Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WTF! £77 tickets at liverpool. FC

brum-steve

Liverpool FC are introducing a ticket price of £77 next season!! How can us working class people afford these inflated prices?? What's your thought??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

working and Liverpool in the same sentence, are you sure?

TATA make range rovers there in the old Ford plant at Halewood, so yes, some people do work ...

Many don't though, although there's always enough money to go round.

My credentials ... born in knotty ash ....

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

Value for money. Milner and Henderson run around a lot

Not necessarily in the right direction. I stopped going to Anfield when it went up from a fiver and we had a good team then

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Chelsea were charging £82 against United yesterday for thier best seats.

Unfortunately most owners don't care about fans as they just want to charge the highest prices possible and make a profit. Just look at FSG's presentation which was released on their website with the headline "turning fans into customers", says it all really.

Arsenal generates £3m per home game and it always sells out - so there is no incentive to reduce prices as its simple supply and demand.

I know Spurs fans have been complaining about their relationship with Stubhub and that there should be a price limit on the resale via secondary sellers.  They also have a massive season ticket waiting list so fans have no choice but to renew their seats or risk potentially waiting many years for a season ticket.

I respect the Liverpool fans who will probably be the only fans to make such a statement. I look forward to their next step of action.

It's out of control. Rooney's wages are £300,000 per week ffs.

It would solve a lot of problems all round with the game if they could somehow enforce a limit on the combined value of registered players at a club.

Would need to be enforced worldwide for it to work properly.

It's out of control. Rooney's wages are £300,000 per week ffs.

It would solve a lot of problems all round with the game if they could somehow enforce a limit on the combined value of registered players at a club.

Would need to be enforced worldwide for it to work properly.

Agree,its disgusting.I dont know how some of theses players can look people in the eye.Whenever ludicrously high wages are mentioned somebody always retorts with`well they`re getting it while they can and you`d do the same`which is correct of course,but it dosnt make it right,although i admire and enjoy watching good players,i lost respect for many of them long ago!

Liverpool FC are introducing a ticket price of £77 next season!! How can us working class people afford these inflated prices?? What's your thought??

What's that in hubcaps?

It's out of control. Rooney's wages are £300,000 per week ffs.It would solve a lot of problems all round with the game if they could somehow enforce a limit on the combined value of registered players at a club.Would need to be enforced worldwide for it to work properly.

If wages were cut it would just mean more money for owners and shareholders. The savings wouldn't be passed on. Wages have no influence on ticket prices. Clubs now make so much money outside of match day they could afford to have sensible ticket pricing but they don't

If wages were cut it would just mean more money for owners and shareholders.

Clubs have always had owners and shareholders, but they've not always had inflated ticket prices.

If player wages were cut or limited the club would never be able to justify high ticket prices to fans, as the money spent on players would be a fraction of what it is now.

Wages have no influence on ticket prices.

Wages don't have influence on the price a business charges for it's products?

Even if an employee's wage might be as much as £300k per week?

You might want to revise that notion!

Clubs have always had owners and shareholders, but they've not always had inflated ticket prices.

If player wages were cut or limited the club would never be able to justify high ticket prices to fans, as the money spent on players would be a fraction of what it is now.

They don't try and justify them now, if wages dropped they would as capitalist businessmen say nothing in the way of justification other than the usual "Duty to shareholders" excuse.

Football is not your typical business, If my bank or utility provider hikes it's fee's I look elsewhere.

"The ticket price just went up I wonder which team has a lower ticket price? I know Derby does I now support Derby"  said no real footy fan ever.

That is what the 77 minute walk out was about.

Estimated over 10,000 walked out, I bet FSG didn't expect that.

Apparently they are reconsidering

They don't try and justify them now, if wages dropped they would as capitalist businessmen say nothing in the way of justification other than the usual "Duty to shareholders" excuse.

The ticket price just went up I wonder which team has a lower ticket price? I know Derby does I now support Derby"  said no real footy fan ever.

The fans would stop attending, walk outs, demonstrations, season tickets being thrown on the pitch and lots of negative media.  Which businesses thus shareholders hate.  Negative media effects the share price in a negative way ;)

Brand loyalty only goes so far if the consumer feels they are being ripped of.

Don't be fooled into thinking the board hold all the cards over the fans. You can still support Derby without actually going to the matches or giving the club any money ;)

The fans would stop attending, walk outs, demonstrations, season tickets being thrown on the pitch and lots of negative media.  Which businesses thus shareholders hate.

Brand loyalty only goes so far if the consumer feels they are being ripped of.

Don't be fooled into thinking the board hold all the cards over the fans. You can still support Derby without actually going to the matches or giving the club any money ;)

Interesting point and we have in fact seen these actions before from various clubs at various times, it might even work with the smaller clubs, but the Man UTD and Liverpools, etc have such massive fan bases that those seats will always be filled, the Liverpool Echo comments section at the moment has a number of folk commenting "then don't go I'll have your ticket" or If you don't buy a ticket that just means I might be able to get one, etc

Look at the past situation with Man UTD and the Glazers, nothing really changed there despite the impassioned actions of the fans.

Now all that said in fairness to your point, FSG have gone on record as being "Shocked" at the size of the protest and are said to be having a discussion so there is a bit of a wait and see going on and I suspect that what will happen is that they will offer a compromise by Keeping the £77 tickets at that price and offering to freeze prices on the lower priced tickets for 5 years and maybe offering a few , more moderately priced seats in the old stands at a fixed term lower price or some such compromise.

The single biggest reason why nothing changes is because people believe change is not possible.

Trust when I say if the Man U and Liverpool share price starts going through the floor, heads would roll at the highest level and ticket prices would drop overnight.

We've not even got round yet to all the other positives like players going to clubs because they want to pay for that club not because the club offered the most money or the fact it would give smaller clubs a better chance and make the league more competitive.

Or even that individuals would stop being paid the ridiculous sum of £300k per week just for playing football.

There is no down side.  The best counter argument I've heard so far for my suggestion is that things would stay the same?

Man Utd cut their wage bill over 30million. No sign of a decrease in ticket prices

The increase to £77 is needed to pay for Sturridge's rehab

£77 seems quite reasonable then

:SoWhat1:

For him it should be £177

Stop watching, stop paying.

Thing is for many fans following their club is away of life,its difficult just to stop going,nomatter how much we whinge and moan about our teams and the prices.We all have our weaknesses and for many blokes its football.....sad to some people i know, but its true!

Thing is for many fans following their club is away of life,its difficult just to stop going,nomatter how much we whinge and moan about our teams and the prices.We all have our weaknesses and for many blokes its football.....sad to some people i know, but its true!

I use to go home & away and all over Europe, also done the same with England and got as far as Japan.

Then I moved to Thailand for 6 years, now I am back it is such a pain to get tickets that I only go every now and then but I couldn't afford every game now and 3 months a year in Thailand so I have to make choices.

Plus with kids you have to prioritise things and also make sacrifices.

Shit that makes me sound nearly mature

Archived