Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

booking hotel in advance or not?

tourist111

Hello fellow travelers,

So I'm kinda new and its my first time going to Asia, but im not here to give u all a side story.

My question is: is it better to book a hotel in advance or not ?

I'm going for 3 weeks and I've book a hotel for 1 week (I should just take 3-4 days but nothing I can do now)

So the remaining 2 weeks are still open for me to pick and choose.

I have few hotels in mind, but I'm not sure if its better to book it now, or leave it till I'm there, and can check the place and surroundings out first.

Any advice on this?

Thanks all

Mike

Depends when you are going?

Also if it is a decent hotel, there's deals to be had on the net with discount codes what are available

If just a guest house, you will maybe be able to sort a deal with them

In Pattaya as a first timer I think your current approach is the best. Book the first few days then look around on foot for alternatives. Rooms aren't usually as nice as the pictures and pictures can't convey odors and sounds. Many rooms aren't even listed online.

Later when you know exactly where you want to stay you can book in advance.

Thanks all.

Well I have a guesthouse for first week, but for remaining time I was thinking about 2/3 star hotel with a pool to allow me for some relaxation too.

I was suggested some places around central pattaya. I'm mostly look though boking and Agoda apps for rooms and deals.

Here is some places I had in mind:

Suits court 3

Chitra villa

Sawasdee Siam hotel

Pattaya bay resort - slightly more expensive then others but with really good reviews.

Of course I have no idea about guest policies in any of these places, which I will take into consideration. All rooms Im looking at at for 2 adults (traveling solo)

Mike, you have the right approach. During your first week at the guesthouse, you can check out that list and pick the best one. Have fun!

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

If you book with the likes of booking.com you can alter/cancel up to 24 hours in advance. No upfront payment.

Thanks all.

Well I have a guesthouse for first week, but for remaining time I was thinking about 2/3 star hotel with a pool to allow me for some relaxation too.

I was suggested some places around central pattaya. I'm mostly look though boking and agoda apps for rooms and deals.

Suits court 3

Chitra villa

Sawasdee Siam hotel

Pattaya bay resort - slightly more expensive then others but with really good reviews.

Of course I have no idea about guest policies in any of these places, which I will take into consideration. All rooms Im looking at at for 2 adults (traveling solo)

With some of those you have listed I would definitely view before committing

Thanks all.

I was suggested some places around central pattaya. I'm mostly look though boking and agoda apps for rooms and deals.

Suits court 3

Chitra villa

Sawasdee Siam hotel

You're definitely not looking at some of the better hotels from that list.

PBR has some good reports on here and Sutus is OK for some BM's. Sawasdee hotels are cheap for a reason!

It's difficult finding something really good in that price range near Soi Buakhao/LK Metro.

Once you get your bearings, you may find you're happy looking a little further afield. A short walk or baht bus ride away.

You may find more options by looking around Sois 7&8 or even Sois 10-13.

You may even find you're happy to stay at the guesthouse and pay to use the pool on top of Mike's or in one of the hotels.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I just hate packing up and unpacking at another place it seems like so much work to do tolling your luggage down the street

Moving is optional. Usually it's simple enough to extend your stay in the original room.

Initially booking one week and then perhaps extending is better than booking your whole stay in advance and being stuck with a poor choice.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

We always book 6 months in advance if possible, great savings.

Example - Bella Villa Prima booked in Novemeber for £160, 7 nights including breakfast for 2 mid April.

This is with Booking.com with nothing to pay til arrival.

Try now it's around £275

Makes sense if you can plan that far I front

Thanks all.

Suits court 3

Chitra villa

Sawasdee Siam hotel

Try Flipper House or Flipper Lodge great deals with pool and breakfast til midday very girl friendly, smack in the centre of the nightlife with baht bus on tap.

Both good value.

Take a look at the Sabai lodge and house around  soi 2 , a bit further away but a lot of hotel for your money. You can actually think you were on a real holiday up there when the mood took

I think Sabai Lodge is probably one of the best value places around, if you don't mind being up on Soi 2.

A shame the wi-fi isn't better though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just beware that if you're coming during high season everything decent will be booked. There are a ton of hotel reports. That's how I found where I'm staying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"The quantity demanded for Thai pussy equals the function of the price of Thai pussy, income and the price of other goods and services."
http://pattayatravelblog.com/thai-pussy-economics

CountdownClockCodes.com

I usually go for cheap hotels via Expedia where I use other discounts to book. Prefer to stay at hotel which is probably cleaner, with room service and a more holiday feel. Maybe slightly more than the guest houses, but it's probably worth with comparison to the money exchange.

• 8 months later...

Being a frequent traveler I've used a large number of booking sites & find Agoda is generally the best as they often offer great deals a few weeks out but most of all you can collect points for your favourite airline which in itself is not unusual however you also get Agoda points so it's a double dip if you like. It's the only hotel booking site I know of that does does this. The Agoda points mount up pretty quickly & I then use them for free stays in various parts of SE Asia & have saved myself a fortune as a result. Last time I was in LOS I stayed in a suite for 6 days at the Intimate hotel all paid on points. My bill at the end was for food only.

Archived