IGNORED

18 Coins Hotel/Guesthouse

Doubleh

I've just booked 5 nights in Feb at 18 Coins hotel on Soi Buakho has anyone had any recent stays or experience there? Cheers 

best you don't read the replys u are likely to get

jan 29 070 (Custom).JPG

i assume u resisted the extra cheap option

jan 29 071 (Custom).JPG

Yes got a std 28m2 room, as tempting as it sounds I resisted filling an 8 bed dorm with TG's

Yes got a std 28m2 room, as tempting as it sounds I resisted filling an 8 bed dorm with TG's

I stayed Here a few years back. I think I paid 600 baht per night with a 10% discount for a monthly stay. The room was very small as was the shower room but I remember that the bed was comfy. A decent budget hotel in a great location.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

5 nights at a hostel? That's  like 1 round of drinks. The CCs salute you

Countdown Clocks

5 nights at a hostel? That's  like 1 round of drinks. The CCs salute you

they do have proper rooms and i even stayed there years ago when it first opened but as i remember it was a pretty small thing

The coffee in the Restaurant down stairs is crap..

Best coffee over the road below Sutus Court.

The restaurant has changed hands..

The old owner is over the road below Malzze Lodge.

The coffee is still crop.....555555555555

Thanks....I am only paying 522BHT a night for a standard room so Ill put up with it for 5 days, I'll hunt around for somewhere else to stay for the other 3 weeks if its crap, I like to move around anyway and I've never really found a good coffee in Thailand yet so Ill try Sutus Court for coffee

• 3 months later...

I just stayed there in December - it was actually pretty decent - room was big, bathroom was big, and nice flat screen tvs. only thing is that the wifi on the 4th floor was a bit wonky, but i just came downstairs and chilled in the restaurant drinking coffee, or eating breakfast, and used it there. enjoyed my stay, if i come back to pattaya i would stay there again. 

I just stayed there in December - it was actually pretty decent - room was big, bathroom was big, and nice flat screen tvs. only thing is that the wifi on the 4th floor was a bit wonky, but i just came downstairs and chilled in the restaurant drinking coffee, or eating breakfast, and used it there. enjoyed my stay, if i come back to pattaya i would stay there again.

?? Rabbits enjoy a bigger hutch.

I enjoyed my stay but the rooms, in estate agency speak, are compact

The room isn't bad for the price. The wifi was a bit spotty. If that's a concern for you, you may want to request a room close to the wireless routers mounted in the hallway. A few times I ended up sitting in the hallway so I could get a strong enough signal to send and receive some emails.

it is a long time since i stayed there but my initial impression was that the rooms were too small and too basic for anything other than a short stay.

i have not changed my opinion

Boomerang .

China Garden

English Rose

Metro Apartments

Hideaway

Retox 

Ive looked at all of these on this forums ,read reviews and  researched them , and think all would be good to outstanding .most have big rooms something I would want with a balcony.

Benjamit Coffee at the end of soi buakhao behind the markets before you turn right to tukcom has really good coffee. I go there everyday on my trips.

• 2 months later...

Noticed the restaurant has been shut down and cordoned off for a while now. The strange thing is that the service has improved

Who... May I ask would stay in those rabbit hatches in the dormitory section?

Obviously would be good in BKK with the backpackers but never seen many in Pattaya so who psys 300b a night to sleep in a cupboard??

Archived