Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WTF! £77 tickets at liverpool. FC

brum-steve

One of the main reasons the walkout situation occurred was simply a lack of communication, the fans had to read about this in the press and a bit of forewarning from the club, maybe when the improvements were planned along with a concise summary would have prevented this.

Now the papers have a wee bit to answer for here on how they sold this £77 ticket "Scandal" as the full news is as follows:

200 tickets offered in the new stand (increased capacity, remember) will cost £77 but only for 6 games and that some season tickets will therefore see a raise of £160 meaning a £1000 season ticket price for some small amount of tickets.

The papers failed for the most part to mention price decreases or freezes for 45 percent of match tickets and 64 percent of season tickets, as well as various initiatives and discounts for local and young fans.

The cost of the expanded Main Stand was met by FSG. It cost £100 million and it came interest-free, FSG have yet to take  a penny out of Liverpool football club

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use to go home & away and all over Europe, also done the same with England and got as far as Japan.

Then I moved to Thailand for 6 years, now I am back it is such a pain to get tickets that I only go every now and then but I couldn't afford every game now and 3 months a year in Thailand so I have to make choices.

Plus with kids you have to prioritise things and also make sacrifices.

Shit that makes me sound nearly mature

Season ticket holder for 30 years but never been fortunate to watch my team in Europe,although i`ve been abroad with England,not often though!Ive done more than my fair share of travelling to away games,used to do 40 or 50 odd games a season but pick and choose away games now,mainly grounds i haven`t been to which is very few indeed,although with new grounds being built all the time its getting increasingly hard to do the full set,Anfield is actually one of the grounds i`ve never been to.

Thing is for many fans following their club is away of life,its difficult just to stop going,nomatter how much we whinge and moan about our teams and the prices.We all have our weaknesses and for many blokes its football.....sad to some people i know, but its true!

I understand vimto, for many it's their source of joy and belonging, nothing wrong with sport, it's just the commercialization that ruins it.

I sometimes blow my money on computer upgrades, same Poison different name.

I understand vimto, for many it's their source of joy and belonging, nothing wrong with sport, it's just the commercialization that ruins it.

I sometimes blow my money on computer upgrades, same poison different name.

Yes Eastboy we all have our foibles,yours is your computer nothing wrong with that,some people spend lots on the latest camera equipment,or hi-fi gear,its their interest/hobby so who are we to argue!

FSG have yet to take  a penny out of Liverpool football club

How many pennies have the players taken out of the club over the same time period?

We keep hearing the players are supposed to be role models for the kids. Is greedy bastard the new standard?

Season ticket holder for 30 years but never been fortunate to watch my team in Europe,although i`ve been abroad with England,not often though!Ive done more than my fair share of travelling to away games,used to do 40 or 50 odd games a season but pick and choose away games now,mainly grounds i haven`t been to which is very few indeed,although with new grounds being built all the time its getting increasingly hard to do the full set,Anfield is actually one of the grounds i`ve never been to.

Who do you follow?

One of the main reasons the walkout situation occurred was simply a lack of communication, the fans had to read about this in the press and a bit of forewarning from the club, maybe when the improvements were planned along with a concise summary would have prevented this.

Now the papers have a wee bit to answer for here on how they sold this £77 ticket "Scandal" as the full news is as follows:

200 tickets offered in the new stand (increased capacity, remember) will cost £77 but only for 6 games and that some season tickets will therefore see a raise of £160 meaning a £1000 season ticket price for some small amount of tickets.

The papers failed for the most part to mention price decreases or freezes for 45 percent of match tickets and 64 percent of season tickets, as well as various initiatives and discounts for local and young fans.

The cost of the expanded Main Stand was met by FSG. It cost £100 million and it came interest-free, FSG have yet to take  a penny out of Liverpool football club

The kids cant buy a ticket, they have to accompanied by an adult.

Then how much the following season, with the big tv money starting in august there should no need for price increases  

Who do you follow?

Seriously! :o

Hudds town of course,a famous old club whos best years were long ago!

Same style as expensive GG Patts. who can pay the crazy prices they pay. It's a business and big money going into the pockets of greedy people.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

How many pennies have the players taken out of the club over the same time period?

We keep hearing the players are supposed to be role models for the kids. Is greedy bastard the new standard?

There's nothing "New" about that standard, some earn for a week the kind of wage your average person could not earn in 10 years of hard graft, we all know that, does that make them less a role model? do they even want to be a role model? how many kids see these wages and aspire to earn that kind of money, this goes for all competitive sports worldwide, not just football.

Yes a long time ago it was "All about the game" not the money, but sports has always been the poor mans chance at riches and fame, because the system ain't set up for the average Jack or Jill to earn Corporate Bank Director, or nepotistic Quango management money, etc.

