IGNORED

WTF! £77 tickets at liverpool. FC

brum-steve

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the £120million advance from FSG to build the new Main Stand. This massive undertaking was made in order to provide more supporters access to Anfield and also to produce additional revenue to help us compete financially with clubs that have greater resources.

A direct link between ticket revenues and player quality?

Wages have no influence on ticket prices.

Dortmund protesting last night about 19 euro tickets

I saw this on Sky Sports last night - their fans were chucking tennis balls onto the pitch as a protest.

Not read all this but think about Wayne Rooneys wages of £300k a week , that's what 15 million a year and the ticket prices at Liverpool .

Well arsenal are more expensive .

Now think about this floyd mayweather earns over $50M a year and last time I was in Vegas , 2006 and tickets to see the fight started at $1000 each .

It's not right what these greedy clubs and players want , I blame sky sports tho .

But money in football is no way near that of other sports , ie boxing / f1.

Ffs it's £22 to watch Lincoln City , which are shit .

Look at that £77 a just a short time with a hot gogo about the same length of time entertainment . Things go up except for wages in the uk .

I'm still earning half what I was earning in 2006 [emoji106]

A very reasonable response from FSG, the response confirmed everything I said in this thread, with the exception of dropping the mooted £77 ticket  back down to £59, I thought they may only go down a bit on that but I'm glad that they took it further, unlike the glazers and the previous owners they listened :GoldenSmile1:

the response confirmed everything I said in this thread,

You sure bro?

Interesting point and we have in fact seen these actions before from various clubs at various times, it might even work with the smaller clubs, but the Man UTD and Liverpools, etc have such massive fan bases that those seats will always be filled, the Liverpool Echo comments section at the moment has a number of folk commenting "then don't go I'll have your ticket" or If you don't buy a ticket that just means I might be able to get one, etc

Look at the past situation with Man UTD and the Glazers, nothing really changed there despite the impassioned actions of the fans.

Now all that said in fairness to your point, FSG have gone on record as being "Shocked" at the size of the protest and are said to be having a discussion so there is a bit of a wait and see going on and I suspect that what will happen is that they will offer a compromise by Keeping the £77 tickets at that price and offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise.

You sure bro?

Very specious use of highlighting there as i was responding to the comments you made whereby you said

The fans would stop attending, walk outs, demonstrations, season tickets being thrown on the pitch and lots of negative media.  Which businesses thus shareholders hate.

Brand loyalty only goes so far if the consumer feels they are being ripped of.

Don't be fooled into thinking the board hold all the cards over the fans. You can still support Derby without actually going to the matches or giving the club any money ;)

Also I admitted that they went further than I thought when they dropped the £77 mooted price back to £59,.

You were talking like football fans see their clubs like Coke or Pepsi fans see their drink choices, So yeah I am sure thanks for trying to misrepresent what I said by the way.

and offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise.

Dude, the whole thread is about the £77 ticket price, you said the actions of the fans wouldn't change anything and you were completely wrong.

You then went on to say "the response confirmed everything I said in this thread".

Where have I misrepresented you?

I saw this on Sky Sports last night - their fans were chucking tennis balls onto the pitch as a protest.

And entered the ground 20 mins after kick off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35464102

Dude, the whole thread is about the £77 ticket price, you said the actions of the fans wouldn't change anything and you were completely wrong.

You then went on to say "the response confirmed everything I said in this thread".

Where have I misrepresented you?

I said no such thing, I put forward ALL the facts for full disclosure and put forth my opinion that FSG would be

offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise.

Does that sound like i said it would make no difference? I then admitted after reading Lloydies link in post #79 that they went further with the £77 mooted price, so there you go that is how you have misrepresented me.

It's all recorded!

Interesting point and we have in fact seen these actions before from various clubs at various times, it might even work with the smaller clubs, but the Man UTD and Liverpools, etc have such massive fan bases that those seats will always be filled, the Liverpool Echo comments section at the moment has a number of folk commenting "then don't go I'll have your ticket" or If you don't buy a ticket that just means I might be able to get one, etc

Look at the past situation with Man UTD and the Glazers, nothing really changed there despite the impassioned actions of the fans.

Now all that said in fairness to your point, FSG have gone on record as being "Shocked" at the size of the protest and are said to be having a discussion so there is a bit of a wait and see going on and I suspect that what will happen is that they will offer a compromise by Keeping the £77 tickets at that price and offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise.

the response confirmed everything I said in this thread,

Do you not understand you cannot be wrong about fans protest causing the ticket price to be dropped and still be right about everything you said?

The thread is only about the ticket price and fans protest.

You said the actions of the fans wouldn't drop the price but it turned out the opposite was true.

This means you were wrong!

It's all recorded!

Yes I know, thanks for stating the obvious, I have already answered your bulls##t post, you putting it up again changes nothing, you are a person who refuses (cowardice) to state his nationality  when discussing other countries and their policies and act like you know about football as a fan yet you speak of fans as if they are the same type people who enjoy one brand of cola over another, which is why I answered you the way I did. Hence the first paragraph. Those seats at Man UTD and Liverpool will always be filled, so many fans are out there waiting years for season tickets. If FSG had not been reasonable which I suggested they would hence what i said in bold, sure there would have been more disruption but it would not have harmed season ticket sales.

I'll repeat again offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise. Is me saying they will do nothing? are you for real?

How arrogant are you to state that I said FSG would do nothing with that comment above in the same paragraph, and to take my reply to a different statement from you out of context of the whole discussion, whereby you stated a number of allusions that a fan would not make, how much changed since chants of “Die Glazer Die” that accompanied protests around Old Trafford 10 years ago? If FSG had not wanted to do anything the same scenario would have played out, but I did not say FSG would not change I said those seats would always be filled, like they are at UTD because for every one person at both these teams who say "I ain't buying a season ticket next season!" there are at least 10 who have been waiting for years, you cannot even get on the waiting list as it is closed, a real fan would know that and know why I said those seats will always be filled.

Archived