IGNORED

casa pascal still best breakfast buffet?

nomadphilippines

is casa pascal still considered one of the best breakfast buffets?

any others i should try?

been living in asia for 3 years, crossed the 250 girl mark a few weeks ago www.nomadphilippines.com

How I've MADE MONEY ONLINE for the last 10 years: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook/

26 page noobs guide to Angeles City Ebook: http://nomadphilippines.com/angeles-ebook/

For the price, no contest.

I don't know about luxury hotels which might let buy it as a visitor but they'd cost a lot more. 

Considering all the favourable comments on the forum, I was actually a little disappointed with Cafe Pascal and only went the once during my trip.

I guess if you know all the made-to-order options that aren't on display then you can make more of it.

There was a reasonable number of items on display but the killer for me was them only having little bits of streaky bacon and mini-frankfurters instead of proper sausage, though I understand they do have sausages now? It also took ages for the bacon to be cooked for me - the lass didn't seem able to cope with too many orders at the same time!

The price has gone up since I went as well.

Sorry, I didn't try any other buffets during my last trip though I can recommend the Continental Bakery in Jomtien for a cooked breakfast and a range of other options on the menu and the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 for the 'full English' - though it depends which cook is on.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If they have the best? I do not know, but it is good.

And you should try the dinner at Casa Pascal, that was great!

Casa Pascal tips:

1) ask for the free member card. Eat 8 times, your 9th is free.

2) ask the waitress to order and pickup your food from the outdoor BBQ. Give her a tip after. Tell her Pascal allows this (true).

3) from the kitchen, you can order fresh pancakes, waffles, coffee, and tea.

4) make sure you try their croissants. 

5) remove your belt.

wow 240 now....... and it sounds like its the same menu as 3 years ago when i last went

the croissants and waffles were the best part, thats not really worth 240

been living in asia for 3 years, crossed the 250 girl mark a few weeks ago www.nomadphilippines.com

How I've MADE MONEY ONLINE for the last 10 years: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook/

26 page noobs guide to Angeles City Ebook: http://nomadphilippines.com/angeles-ebook/

Sorry, I didn't try any other buffets during my last trip though I can recommend the Continental Bakery in Jomtien for a cooked breakfast and a range of other options on the menu and the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 for the 'full English' - though it depends which cook is on.

do you happen to know if either serve breakfast all day?

do you happen to know if either serve breakfast all day?

I'm fairly sure Continental does, I was there after 12 anyway, and almost certain P&W does.

In fact, P&W call it 'All Day Breakfast' :-)

wow 240 now...

Well it was 225,- in november'15 when i was there.

It's 15BHT increase, thats:

0,38 EUR

0,29 GBP

0,42 USD

0,38 EUR

0,29 GBP

0,42 USD

I believe it was 240 after tax.

I went my only time 1.5 years ago. It was ok.. Nothing special. I agree it is horrible how places try to pass the tiny weiners as a proper sausage!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

never liked the breakfast buffet, greasy stuff

dinners are great

Considering all the favourable comments on the forum, I was actually a little disappointed with Cafe Pascal and only went the once during my trip.

I guess if you know all the made-to-order options that aren't on display then you can make more of it.

There was a reasonable number of items on display but the killer for me was them only having little bits of streaky bacon and mini-frankfurters instead of proper sausage, though I understand they do have sausages now? It also took ages for the bacon to be cooked for me - the lass didn't seem able to cope with too many orders at the same time!

Me too.

Although one fan claimed that they do have proper back bacon and real sausages I have never heard confirmation from anyone else.

The croissants were the highlight.

Me too.

Although one fan claimed that they do have proper back bacon and real sausages I have never heard confirmation from anyone else.

The croissants were the highlight.

This fan has actually eaten "proper back bacon and real sausages" on every occasion I can recall.

It might be worth trying to get there earlier, rather than rolling-in around noon after some of the choicest elements have been consumed by me. I'm often one of the first there when I go and spend a few hours afterwards reading the news while drinking endless coffee and/or juices outside. However, the cigarettes I consume during that process I have to provide and pay for myself.

The price is currently B240.25. Just thought I'd mention the 25 Satang so some don't consider it a surprise price hike.

You can claim your discount at any time (currently in multiples of B22), you don't need to wait for a full breakfast's worth if you don't want to, or if you holiday is close to its end.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

I've been going to Casa Pascal for their brunch for several years and it's still nice enough.

Highlights are the croissants and bread and cold fish dishes, and the coffees. They also occasionally have some very tasty and unexpected things in the hot section but you cant tell what or when they will be. Presumably it depends on what ingredients they have to use up.

The salads used to be more interesting.

They do have two sorts of bacon, though I would call one of them a thin slice of pork loin rather than back bacon as such. The streaky bacon is quite salty, nearly too salty.

The juices are undrinkable.

I had "proper" sausage there once but it wasnt what I was expecting: very white and pale inside, more like a boudin blanc. I didnt like it. As the mini-frankfurter things are also not nice I simply dont bother looking at the sausage options any more.

So all in all it's still worth going to but I don't go nearly as often as I did a few years ago.

My favourite buffet breakfast these days would be hotel Danmark in Jomtien as the selection is much wider and more exciting there (but no croissants). 190B, closes at 12.

I'm fairly sure Continental does, I was there after 12 anyway, and almost certain P&W does.

In fact, P&W call it 'All Day Breakfast' :-)

thanks, appreciate it

0,38 EUR

0,29 GBP

0,42 USD

last time i was there it was only 185 which i thought was decent value but honestly not great as i didnt think anything was to exceptional except for the croissaints and waffles

like others i thought the bacon sucked, and the eggs were just kinda meh

even though the strong baht sure does make up for some of the price increase...... when looking at it from a value perspective most other places didnt have a 33% price increase in 3 years so they are now probably better value

You can claim your discount at any time (currently in multiples of B22), you don't need to wait for a full breakfast's worth if you don't want to, or if you holiday is close to its end.

now this is valuable info and i wish i had been told that before i left last time

i still have my card, the waiter told me it never expires, but when i just looked at it it clearly says expires after 2 years of first entry, and my entries were from 2013

do you think i would be able to use them?