The kids cant buy a ticket, they have to accompanied by an adult.

Then how much the following season, with the big tv money starting in august there should no need for price increases  

All I'm saying is the media sold this story as being the tickets are going up to £77 a ticket in the media, no nuance to the story.

As I have pointed out, the reality is there are more seats in the increased capacity stadium paid for by FSG with an interest free loan of 100 million pound and the increase to £77 is for only 6 games and only 200 seats in a stadium that now has 8,500 more seats, hardly greedier than before now is it?

You're looking at the ticket prices the wrong way.  Player salaries do not effect ticket prices.  Ticket prices effect player salaries.  Ticket prices are set (at least in the US) to maximize revenue, nothing else.  Obviously things work differently in Europe as you all are a bunch of commies when it comes to football. So you have to factor in bullshit political idealism to the ticket price to not price out people on welfare.  And we ain't talking about immigrants.

You're looking at the ticket prices the wrong way.  Player salaries do not effect ticket prices.  Ticket prices effect player salaries.  Ticket prices are set (at least in the US) to maximize revenue, nothing else.  Obviously things work differently in Europe as you all are a bunch of commies when it comes to football. So you have to factor in bullshit political idealism to the ticket price to not price out people on welfare.  And we ain't talking about immigrants.

You'll change your tune when Comrade Sanders is your President :D

All I'm saying is the media sold this story as being the tickets are going up to £77 a ticket in the media, no nuance to the story.

As I have pointed out, the reality is there are more seats in the increased capacity stadium paid for by FSG with an interest free loan of 100 million pound and the increase to £77 is for only 6 games and only 200 seats in a stadium that now has 8,500 more seats, hardly greedier than before now is it?

Redevelopment of the ground was one of their promises when acquiring the club  

With the huge new TV deal no premiership club should be increasing any of their ticket prices, even if they are few number.

Well done the LFC supporters for shaming them, the walkout has probably cost the owners millions in negative publicity and obviously a huge amount more than their proposed few ticket price increases.

When people simply say "No, this is wrong" and make a public demonstration of their feelings its effective.

Far too many "Well they will do whatever like and there's no point saying anything and nothing I can do about it" people around that allow shit to happen.

Acquiescence is acceptance and really its a form of encouragement to those who want to exploit and suppress us to further their own self interests at our own obvious expense.   

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Redevelopment of the ground was one of their promises when acquiring the club  

And?

I am a life long Liverpool fan, I was lucky enough to be able to go watch them regularly during their heyday at home and away and at Wembley too, stopped going so I could put away enough money to buy my house, nowadays I like to save my money and go to Pattaya twice a year instead, as has been mentioned it is a bit too expensive overall nowadays for being a working class sport but no one now paying for a ticket next season is going to be affected by 200 out of an EXTRA 8,500 seats being more expensive.

With the huge new TV deal no premiership club should be increasing any of their ticket prices, even if they are few number.

Well done the LFC supporters for shaming them, the walkout has probably cost the owners millions in negative publicity and obviously a huge amount more than their proposed few ticket price increases.

When people simply say "No, this is wrong" and make a public demonstration of their feelings its effective.

Far too many "Well they will do whatever like and there's no point saying anything and nothing I can do about it" people around that allow shit to happen.

Acquiescence is acceptance and really its a form of encouragement to those who want to exploit and suppress us to further their own self interests at our own obvious expense.   

Are you even a football fan?

Our fans just got an improved stadium, with 8,500 more seats so more fans can actually get a ticket, try getting one yourself it is hard, do you know how long the waiting list is? supply is that much less than demand, the owners forked out a 100 million pounds and are not asking for any interest on the loan, have not took a penny out of the club, paid all the debts  it's previous owners incurred and invested in new players and staff, but the media story is about an irrelevant rise that affects none of the existing ticket holding fans.

The season ticket holders that might pay the extra £160, (taking the ticket to £1029 i think) are actually NOT the average working class fans, their ticket prices are lower or the same, 64% of season ticket prices have decreased or been frozen, this walkout only harmed us, not least because it was based on a premise that was misrepresented in the media and made to look worse than it was. Looking at this in the guardian all you get is that the tickets in the main stand are going up from £59 to £77, no mention of 6 games or 200 seats, etc no hint of the 64% of season tickets being less or the same, this season's prices on the Kop, the traditional home of the hardcore Liverpool fan will be cheaper next year, 45% of match day tickets will see a price decrease next season Also the layout is changed so if you have a season ticket you might want to look at the new plans.

There will also be a special scheme for 17-21 year olds - plus a plan involving Merseyside schools to give more than a thousand free tickets a season to local pupils as rewards for good behavior, attainment and attendance.

