IGNORED

casa pascal still best breakfast buffet?

nomadphilippines

I'll probably stay in Jomtien again on my next trip so will have to remember to try the Danmark.

I did eat there one evening last trip - rissoles & beetroot. It was a test of my very limited language skills reading the menu with no English on it :-)

The Soi was completely dead. I think I only saw 3 other farang.

I have no idea what it's like in the evening. I've only ever been there for breakfast and it is usually busy, especially in high season.

Honestly speaking I've tried this buffet on a few occasions the last time was in August... Plenty of food yes, but the quality was at best average and thats being extremely generous. Im in the catering trade, I'd be embarrassed to serve this. Tired salads, flat fizzy drinks, cheap fruit juices, greasy unappetising dishes in the warmers, the bacon/sausages woudnt get eaten by the homeless. I just can't understand the good reviews. The coffee was good though :)

Casa pascal for mains used to be my favourite place to eat in Pattaya. I've been easily 30 times over the years. Ive had some amazing dishes in there...sadly its now a shadow of its former self. Its always been pricey, I didn't mind that as the quality was right up there. But the last few times there's been that many faults it's no longer worth the price.

They used to do set menus which changed every fortnight. Now that set menu has barely changed in 4 years, almost like they've given up. The desserts the same story, and a slightly lesser extent the mains too.

I still go just to see if the old magic has returned but it's not happening. It used to be 4 visits in a fortnight, now it's just the once. I'm thinking 1 more fail then it's time to cut the ties.

I concur with most of what has been said in this thread about them. I went for the first time in late Dec/Early Jan and was totally unimpressed. Obviously the hype had me expecting something amazing and what I got was very low quality. The service was slow, especially around the BBQ, the bacon and suasages and salad were not great and the juice was almost undrinkable. The only saving grace was the croissants and bread. 

Will I be back? Probably not...when i'm on holidays its not so much the price but access to quality food. So there are plenty of other places I'll likely go from now on.

Considering all the favourable comments on the forum, I was actually a little disappointed with Cafe Pascal and only went the once during my trip.

I guess if you know all the made-to-order options that aren't on display then you can make more of it.

There was a reasonable number of items on display but the killer for me was them only having little bits of streaky bacon and mini-frankfurters instead of proper sausage, though I understand they do have sausages now? It also took ages for the bacon to be cooked for me - the lass didn't seem able to cope with too many orders at the same time!

The price has gone up since I went as well.

Sorry, I didn't try any other buffets during my last trip though I can recommend the Continental Bakery in Jomtien for a cooked breakfast and a range of other options on the menu and the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 for the 'full English' - though it depends which cook is on.

I, too, have been disappointed in Casa Pascal after eating there multiple times.

Instead I HIGHLY recommend the LK Empress hotel, breakfast buffet, 220B, 730-11am.

Photo below shows my plate on the day I went (July 4). The little bits of streaky were the ONLY bacon they had. There's no sausage on the plate as they ONLY had mini frankfurters, which I refuse to eat. The rosti, after having to wait 15 minutes for them to replenish the buffet, was VERY oily. I guess it's Ok If you really consider it a 'Continental' breakfast buffet, as the owner is (I believe) Swiss. It's just that I'm really looking for the 'full English'.

It was very nice having the choice of pastries, croissants etc and fruit & cheese - though no plain yoghurt.

The buffet runs from 8 until 2. You really can't use the excuse of it's the customer's fault for arriving at 11.30 or 12 if some items have run out!!!

Value for money is a subjective thing. If I'm paying around 180 baht for a set breakfast elsewhere (I know there are cheaper places) then an extra 70 baht to have the other options on the buffet is fine. Assuming they DO have back bacon and PROPER sausage.

I may try it again on my next trip. I'm not sure.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pascal is a Vietnamese who was adopted by a Swiss couple.

• 2 weeks later...

Pascal is a Vietnamese who was adopted by a Swiss couple.

Is that the excuse for the crap sausage & bacon or the reason they have good croissants?

• 2 weeks later...

Where is LK Express Hotel?

LK Empress (not: LK Express) is on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 12.

Archived