Too . Very nice location and ideal for the activities that you are planning. The Girls love the rooms there as well 

Thanks San. Will look into Sandy springs and see how things develop.

I've stayed at Empress couple of times and booked again for this April.....don't see many of my countrymen there.

I like the location, cleanliness and safety of this hotel....highly recommended.

That money exchange place right outside the hotel usually has the best exchange rate in the neighborhood.

Have stayed here twice and am again in April, this time and last I booked directly through them and it is cheaper rate that way. Never needed a refund so don't know of any issues with that, the staff are friendly and helpful on both visits which along with the location and cleanliness of the hotel is why I keep staying here. Haven't run into any Indian families staying here but lots of Russians do, not a fan of Russians & their rude staring issues but for the most part they keep to themselves, only bad experience with an Indian there was when I was waiting for a taxi after checking out & for some strange reason this unsavory looking Indian monger felt it was socially acceptable to pick his nose while standing over my luggage. (Exchanged a few choice words & moved my luggage away from that animal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked this hotel yesterday on hotels.com for the 28th and 29th of March as I wanted to check out this LK property for a few days. After reading your post I decided to check out their website. According to their website on the dates I booked. The price i paid via hotels.com was 224.22 USD. Booking through them directly at their cheapest rate (early bird savings of 420B total) I would have paid $224.28 at the current exchange rate of about 35.5.

I can advise you to take a look at booking through hotels.com if the rates are very close and here is why. I have free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival (the same rate booking direct is non-refundable). Also, If you sign up for a site like ebates.com which I use. They give you referral rebate delivered quarterly via paypal. hotels.com is currently doing a 6% discount. Finally, with hotels.com you get a free night for every 10 nights you book with them. An example would be if you stayed 11 nights at $100/night. You would save $60 on the first 10 nights with their 6% rebate and your 11th night would be free (excluding taxes). Saving you about $150. I'm sure you could think of something do with the cash you saved. Hope this was useful.

On a side note. I have never stayed at this property as I usually stay at the LK Renaissance or Metropole. I booked a deluxe sea view as I would like to do some people watching early in the morning and late at night before heading out. Has anyone stayed in this room style? I am expecting this to be one of the rooms facing beach road. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!

Not sure, I booked deluxe beachfront which is looking over beach road, I stayed in this room last time so I know it has balcony and the premier beachfront does not have balcony. if you stay for at least seven nights and book with them you receive a better rate, it's approx $106 usd night at promotional rate. Not sure where your room would be you may want to send them an email

Not sure, I booked deluxe beachfront which is looking over beach road, I stayed in this room last time so I know it has balcony and the premier beachfront does not have balcony. if you stay for at least seven nights and book with them you receive a better rate, it's approx $106 usd night at promotional rate. Not sure where your room would be you may want to send them an email

Ah yes. I see now there is a promotional rate for longer stays. Thanks for the info about the room! It seems after all is said and done, I basically got the promotional rate without having to meet the minimum number of nights (3). Still looks like a good deal as my reservation is refundable while theirs is not. Also I would pay the same as their promotional rate and get my 11th night free.

Ah yes. I see now there is a promotional rate for longer stays. Thanks for the info about the room! It seems after all is said and done, I basically got the promotional rate without having to meet the minimum number of nights (3). Still looks like a good deal as my reservation is refundable while theirs is not. Also I would pay the same as their promotional rate and get my 11th night free.

didnt do the math myself but your room would be a lot less per night if you did get the promotional rate for 7 day stay, deluxe beachfront costs more than deluxe sea view yet I have a better rate so I would think you didn't get a promotional rate & wouldn't really save unless u stayed long enough for your free night but u still can cancel if needed which is always good. Either way, enjoy your stay

Regarding making any changes after booking, yes they are a bitch to deal with on that front.

I extended my stay during my last trip and they made me check out and check in different room....oh well, I don't fuss abt little inconvenience.

Overall good value....and decent breakfast is included in your room rate, that is if you wake up by 11am ;)

I just booked this hotel yesterday on Hotels.com for the 28th and 29th of March as I wanted to check out this LK property for a few days. After reading your post I decided to check out their website. According to their website on the dates I booked. The price i paid via hotels.com was 224.22 USD. Booking through them directly at their cheapest rate (early bird savings of 420B total) I would have paid $224.28 at the current exchange rate of about 35.5.

I can advise you to take a look at booking through hotels.com if the rates are very close and here is why. I have free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival (the same rate booking direct is non-refundable). Also, If you sign up for a site like ebates.com which I use. They give you referral rebate delivered quarterly via paypal. Hotels.com is currently doing a 6% discount. Finally, with hotels.com you get a free night for every 10 nights you book with them. An example would be if you stayed 11 nights at $100/night. You would save $60 on the first 10 nights with their 6% rebate and your 11th night would be free (excluding taxes). Saving you about $150. I'm sure you could think of something do with the cash you saved. Hope this was useful.

On a side note. I have never stayed at this property as I usually stay at the LK Renaissance or Metropole. I booked a deluxe sea view as I would like to do some people watching early in the morning and late at night before heading out. Has anyone stayed in this room style? I am expecting this to be one of the rooms facing beach road. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!

On another side note,there is a booking fee for EVERY reservation booked through hotels.com. That booking fee after 10 nights is far more than your "free night" value. Also consider booking.com. no booking fees.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Well I don't know ifs it's a good rate or not, and it was unintended -

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on LK Empress after your stay. Still planning my first trip and it seems like a nice place in a good location. Downside to me seems to be the pool isn't all that great

Well I don't know ifs it's a good rate or not, and it was unintended -[emoji35] but I fell [emoji42]asleep on my f#*kin keyboard and when my drool [emoji36]woke me up I had booked...the last hotel on Expedia I was scanning, gotta turn off one click! DOH!!! LK empress Apr 27-May4, king bed, crappy view[emoji24], breakfast included, $59.95/night or baht 2099/night. Well at least after that week I'll head to PI and finish the trip in BKK, so maybe it'll make up for my f$&@kup.

thats a low season rate, high season for that room is usually around $70 if you book early enough, just make sure you are on the side facing the other hotel next door because the wifi on the other side is shit and your view will be of another building instead of a view of the ocean from your balcony( side view but better than a wall). My first time there I had side view and my friend was in a room facing the other building. If you booked through Expedia you can cancel and book a better room or book direct through LK for the 7 night rate which should be cheaper than what you just paid.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on LK Empress after your stay. Still planning my first trip and it seems like a nice place in a good location. Downside to me seems to be the pool isn't all that great

Great location, I too booked my first trip here and besides the pool being small was pleased with everything, the breakfast wasn't the best but for free it was ok plus the view of foot traffic and the ocean on beach road I enjoy in the morning

On another side note,there is a booking fee for EVERY reservation booked through hotels.com. That booking fee after 10 nights is far more than your "free night" value. Also consider booking.com. no booking fees.

I will take a look at booking.com. But FYI the price I paid ($105/night) was the final price and inclusive of all fees which would be in line with booking with them direct for the same room and dates ($106).

LK Empress is a bit slow to reply to inquiry-I guess 2 days is too early for me to be optimistic for a reply. But I have until January.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

I don’t know anything about Empress but in lk renaissance there was one rude ass Thai receptionist bitch!!! that was working day shift in that damn hotel. That bitch was like PMSing 24/7. This was back in August.

Land of smile my ass!

Vincent Law

Wow I went on a trip in October and stayed at 19 different hotels, all booked at hotels.com and no booking fee 19 times.

Zero.

You are sure unlucky.

Archived