Are you even a football fan?

Our fans just got an improved stadium, with 8,500 more seats so more fans can actually get a ticket, try getting one yourself it is hard, do you know how long the waiting list is? supply is that much less than demand, the owners forked out a 100 million pounds and are not asking for any interest on the loan, have not took a penny out of the club, paid all the debts  it's previous owners incurred and invested in new players and staff, but the media story is about an irrelevant rise that affects none of the existing ticket holding fans.

The season ticket holders that might pay the extra £160, (taking the ticket to £1029 i think) are actually NOT the average working class fans, their ticket prices are lower or the same, 64% of season ticket prices have decreased or been frozen, this walkout only harmed us, not least because it was based on a premise that was misrepresented in the media and made to look worse than it was. Looking at this in the guardian all you get is that the tickets in the main stand are going up from £59 to £77, no mention of 6 games or 200 seats, etc no hint of the 64% of season tickets being less or the same, this season's prices on the Kop, the traditional home of the hardcore Liverpool fan will be cheaper next year, 45% of match day tickets will see a price decrease next season Also the layout is changed so if you have a season ticket you might want to look at the new plans.

There will also be a special scheme for 17-21 year olds - plus a plan involving Merseyside schools to give more than a thousand free tickets a season to local pupils as rewards for good behavior, attainment and attendance.

Yes I am a football fan

The business plan for the stadium was not based on the vastly increased TV money, its simply a bonus for the owners but obviously not for the people who pay to go through the turnstiles.

Defend the indefensible if you wish but many of your fellow LFC supporters actively didnt, don't, and are joined by not only many of your ex players media and other football fans throughout the country.

This was simply a case of "We have now got more money in the right pocket lets get more in the left one"

Could be I'm wrong of course and that all those LFC fans who walked out in protest were as well and also................well you get the drift.

More walkouts scheduled unless they scrap the price increases.

Are the fans wrong, if so "Let them eat cake" perhaps ?

Very poor business decision made by people who certainly are "Not football fans"

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Read this......

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/response-to-lfc-ticket-prices

Clearly the 'ticket working group' got a bit pissed because they are not as important as they perceived themselves to have been. So lets stage a walk out!

For BM Insider - it mentions the loan terms too. Doesn't suggest interest free - i did just scan read it so i might be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buy shite, raise prices and exploit the brand. Thats all American owners are interested in. The Boston mob are no different. And before someone says the team has to be successful well that isnt true. Liverpool are shite and always will be but they are still a massive club regardless

Read this......

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/response-to-lfc-ticket-prices

Clearly the 'ticket working group' got a bit pissed because they are not as important as they perceived themselves to have been. So lets stage a walk out!

For BM Insider - it mentions the loan terms too. Doesn't suggest interest free - i did just scan read it so i might be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

Liverpool expect to generate an extra £20m per season from the new main stand at Anfield and will fund the £114m cost of the project with an interest-free loan from Fenway Sports Group, the club’s owners.

Liverpool earned £45m from match-day revenue during the 2012-13 season, the last for which full Premier League accounts have been disclosed, compared to Manchester United’s £109m, Arsenal’s £93m and £71m at Chelsea.

Yes I am a football fan

Who do you support?

The business plan for the stadium was not based on the vastly increased TV money, its simply a bonus for the owners but obviously not for the people who pay to go through the turnstiles.

So you were privy to the owners plans? The new TV deal has been known about and talked about way, way in advance, no one was surprised by it, so actually it probably was considered.

Defend the indefensible if you wish but many of your fellow LFC supporters actively didnt, don't, and are joined by not only many of your ex players media and other football fans throughout the country.

I'm not defending the indefensible at all, just pointing out the reality of the situation, that reality which as I repeatedly mention was ignored by the main stream media, when all they printed was that "Ticket prices are going up to £77".

This was simply a case of "We have now got more money in the right pocket lets get more in the left one"

Possibly your right, they are here to make a profit and so far have done nothing more than pour money into their investment.

Could be I'm wrong of course and that all those LFC fans who walked out in protest were as well and also................well you get the drift.

And at least 3 quarters did not walk out.... get the drift?

More walkouts scheduled unless they scrap the price increases.

Possibly so, that's why my original very first reply stated that I thought further concessions would be offered.

Are the fans wrong, if so "Let them eat cake" perhaps ?

Please... what a tired trope, are all those who walked out cognizant of the full nuances of the case? Are you saying the vast majority of fans who did not walk out  are lesser fans and traitorous for not doing so?

Very poor business decision made by people who certainly are "Not football fans"

The decision to not make clear the proposals direct to the fans, instead letting the mainstream media and it's simplistic reporting inform everyone first... that was poor on FSG's part.

Archived