Dropped in this morning, whilst not exactly western level standards it is by far the best bfast I've had in Pattaya since I arrived on Monday, the tropical juice is pretty much cordial juice but was fine and a nice sugar hit in the morn. The eggs (fried, scrambled, omelette) and bacon and chicken thighs and whatever else you want are cooked to order out front, rest of the buffet inside. Fresh fruit was great and cold (have not had cold fruit at bfast yet this week.

But those croissants! Wow, I'd just eat a dozen of those if it was possible lol

I'm ok with the 240.25 baht price until I can find a better one, but nothing I've seen or had yet compares

This fan has actually eaten "proper back bacon and real sausages" on every occasion I can recall.

It might be worth trying to get there earlier, rather than rolling-in around noon after some of the choicest elements have been consumed by me. I'm often one of the first there when I go and spend a few hours afterwards reading the news while drinking endless coffee and/or juices outside. However, the cigarettes I consume during that process I have to provide and pay for myself.

The price is currently B240.25. Just thought I'd mention the 25 Satang so some don't consider it a surprise price hike.

Photo below shows my plate on the day I went (July 4). The little bits of streaky were the ONLY bacon they had. There's no sausage on the plate as they ONLY had mini frankfurters, which I refuse to eat. The rosti, after having to wait 15 minutes for them to replenish the buffet, was VERY oily. I guess it's Ok If you really consider it a 'Continental' breakfast buffet, as the owner is (I believe) Swiss. It's just that I'm really looking for the 'full English'.

It was very nice having the choice of pastries, croissants etc and fruit & cheese - though no plain yoghurt.

The buffet runs from 8 until 2. You really can't use the excuse of it's the customer's fault for arriving at 11.30 or 12 if some items have run out!!!

Value for money is a subjective thing. If I'm paying around 180 baht for a set breakfast elsewhere (I know there are cheaper places) then an extra 70 baht to have the other options on the buffet is fine. Assuming they DO have back bacon and PROPER sausage.

I may try it again on my next trip. I'm not sure.

image.jpg

how much are the dinners here? rough price range?

how much are the dinners here? rough price range?

Link to my thread of dinner

Read post #389

I had the AUS Tenderloin 200gram it was either 790 or 890 for the steak.

Total was 2150BHT with Singha´s, redwine. dessert and a Mojito on top

Photo below shows my plate on the day I went (July 4). The little bits of streaky were the ONLY bacon they had. There's no sausage on the plate as they ONLY had mini frankfurters, which I refuse to eat. The rosti, after having to wait 15 minutes for them to replenish the buffet, was VERY oily. I guess it's Ok If you really consider it a 'Continental' breakfast buffet, as the owner is (I believe) Swiss. It's just that I'm really looking for the 'full English'.

It was very nice having the choice of pastries, croissants etc and fruit & cheese - though no plain yoghurt.

The buffet runs from 8 until 2. You really can't use the excuse of it's the customer's fault for arriving at 11.30 or 12 if some items have run out!!!

Value for money is a subjective thing. If I'm paying around 180 baht for a set breakfast elsewhere (I know there are cheaper places) then an extra 70 baht to have the other options on the buffet is fine. Assuming they DO have back bacon and PROPER sausage.

I may try it again on my next trip. I'm not sure.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

If you want real sausages, try out iRovers. Probably the best sausages I've had in Thailand. For 99 baht, the breakfast is filling. If still hungry, order another and you still got money left over!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've never been there without the choice of the streaky bacon you had (which I find very salty) or the "back" (which I think is more like a thin pork steak as I mentioned). So maybe you were unlucky.

Yes, occasionally things run out but they are usually quite prompt at replacing them. I certainly have never had cause to complain.

If you want a full English it is not the place to be by any stretch of the imagination, though they do often have baked beans and grilled tomatoes and so you can cobble together something very similar to a full English if you like, though it seems a shame. There are plenty of other places offering real full English BF in the area if that's what you want. Retox for one.

I accept the offering is not meant to be a 'full English' and does give a choice of a range of things. Perhaps I was expecting too much after the reviews I'd read on here.

Apart from bacon/sausage I really found other things no better than 'just OK' as well.

As I said, the rosti was so oily it was quite unpleasant. The choice of cheese and, especially, meats was very limited. No plain yoghurt to go with fruit only very sugary flavoured yoghurts. Service from The Grill was slow as was replenishment of the buffet.

The best part was probably the bread :-)

The place was far from full, though there were plenty of customers.

It was my first visit and I'm sure you'd get more out of it if you knew all the options available on-demand from the kitchen.

Order pancakes, omelette. Get some fruit and bread. Top up from the buffet.....

If you make the most of what's available then it's worth the 250 baht.

^^ I agree with most of that. Yes, the cheese is the cheapest possible as are the cold meats. Though it's actually a fair bit less than 250B if you take the discount into account, and part of what you paying for is the ambiance and the coffee (I think a coffee ordered on its own costs half the price of the buffet there!).

But you should try hotel Danmark in Jomtien. I prefer it over Casa Pascal these days for the reasons given. I think you may too. It's certainly a very different approach.

I'll probably stay in Jomtien again on my next trip so will have to remember to try the Danmark.

I did eat there one evening last trip - rissoles & beetroot. It was a test of my very limited language skills reading the menu with no English on it :-)

The Soi was completely dead. I think I only saw 3 other farang.

Archived