IGNORED

WTF! £77 tickets at liverpool. FC

brum-steve

You'll change your tune when Comrade Sanders is your President :D

He has my vote, but alas, don't think he will get Demo nomination.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hudds town of course,a famous old club whos best years were long ago!

vimto I realised who you supported as soon as I posted the question.

Actually a ground I have never been to maybe one day we will get a cup draw.

All I'm saying is the media sold this story as being the tickets are going up to £77 a ticket in the media, no nuance to the story.

As I have pointed out, the reality is there are more seats in the increased capacity stadium paid for by FSG with an interest free loan of 100 million pound and the increase to £77 is for only 6 games and only 200 seats in a stadium that now has 8,500 more seats, hardly greedier than before now is it?

With the amount of TV money coming in there should be no increases on any of the seats.

Are you even a football fan?

Our fans just got an improved stadium, with 8,500 more seats so more fans can actually get a ticket, try getting one yourself it is hard, do you know how long the waiting list is? supply is that much less than demand, the owners forked out a 100 million pounds and are not asking for any interest on the loan, have not took a penny out of the club, paid all the debts  it's previous owners incurred and invested in new players and staff, but the media story is about an irrelevant rise that affects none of the existing ticket holding fans.

The season ticket holders that might pay the extra £160, (taking the ticket to £1029 i think) are actually NOT the average working class fans, their ticket prices are lower or the same, 64% of season ticket prices have decreased or been frozen, this walkout only harmed us, not least because it was based on a premise that was misrepresented in the media and made to look worse than it was. Looking at this in the guardian all you get is that the tickets in the main stand are going up from £59 to £77, no mention of 6 games or 200 seats, etc no hint of the 64% of season tickets being less or the same, this season's prices on the Kop, the traditional home of the hardcore Liverpool fan will be cheaper next year, 45% of match day tickets will see a price decrease next season Also the layout is changed so if you have a season ticket you might want to look at the new plans.

There will also be a special scheme for 17-21 year olds - plus a plan involving Merseyside schools to give more than a thousand free tickets a season to local pupils as rewards for good behavior, attainment and attendance.

Hi Mr Henry. Can you sort Lloydies out with some complimentary tickets

I agree, there should not be an increase, that was not something I advocated, I simply put forward all the facts that were missing from the mainstream media, and from this thread itself, as no one else looked to be doing it, for full disclosure and to show the reality rather than just the one fact, I put up all the facts, because of this it is assumed I support the 6 game 200 seat price rise, I do not I simply support knowing all the facts.

All I'm saying is the media sold this story as being the tickets are going up to £77 a ticket in the media, no nuance to the story.

As I have pointed out, the reality is there are more seats in the increased capacity stadium paid for by FSG with an interest free loan of 100 million pound and the increase to £77 is for only 6 games and only 200 seats in a stadium that now has 8,500 more seats, hardly greedier than before now is it?

Reading your comments I see you have added some balanced facts to the debate but the £77 per ticket is the catalyst for the protests as fans are angry at the general level of pricing and how they are treated like mug punters.  I refuse to purchase food, drinks or programmes as they are overpriced.

Explore the cost of tickets for away fans and you will see some clubs like United charge £46.

I remember a few years ago Man City fans refused to go to Arsenal away due to pricing and Liverpool also did the same at Hull.  The effect was minimal but help raise awareness.

Another example would be Arsenal v Leicester kick off time being changed with only 23 day’s notice. While I appreciate that Sky call the shots it’s hardly fair on fans who purchase train tickets in advance to save money on what will be an expensive day.

Leicester fans have claimed that they will protest be spending the first 5 minutes in the concourse.

Bayern Munich also staged a protest at Arsenal during a champions league game after being asked to pay a stupid entrance fee.

Something needs to change.

Reading your comments I see you have added some balanced facts to the debate but the £77 per ticket is the catalyst for the protests as fans are angry at the general level of pricing and how they are treated like mug punters.  I refuse to purchase food, drinks or programmes as they are overpriced.

The fans have been non to pleased with the prices for a long time, myself included, I think your right that £77 price and also the fact that for the first time a season ticket option was going to be over £1000 for the first time ever were catalysts.

Explore the cost of tickets for away fans and you will see some clubs like United charge £46.

As i show in an earlier post UTD earn more than twice the revenue from ticket sales than do Liverpool, so we are not the only club  with pricing issues. It is a very sad reality.

I remember a few years ago Man City fans refused to go to Arsenal away due to pricing and Liverpool also did the same at Hull.  The effect was minimal but help raise awareness.

I posted what i thought would be the response by FSG based on what I have seen in previous scenarios like those you mention above, I think that despite the furore they will either keep the price on those tickets and offer the deal I mentioned or go to £75 or some such, I cannot see them completely  ignoring the fans as previous owners here and elsewhere have, but I could be wrong and I will wait and see.

Another example would be Arsenal v Leicester kick off time being changed with only 23 day’s notice. While I appreciate that Sky call the shots it’s hardly fair on fans who purchase train tickets in advance to save money on what will be an expensive day.

There are quite a few examples of this type of thing, another peeve of mine is when you get 3 games over a short period of time.

Leicester fans have claimed that they will protest be spending the first 5 minutes in the concourse.

Hadn't read that, interesting.

Bayern Munich also staged a protest at Arsenal during a champions league game after being asked to pay a stupid entrance fee.

That's probably because Germans have much cheaper seats to stand at Bayern it costs just over £104.48 PER SEASON, with the most expensive season ticket seat priced at £561.

