IGNORED

Hotel without a reservation?

Maxl11111

What is the outlook to get a good hotel in Central Pattaya without doing a reservation at all?

I'm planning my first trip to patts in August and I am looking forward to it. :GrinNod1:  But since I'd like to spend some time in Bangkok first, I wonder if it is necessary to have a strict schedule when to change places. I don't need a lot of luxury, but I also don't want to end up in a moldy room on Soi 6. After searching a bit, I adjudged 24 7 Boutique to be a fine place. Is there a chance to get into and book a room instantly. And how about the prices then? Thanks!

August you'll be pretty safe to just walk in.

Plenty of rooms available around

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You can still use the Internet and hotel sites to book rooms. Just do it whenever your schedule is set and you know what date you plan to arrive. Should be able to book rooms in the morning for an afternoon arrival

There will be rooms available. As is often advised though, it's best to have something booked for your arrival (plus two days) and then once you're on the ground, look around.

You don't want to just have a taxi drop you off in the middle of Pattaya for the first time and then be walking around in the heat and humidity with your bags, walking to and fro into various hotels searching for 'a deal'.

Especially since once you get here, you're going to want to get down to business and not waste time dicking around with finding accommodations; especially since prices may be cheaper or not.  :Dunno:

Basically, once you're in Bangkok and then decide on which day you're coming to Pattaya; just book a hotel (for at least the first 2-3 days) and your taxi (see Travel & Transportation section) and come to town with no worry or apprehension on your mind.

If you have a "target date" book using the like of Booking.com, you pay on arrival and most hotels you can cancel or amend without penalty up to 24 hours in advance of your first night booked.

I see, so I don't have to worry to much about that. I think I'll just make a short list of my favourite hotels and check it out 2-3 days before coming in town. Some nice information here, thanks a lot!

Archived