IGNORED

Where do you get your tourist visa?

thexman

I´ve read in some place it´s better not to apply to get the tourist visa at home. I don´t know the reason, but I guess it´s easiest in countries like Vietnam, Cambodia or Malasia.

In my country they ask for a confirmed reservation hotel for all the stay, and I don´t like the idea to make a reservation to be cancelled later. They ask for another ticket to go out of the country too. Fortunately they don´t ask for proof of income.

So I´m thinking to arrive without visa, get a 30 days extension and travel to another country to get the tourist visa with not so many hassle. My question is, ¿What´s the best place?

I´d like a cheap fly and a place where it was easy. Do you guys have  a favourite place for this?

I do my tourist visas in Cambodia but they have the same requirements . 

Confirmed flights , hotel booking . 

I do my tourist visas in Cambodia but they have the same requirements . 

Confirmed flights , hotel booking . 

Do you make a reservation and cancel after getting the visa?

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you cancel if it was a genuine application.....??

I don't understand.

If you're coming from Spain as a tourist for 90 days or less just get a SETV from home, and extend at Jomtien for 30 more days. Then you don't have to leave at all.

If you're coming for 180 days do the same and fly out to Vietnam and obtain another SETV for 60 + 30 at Jomtien. That way you only leave Thailand once.

I can't see the point of flying from Spain to Cambodia/Vietnam for a Tourist Visa to Thailand.

Sorry if I've misread it.

I've read it again.

Maybe your intention is to come out on a one way ticket, with no accommodation and stay indefinitely without the appropriate Visa.

My advice is DONT

I don't cancel as i want to go back to Thailand after 1 or 2 weeks Cambodia (more than enough for me) . 

Sometimes i go with the car so don't i have flight reservations . I pay $10 extra in a visa office and they

do all the paperwork including a reservation for me . 

It is also possible that accomodation is not wanted in advance, decided when you get there, plus locations change if you are travelling round.

I'm not sure the authorities check the location so maybe one night booking is enough and go from there? or maybe just the name and address of the accomodation? hopefully someone has the most up to date info

It is also possible that accomodation is not wanted in advance, decided when you get there, plus locations change if you are travelling round.

I'm not sure the authorities check the location so maybe one night booking is enough and go from there? or maybe just the name and address of the accomodation? hopefully someone has the most up to date info

Going to PP for a new visa next week , will report back here . 

I did a 60-day visa at the consulate in New York. Downloaded the form, dropped it off one day, picked up my passport with the visa the next day. As easy as could be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you cancel if it was a genuine application.....??

Because I have no intention to pay 2 months in hotels , I can rent a condo what is cheaper. But Thai embassy ask a hotel booking in advance for the whole travel, what is an stupid rule IMO. When you visit a country for 2-3 months you´re not planning to stay all the time in the same place. What about if I want to go to another cities?

I don't understand.

If you're coming from Spain as a tourist for 90 days or less just get a SETV from home, and extend at Jomtien for 30 more days. Then you don't have to leave at all.

If you're coming for 180 days do the same and fly out to Vietnam and obtain another SETV for 60 + 30 at Jomtien. That way you only leave Thailand once.

I can't see the point of flying from Spain to Cambodia/Vietnam for a Tourist Visa to Thailand.

Sorry if I've misread it.

This is my plan, what I´m asking is what place is better to get a NEW tourist visa. I apply for the first one in my country, but after 90 days I need to leave. My question is what is the best place, because Thai Embassy ask both tickets, if not, they don´t give the visa.

You´re right.

I hope they don´t check location, because I plan to cancel my fake hotel booking.

Archived