Something needs to change.

Would love to see some change too, can it occur?

vimto I realised who you supported as soon as I posted the question.

Actually a ground I have never been to maybe one day we will get a cup draw.

12th december 1999 was the last time we met,a 3rd round FA cup game at our place Liverpool won 2-0,matteo and camara were your scorers.We actually played well despite the scoreline and as is often the case against premiership opposition,if you dont take your chances you get punished,and thats what duly happened!

Our paths haven`t crossed since!

Watching live football certainly seems to be an affluent person's hobby these days. When I think back to the early 80's, not long after I'd left school, one of my friends would ask "You coming to the Arsenal today?"; I'd tap my pocket and if it jingled that meant I had change and could afford to go. (1.50 for the underground and 3.50 to get into the North Bank). I wonder what that works out as in today's money?

Of course it was stands back then but even if it was 55,000 against Liverpool the odds are that you could get in just by turning up on the day (bit of a 'bundle' to get in though). It really amazes me how far it's gone from being a 'working man's' game.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Watching live football certainly seems to be an affluent person's hobby these days. When I think back to the early 80's, not long after I'd left school, one of my friends would ask "You coming to the Arsenal today?"; I'd tap my pocket and if it jingled that meant I had change and could afford to go. (1.50 for the underground and 3.50 to get into the North Bank). I wonder what that works out as in today's money?

Of course it was stands back then but even if it was 55,000 against Liverpool the odds are that you could get in just by turning up on the day (bit of a 'bundle' to get in though). It really amazes me how far it's gone from being a 'working man's' game.

Pretty similar story with me to, I could use my money from working before school,  which was a pittance, to buy a ticket for the Kop or even to get a train to travel.

Liverpool expect to generate an extra £20m per season from the new main stand at Anfield and will fund the £114m cost of the project with an interest-free loan from Fenway Sports Group, the club’s owners.

Ah yes you're right ....i read it too quickly

Fa cup replay tonight. I hope i can illegally stream it from somewhere 55

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty similar story with me to, I could use my money from working before school,  which was a pittance, to buy a ticket for the Kop or even to get a train to travel.

I think that there might be a price for them to pay in the future for putting ticket prices beyond the reach of most young people. Perhaps the new generation will just think of football as something that only happens on TV and computer games? How are they going to 'hook' them for the future when maybe they will be able to afford to go?

I think the only way we are going to get more reasonable priced tickets for matches is if the TV companies put pressure on the clubs. These ticket prices are making stadiums end up like libraries full of day trippers and older supporters who don't generate much crowd noise which the TV companies need to sell their "exciting" product.

Fake crowd noise has already been used by Swiss broadcasters, including in a game involving Liverpool in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure there has been some of this going on in American football also.

Touchy subject at Liverpool but if it was possible to turn the Kop into Safe standing that might increase atmosphere and allow lower ticket prices.

I think that there might be a price for them to pay in the future for putting ticket prices beyond the reach of most young people. Perhaps the new generation will just think of football as something that only happens on TV and computer games? How are they going to 'hook' them for the future when maybe they will be able to afford to go?

I totally agree, hence my post asking how much next season, then the next season.

Even watching a game on TV i still want atmosphere 

Ah yes you're right ....i read it too quickly

Fa cup replay tonight. I hope i can illegally stream it from somewhere 55

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have got it free on BT Sports 

Actually I just remembered that in the early 80's I used to be able to afford to follow 2 top division clubs as well as England home games. I'd follow Arsenal as my main team and Watford as my local team, at least 7 or 8 games each per season. I don't live far from Wembley so I would go to most of England's home matches as well.

It's not just the expense these days it's the convenience factor as well. You didn't need to be a member to book tickets, you could just turn up on the day. All these regulations, are the fans any better off for them? I think that Hillsborough changed a lot, certainly it was the end of the 'stands' system but all the Sky TV type deals have changed the economics of the game and guess who has to pay for it all? Amazing isn't it that as soon as a system becomes more complicated it also becomes more expensive, a bit like the multi-tier bar fine systems that some Go Go's are now running.

Actually I just remembered that in the early 80's I used to be able to afford to follow 2 top division clubs as well as England home games. I'd follow Arsenal as my main team and Watford as my local team, at least 7 or 8 games each per season. I don't live far from Wembley so I would go to most of England's home matches as well.

It's not just the expense these days it's the convenience factor as well. You didn't need to be a member to book tickets, you could just turn up on the day. All these regulations, are the fans any better off for them? I think that Hillsborough changed a lot, certainly it was the end of the 'stands' system but all the Sky TV type deals have changed the economics of the game and guess who has to pay for it all? Amazing isn't it that as soon as a system becomes more complicated it also becomes more expensive, a bit like the multi-tier bar fine systems that some Go Go's are now running.

Before I was old enough to go alone my cousin used to take me various grounds around London & up to Liverpool.

I remember one day (a Bank Holiday I believe) when we went to Highbury for a lunchtime kick off and then to Upton Park for a 3pm kick off.

I also saw Liverpool lift the European Cup at Wembley in 78 as a 9 year old

ticket prices should be down across the board for all fans to enjoy the game.  The money in the game now is just silly it should be time to give back after all the fans have kept many teams going over the years when the clubs ran themselves into the ground.

I find it hard to watch my once loved team play now due to the fact most of the team are running around with frosted tips and highlights and spend more time on non football shit and give 0 fucks when they play and still get 100k a week and if another player even thinks of tackling them they are down and out for a month... no contact needed games a joke now.

Archived